No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young had like 1000 career yards rushing in college. His Sr year he threw for 3900 & ran for like 550. Incredible and they played fewer games then & bowl stats didn't count.

When Young was struggling early in his career in Tampa he almost moved to RB. He would have been a very good RB too.

I hope Josh tones down Tim penchant for contact running the ball.

Comment

• This could be a real turning point for the Broncos franchise -- taking it to that top level of "America's Team" status. A fan following across the country.

Tebow has to be a good player and starter for that to work, but if he does take the team to contention, the Broncos may go to a Cowboys type place, with Tebow as their Staubach.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharp_shepherd View Post
        Oh my....there's Christians in Colorado and they have a headquarters in Colorado Springs....oh my what are we going to do?

Dude...they are Christians with values that are well....focused on the family. Besides Tebow is an adult and if he wants to stand up for good things and be the NFL's opposite of Roethlisberger then great for him and us. Maybe Tebow will wind up being worthy of being a role model unlike those that have been in the news lately.
        This has nothing to do with Christians. I'm questioning to potential motives of a political institution like FOCUS, that sometimes uses religion to push an agenda.

BLACKWATER USA was founded by Prince, and his family had money- and supported Dobson, and were founding board members of the aforementioned FOCUS.

I just don't want distractions. That's all. Not attacking anyone, or anything. Just saying it could be an issue.

As for the role model issue. I love it. I regret that college football is banning that eye-marker message thing Tebow used. No problemt promoting scripture or any of that. As I Christian, I applaud it.

I just don't want Tebow being used to deliver someone else's message. this sort of dilutes his convictions in the first place. I had no problem with the Super Bowl ad.... Just don't want tebow being used. Dat's it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=14659780

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome!

There may be more Bronco fans in Jacksonville for the opener than Jag fans at this point.

I really wanted Tim to go to a team where he was wanted by the coach. I think I got my wish.

Enjoy the ride!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
            Thanks for the welcome!

There may be more Bronco fans in Jacksonville for the opener than Jag fans at this point.

I really wanted Tim to go to a team where he was wanted by the coach. I think I got my wish.

Enjoy the ride!
            We've already considered the fact that we've gained another home game in Florida this year.

Welcome aboard
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by syd_x_barrett View Post
              Young had like 1000 career yards rushing in college. His Sr year he threw for 3900 & ran for like 550. Incredible and they played fewer games then & bowl stats didn't count.

When Young was struggling early in his career in Tampa he almost moved to RB. He would have been a very good RB too.

I hope Josh tones down Tim penchant for contact running the ball.
              Good points, but I think Tebow is built to handle the contact better than a Young, Vick, Cunningham, or Tarkington, who were all great running QB's. Not to say he should take foolish risks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buenacolt11 View Post
                See, I dont get that. Young didnt carry the ball low and he didnt wind up. He may not have had the quickest delivery ever but he carried the ball high and kept it there.
                If you watched the Gruden's QB Camp special on Sportscenter you would see that he has worked on that quite a bit. He has been keeping the ball high and tight, and with a much snappier release.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• Broncos relevancy and our new "T-Boy"

Prior to this weekend, I didn't know that much about Boy Tebow. I don't follow college ball that much but I do follow sport and the hype around this kid the last few years hadn't left a very good taste in my mouth. I'm not really into the religiousity of what I'd hear of and from him and, sure, that put me off a bit. But more so, "hype" itself bothers my stomach - .
                  I wish I would have said something before (like I bet a few folks here are saying), but as soon as I heard that the Broncos were meeting with him, I knew he'd be coming here. On Thursday, the way McD was moving all around on the board, I just knew Tebow was on his mind. I didn't know that they'd take him with their first pick, but I knew it was coming. When Roger didn't say "traded their pick" at no. 25, I said out loud, "it's Tebow. They're going to take Tim Tebow."

I've never been moved by this kid, like I said, but I also didn't know much. Everything leading up to the draft...and listening to ESPN for my sport news (and Nuggets basketball playoff info.), one couldn't NOT hear stuff. For example, the interview and workout with Gruden and all the spin from that. It made an impression on me. Mainly, some of the spin that said (or at least I heard) that the kid's skills were there, mostly/kind of, but that he's "coachable". Definitely one of the reasons I "knew" he was coming to Denver. McD is a Coach. He wants to coach. He wants players that want to be COACHED. (at least, it seems to me....like listen to the, I think it was the Dallas game, NFL films bit when they mic'd him.)

<skip ahead days, weeks, and TONS of hype>

So Tim "the Boy" Tebow ("Golden Boy" or because he is, acts, looks YOUNG. not meant as an insult....but isn't he still a virgin? Gotta be called a "Boy" then, eh?) is selected in the first round. Hype and commentary ensues. I'm finding that I'm not as bothered by the choice as I thought I would be. I don't like all the nonsense with the story and I'm skeptical with the evangelism. Nevertheless, the honest truth was that I was actually kind of happy to see McD make such a decision and move on it. There's an integrity to that that I respect highly - even if it ends up a total messed up move.
                  It wasn't until I watched the interview with Boy-T after his selection that I realised why I was quite happy with the pick. He said something to the effect of, "at Florida, I played in a system and with a coach that told me what to do. I did that to the best of my ability. McD. is my coach now and I will play and do everything possible to play in this system."
                  Damn if all the talking heads aren't somewhat right when they talk about him in person. He's hard not to like....and the "intangibles"? You will all know better than I but this kid really seems to have that "thing"....and it's THAT (as a decent player in the day (basketball) and with some coaching experience myself) that makes me really excited to see how this story plays out.

OK.

The other thing that I think was done with this first round pick....and maybe it's the biggest deal of all.
                  Remembering that this is all a sports entertainment industry (and the NFL is the most successful in this country), this move was brilliant.
                  With this pick, the Broncos just made themselves relevant in a way that they haven't been in years. Certainly, the big change around Shanny's departure was news,...but except for the SB wins (which of course is going to get a team some marketing, merchandise, etc., traction), it's not been since Elway first came to Denver...and up to the late '80s runs, that the "Broncos" - the brand, has made a move to position themselves with the top teams in the league - again, as a BRAND.
                  This pick was MONSTER for that. A WHOLE NEW GROUP OF FANS AND TOTALLY NEW MARKETS OF ATTENTION were just drawn to Denver and the Broncos....a BRILLIANT move for the team. That one little pick at number 25 just ROCKETED the Broncos to the stage (albeit not quite center stage, yet) and the lights are on and we'll get attention now in a way we couldn't have for the next handful of years. With a cost/benefit analysis of marketing dollars/attention and sales, the Broncos made a VERY savvy move.
                  Very smart.

So, two thumbs up, Donkeys. Sure, it's mainly hope right now but, as much as I don't want to admit it, I'm excited about this team's future. Right now, my grade for this Broncos' draft, A-.

Post Script: Wasn't there a funny QB in Cleveland for a while in the '80s that seemed to get to some championship games? Didn't he throw kinda weird? I haven NO idea what Bernie's scouting reports were when he came into the league (so I could be WAY off here, admittedly) but, seriously....with Boy-T's work, it's hard to believe he won't have some success in this league. Again, I kind of hate to admit it at this point but,...well,....there you go. I think Boy-T (TBoy?) will do well.
                  Last edited by Peanut; 04-26-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Specifically, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the "Broncos relevancy" item.

Comment

• McD: Why Tebow will succeed

There are some who believe that McD will re-invent how offense is played in the NFL with Tim Tebow. I don't know how true that is, but the way McD smiles when mentioning Tebow, I have to believe that McD believes that he and Tebow will be successful for a very LONG time. When anyone brings up Tebow, McD doesn't smile like this . Oh no! McD is full on .

Here's what I know about McD.

Tom Brady averaged: 3480 yards, 24 TDS, 13 INTs, 61.75% completions, and a QB rating of 87.7

Under McD Brady averaged: 4,148 yards, 33 TDs, 11 INTs, 64.6% completions and an average QB rating of 99.1.
                      __________________________________________________ _____________

Matt Cassell averaged: 84 yards, 0.66 TDs, 0.66 INTs, 57.9% completions, 64.3 QB rating

Matt Cassel under McD: 3,693 yards, 21 TDs, 11 INTs, 63.4% completions, and 89.4 QB rating.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Kyle Orton averaged: 2420.5 yards, 13.5 TDs, 12.5 INTs, 55% completions, and a 69.65 QB rating

Kyle Orton under McD: 3802 yards, 21 TDs, 12 INTs, 62.1% completions, and 86.8 QB rating.
                      __________________________________________________ ____________
                      Tim Tebow: ????
                      __________________________________________________ ____________

All I'm saying is that McD has coached a lot of QBs under a lot of different circumstances and he's succeeded with all of them. To think that McD is going to fail with Tim Tebow to me is ridiculous when he's succeeded with less talented guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by driftwood View Post
                        Prior to this weekend, I didn't know that much about Boy Tebow. I don't follow college ball that much but I do follow sport and the hype around this kid the last few years hadn't left a very good taste in my mouth. I'm not really into the religiousity of what I'd hear of and from him and, sure, that put me off a bit. But more so, "hype" itself bothers my stomach - .
                        I wish I would have said something before (like I bet a few folks here are saying), but as soon as I heard that the Broncos were meeting with him, I knew he'd be coming here. On Thursday, the way McD was moving all around on the board, I just knew Tebow was on his mind. I didn't know that they'd take him with their first pick, but I knew it was coming. When Roger didn't say "traded their pick" at no. 25, I said out loud, "it's Tebow. They're going to take Tim Tebow."

I've never been moved by this kid, like I said, but I also didn't know much. Everything leading up to the draft...and listening to ESPN for my sport news (and Nuggets basketball playoff info.), one couldn't NOT hear stuff. For example, the interview and workout with Gruden and all the spin from that. It made an impression on me. Mainly, some of the spin that said (or at least I heard) that the kid's skills were there, mostly/kind of, but that he's "coachable". Definitely one of the reasons I "knew" he was coming to Denver. McD is a Coach. He wants to coach. He wants players that want to be COACHED. (at least, it seems to me....like listen to the, I think it was the Dallas game, NFL films bit when they mic'd him.)

<skip ahead days, weeks, and TONS of hype>

So Tim "the Boy" Tebow ("Golden Boy" or because he is, acts, looks YOUNG. not meant as an insult....but isn't he still a virgin? Gotta be called a "Boy" then, eh?) is selected in the first round. Hype and commentary ensues. I'm finding that I'm not as bothered by the choice as I thought I would be. I don't like all the nonsense with the story and I'm skeptical with the evangelism. Nevertheless, the honest truth was that I was actually kind of happy to see McD make such a decision and move on it. There's an integrity to that that I respect highly - even if it ends up a total messed up move.
                        It wasn't until I watched the interview with Boy-T after his selection that I realised why I was quite happy with the pick. He said something to the effect of, "at Florida, I played in a system and with a coach that told me what to do. I did that to the best of my ability. McD. is my coach now and I will play and do everything possible to play in this system."
                        Damn if all the talking heads aren't somewhat right when they talk about him in person. He's hard not to like....and the "intangibles"? You will all know better than I but this kid really seems to have that "thing"....and it's THAT (as a decent player in the day (basketball) and with some coaching experience myself) that makes me really excited to see how this story plays out.

OK.

The other thing that I think was done with this first round pick....and maybe it's the biggest deal of all.
                        Remembering that this is all a sports entertainment industry (and the NFL is the most successful in this country), this move was brilliant.
                        With this pick, the Broncos just made themselves relevant in a way that they haven't been in years. Certainly, the big change around Shanny's departure was news,...but except for the SB wins (which of course is going to get a team some marketing, merchandise, etc., traction), it's not been since Elway first came to Denver...and up to the late '80s runs, that the "Broncos" - the brand, has made a move to position themselves with the top teams in the league - again, as a BRAND.
                        This pick was MONSTER for that. A WHOLE NEW GROUP OF FANS AND TOTALLY NEW MARKETS OF ATTENTION were just drawn to Denver and the Broncos....a BRILLIANT move for the team. That one little pick at number 25 just ROCKETED the Broncos to the stage (albeit not quite center stage, yet) and the lights are on and we'll get attention now in a way we couldn't have for the next handful of years. With a cost/benefit analysis of marketing dollars/attention and sales, the Broncos made a VERY savvy move.
                        Very smart.

So, two thumbs up, Donkeys. Sure, it's mainly hope right now but, as much as I don't want to admit it, I'm excited about this team's future. Right now, my grade for this Broncos' draft, A-.

Post Script: Wasn't there a funny QB in Cleveland for a while in the '80s that seemed to get to some championship games? Didn't he throw kinda weird? I haven NO idea what Bernie's scouting reports were when he came into the league (so I could be WAY off here, admittedly) but, seriously....with Boy-T's work, it's hard to believe he won't have some success in this league. Again, I kind of hate to admit it at this point but,...well,....there you go. I think Boy-T (TBoy?) will do well.
                        Very well put, and Tebow has a **** ton more athletic ability than Bernie Kosar did.
                        Last edited by Peanut; 04-26-2010, 11:59 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post

Comment

• Originally posted by driftwood View Post
                          Specifically, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the "Broncos relevancy" item.
                          We're only relevant if he starts. Otherwise, it's a media flash-in-the-pan and nobody puts highlights of the dude riding the bench on SportsCenter, funky eye makeup messages or no.

Comment

• I'm new fan here too. Thanks you.

Comment

• Originally posted by vinnyspree View Post
                              Isn't it ironic how much Steve Young absolutely HATED this pick. I like Young, and to say it lightly he thinks McDaniels is a MORON.
                              Steve played with divas who helped win championships... like Deion Sanders and Ricky Waters. So McDaniels tossing Cutler, Marshal and Scheffler felt like a coach who values Yes Men over talent to Young. Which in Young's eyes is beyond stupid considering the crap shoot that the draft is.

Comment

• I hadn't seen this thread until now...

As a Broncos/die hard Gator fan that's been around here for a while I have to say WELCOME! Glad to have everyone here. It's been a little lonely being one of the very few Tebow fans over the past couple seasons. Glad to have some backup... oh and don't be strangers in the college football section this upcoming season. I could use some back up.

Go Broncos! GO GATORS!

THE GATOR NATION IS EVERYWHERE!!!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks Blondie79!
                                All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
                                Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
                                "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

Working...
                                X