Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does all of this Tebow/Bradford talk mean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does all of this Tebow/Bradford talk mean...

That McD has already not seen anything special outta Quinn? I think we can all agree that whether we support Orton or not that the Broncos do not see him as the long term solution. But after the Quinn trade many of us assumed he was brought in to be groomed by McD for the future. Now with all of this talk of drafting a QB does that mean Quinn's days here are already numbered? Or is this all a massive smokescreen?

sigpic

I highly doubt he has even worked out with Quinn yet. Drafting a QB is most likely all a big smokescreen.

Even if he doesnt like Quinn, at least we now have a decent Backup at the QB position.

Comment

it dosent mean much
      as we will carry no more than 3 QB's on our roster

It all comes down to who josh thinks will help him keep his job.
      He will have untill the end of his contract to try to earn either an
      extension or his walking papers. And with one season all ready
      under his belt he has to figure out how to stay employed inorder
      to earn that extension.
      sigpic

Comment

I doubt the QB talk has anything to do with Quinn. McDaniels obviously sees something in him, I highly doubt he would give up on him after just a few weeks.

I do believe we see Quinn as our QB of the future, so if we do draft a QB I think it will be because: A) Orton is only signed for one more year and likely would not accept a back up role. and B) Maybe a lack of faith in Brandstater, although like with Quinn I really don't see McD giving up on him so quickly.

So I would be shocked if we drafted a QB, especially on day one or two.

Comment

Orton QB - I don't know??

Honestly, I think that Orton didn't do horrible last year! But, he just doesn't have the talent that we got from Cutler, Plumber, or ofcourse Elway. For some reason McD has been trying to get Quinn since last season and will most likely start. He obviously sees something in him that we don't know. I woudl put my money on a big smoke screen>>>

We have pleanty of other positions to fill now......
          Born and Raised a Denver Bronco fan!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Downboy View Post
            That McD has already not seen anything special outta Quinn? I think we can all agree that whether we support Orton or not that the Broncos do not see him as the long term solution. But after the Quinn trade many of us assumed he was brought in to be groomed by McD for the future. Now with all of this talk of drafting a QB does that mean Quinn's days here are already numbered? Or is this all a massive smokescreen?
            I don't think it has anything to do with Quinn, I think it has more to do with A: McD not wanting to give away our intentions, and B: McD keeping an open mind about Tebow, who if he slides to the second or even third round would be a great pick up.

If we did pick up Tebow I think Josh would let go of Brandstater before letting go of Quinn...
            sigpic

Kyle Orton Army #140
            Team Tebow #140

Comment

Originally posted by Bivil11 View Post
              Honestly, I think that Orton didn't do horrible last year! But, he just doesn't have the talent that we got from Cutler, Plumber, or ofcourse Elway. For some reason McD has been trying to get Quinn since last season and will most likely start. He obviously sees something in him that we don't know. I woudl put my money on a big smoke screen>>>

We have pleanty of other positions to fill now......
              Bowlen was out at the end of the season talking about maybe getting an elite QB in the draft. Orton however has many qualities that McD likes and would like to build on. He is a markedly different QB than Elway, Plummer and Cutler - much more similar to Montana and Manning in style and he did show great potential in spite of obviously having recurring miscommunication with Sheffler and Royal. The biggest concern I feel is how injury prone he seems.

The way I read McD's statements and actions, he thinks that Tebow might have the IT factor, though there are still mechanics to work out, but that he is worth the gamble. Otherwise it is a massive smokescreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                I doubt the QB talk has anything to do with Quinn. McDaniels obviously sees something in him, I highly doubt he would give up on him after just a few weeks.

I do believe we see Quinn as our QB of the future, so if we do draft a QB I think it will be because: A) Orton is only signed for one more year and likely would not accept a back up role. and B) Maybe a lack of faith in Brandstater, although like with Quinn I really don't see McD giving up on him so quickly.

So I would be shocked if we drafted a QB, especially on day one or two.
                If he can give up on Cutler, he can give up on anybody!
                If you love NFL stats and history
                pro-football-reference.com
                jt-sw.com/football

Comment

It means there's about a 99% chance that Denver isn't drafting a QB......

Comment

I don't think McD will ever be satisfied with the play from the QB position, and for this reason, I wouldn't be surprised to see competition added to the position nearly every single year he is running the show.

Don't be surprised if we draft a QB. I'd be more surprised if we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezer View Post
                      If he can give up on Cutler, he can give up on anybody!
                      yes 3 time super bowl mvp cutler, the best thing since sliced bread.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

I think all the signs are pointing towards Tebow, not so much because we don't like Orton or Quinn, but because we do like Tebow. I can get on board with that - I think Ds will have to permanently assign a LB to keep Tebow from running in the pros just like they did in college. That means one more target in single or soft zone coverage every pass play, and Tebow's got more than enough arm to take advantage of that.

While it's admittedly risky, I hope we just take #11, draft Tebow, and don't look back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                          While it's admittedly risky, I hope we just take #11, draft Tebow, and don't look back.
                          i'd rather trade back into the late 1st/early 2nd, draft tebow, iaputi, and the best WR available and call it a day

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
                            i'd rather trade back into the late 1st/early 2nd, draft tebow, iaputi, and the best WR available and call it a day
                            If we knew we could trade back and still get Tebow, sure. I think trading back in this draft is going to be harder than we think though, and the picks you get in return worse than a typical year.

Since it's a deep draft, everyone is trying to trade back. But if we could find a way to get Tebow and one of the 1st round OL guys, even if we then didn't draft a WR until the 3rd round, that would be OK by me.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                              Bowlen was out at the end of the season talking about maybe getting an elite QB in the draft. Orton however has many qualities that McD likes and would like to build on. He is a markedly different QB than Elway, Plummer and Cutler - much more similar to Montana and Manning in style and he did show great potential in spite of obviously having recurring miscommunication with Sheffler and Royal. The biggest concern I feel is how injury prone he seems.

The way I read McD's statements and actions, he thinks that Tebow might have the IT factor, though there are still mechanics to work out, but that he is worth the gamble. Otherwise it is a massive smokescreen.
                              WAIT A F***ING SECOND....... did you just compare Kyle Orton to Montana and Manning? or am I reading this wrong??

Comment

Working...
                              X