Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 TD pass in three games, Defensive secondary living up to expectations so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 TD pass in three games, Defensive secondary living up to expectations so far.

Db's are looking good, and that one touch down pass was set up by a huge return, im very pleased with the secondary so far. Good D causes me to pitch wood!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

It's not only the secondary living up to expectations... It's also the D-line(Which was more of a suprise than anything), and the LB core.
    sigpic

Comment

and wasnt it on like a 30 yard drive, cause we fumbled it away

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
        It's not only the secondary living up to expectations... It's also the D-line(Which was more of a suprise than anything), and the LB core.
        true, the whole D, especially with the injuries to pryce, sykes and walls, but when the balls in the air i feel good about the guys we have covering the wr's.
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
          true, the whole D, especially with the injuries to pryce, sykes and walls, but when the balls in the air i feel good about the guys we have covering the wr's.
          I said it before- I think Herndon is more of a shut-down corner than Walls. So I say that Walls wasn't a big loss.
          sigpic

Comment

I said it before- I think Herndon is more of a shut-down corner than Walls. So I say that Walls wasn't a big loss.
            Iv said since last year herndon was better then walls, but even losing your nickle back can hurt your team, but middlebrooks has stepped up, but id rather have walls in that nickleback spot if he is healthy, and move middlebrooks to dime. with that lineup in there, man, you have a very, very good cover dime D in there.

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
              Iv said since last year herndon was better then walls, but even losing your nickle back can hurt your team, but middlebrooks has stepped up, but id rather have walls in that nickleback spot if he is healthy, and move middlebrooks to dime. with that lineup in there, man, you have a very, very good cover dime D in there.
              Can't forget about the Roc either, for an undrafted rookie, he's been doing quite well.
              sigpic

Comment

Can't forget about the Roc either, for an undrafted rookie, he's been doing quite well.
                Hehe, i aint forgot about him either, right now i like every db we have, we are deep at safety also, if lynch or kennedy goes down you have ferguson to step in and you dont lose any thing, you may even gain a little better pass coverage with him in there. Yeah, we are looking tight in the db department.

Comment

Damn, I wish Trevor Pryce was healthy enough to be involve in this success our Defense is having. Imagine if he was in the starting lineup. We'd be even more dominate than we are right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos28
                    Damn, I wish Trevor Pryce was healthy enough to be involve in this success our Defense is having. Imagine if he was in the starting lineup. We'd be even more dominate than we are right now.
                    Yup, but hopefully Johnson will be activated and maybe he can bring the pressure on!
                    sigpic

Comment

Yup, but hopefully Johnson will be activated and maybe he can bring the pressure on!
                      yeah, they are playing so well now, wait till you get Pryce and ellis johnson in there rushing the passer, sykes will be back to and replace spragan in the lb spot and thats an upgrade over an already good player....i think the line will be Pryce and heyward on the ends and luther ellis and ellis johnson in the middle, but it doesnt really matter who the starters are on the line because they are moving people in and out of there all the time, with Coleman, raylee johnson, mario fatafehi , Darius Holland and Monsanto pope keeping the line fresh and rested, man, you have a super bowl type defense here, larry is doing a great job coaching this D, When you can play pretty simple defensive scemes and play them as well as denver is right now, then you know you have some major talent on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
                        I have a feeling that Roc is gonna evolve into a shutdown corner as well, good speed, good hands, good name! Ive always said the key to a great defense has to start with great coverage! I guess maybe because I played Corner! (those were that days!)
                        The Roc and the Champ... Sticks with you doesn't it?

P.S. I play corner, got any tips?
                        sigpic

Comment

DB: Don't get intimidated by big receivers. I once covered a guy basically three times my size (the guy was huge, could've been an NFL tight-end), all you gotta do is stay with them and use your arms. NEVER go for an interception when your on an island unless if you have a 'gift-from-God' pass thrown to you. Don't get too indepth with all that footwork stuff, just do what works for you.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                          - Carl Sagan

Comment

Where's Jeff Shoate?

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                            - Carl Sagan

Comment

Working...
                            X