Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    Isn't Jamie Dukes the one that was down on Tebow because he didn't think his mechanics could transition to the NFL?

Didn't he just say in this clip that mechanics weren't that big of a deal?
    I noticed that too. Way to be a hypocrit there Dukes!
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• LMAO @ Dukes' pants....

Comment

• I hate that ****** but he is pretty good in front of the camera and I could see him on ESPN in the future.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal Dominance View Post
          Jay Cutler may be a baby, but he definitely has a gun! If he ever develops the wise judgment to go along with that arm-cannon, he’ll be an exceptional NFL QB who will be able to solely become the difference between victory & defeat.
          You are absolutely right! He has all the physical tools, and could still emerge as an elite QB. In my mind Elway actually got much better with age due to better decision making. We might see Cutler bloom after 30, but then he might also follow the path of Geoff George.

Rivers did act with class in the segment, and it was fun to see Dukes come up and say right away that mechanics were not that important. It is just these Dr. Dukes and Mr. Hyde moments.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
            If KO has that type of season, he may not sign, especially if the Broncos try to low ball him. BUT, if the offer him a 2yr $16.5 mill contract, he might take it.
            Only if someone out there isn't willing to offer him the same amount of money for 4-6 years.

I suspect that the Broncos will look at offering an incentive laden contract for 4-6 years with a decent signing bonus and the ability to trade Orton in 2-3 years when and if they decide they are going to go with Tebow fulltime.
            You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Isn't Jamie Dukes the one that was down on Tebow because he didn't think his mechanics could transition to the NFL?

Didn't he just say in this clip that mechanics weren't that big of a deal?
              Actually, I thought Dukes' opinion on Tebow was that he's a project QB, and a "small ball" QB. I don't know that it's only because of his mechanics. It could be the system he played in, or his playing style. You see the same criticisms of Thomas, who is considered to be a project WR by many analysts.

Rivers sat for essentially two years before he started. Dukes thinks that McDaniels doesn't have that luxury with Tebow, and now he has spent a 1st rounder on a guy who won't make the team better right now.
              "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal Dominance View Post
                I only saw “dialogue” between the two in 1 of the 5 games, the rest of it was media hype in which Rivers took the high road, and Cutler spouted off.

I don’t view posting actual, historical facts as being “incendiary”. There have been 5 Chargers vs. Broncos games featuring Rivers & Cutler as the respective starting quarterbacks, and the Chargers have won 4 of them, all by 20 points or more. The only Broncos win was the direct result of referee interference, leading to an NFL rule change but had the Bolts rightfully won that game, at least it would’ve been by less than 10 points.

As for Tim Tebow, he is a highly skilled, well accomplished college QB who will likely succeed in the pros, and will probably get along very well with Philip Rivers. They’re both highly competitive, deeply religious guys who could form a close, personal friendship and even hang out together in the offseason.

Jay Cutler may be a baby, but he definitely has a gun! If he ever develops the wise judgment to go along with that arm-cannon, he’ll be an exceptional NFL QB who will be able to solely become the difference between victory & defeat.
                At least give us credit for having the guts to go for 2! It's not like we got the fluke call and went into OT and squeaked out a field goal victory...
                sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

• Rivers is widely considered the most classless player in the league. It's pretty sad to see some Broncos fans talk him up now simply because of their hatred of their own ex-QB. I'm half-expecting some geniuses to start posting about how Al Davis may have been right about Shanahan all along

And for those saying he should be among the top-5 QBs instead of McNabb, remember that McNabb took to 5 NFC Championship games teams not nearly as talented as the one Rivers has had (and hasn't done squat with). He's consistently had the most talented team in the league around him for every year he's been a starting QB and while those drafted with him have also won SBs with less-talented teams, Rivers is building up a Plummer-esque playoff record.
                  Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Cutler will get better in Chicagos system in time. He was asked to make reads that he had never done before in Denvers system.

I think Claussen should have been the pick, or at least wait until the 2nd round to get Tebow. He is a guy that you root for and I wish him well, however, from a football perspective it was another reach by the front office.

As for Rivers, you can polish a turd all you want, it's still a turd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                      At least give us credit for having the guts to go for 2! It's not like we got the fluke call and went into OT and squeaked out a field goal victory...
                      The Chargers did nothing to cause the fumble and while Hochuli blew the whistle too quickly, it's not like the Chargers 'deserved' that ball. We've had calls like that go against us all the time and NEVER have whined as much as all of San Diego seemed to with that one.
                      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coachbozo View Post
                        Cutler will get better in Chicagos system in time. He was asked to make reads that he had never done before in Denvers system.

I think Claussen should have been the pick, or at least wait until the 2nd round to get Tebow. He is a guy that you root for and I wish him well, however, from a football perspective it was another reach by the front office.

As for Rivers, you can polish a turd all you want, it's still a turd.
                        I think Cutler played below his usual standards in Chicago and IMO not having Shanahan gameplan for him affected him more than anything else. Shanahan wants his QBs to be unafraid and take their shots because while you might throw some interceptions, his offensive gameplans are usually good enough that with a good QB you'll make enough plays to compensate for the interceptions (like Cutler did comfortably in 2008). In Chicago, the less sophisticated offensive game-planning and inexperienced receivers meant that Cutler needed to be more conservative with the ball and I think he tried to do more than they asked of him. But when you've had the most aggressive playcaller in the league urging you to not play afraid in your formative years, it's hard to all of a sudden turn that off. Regardless, IMO Cutler's 2009 issues were something he could have avoided.

I would have agreed about Clausen (who I think can be good if and when he gets a shot) for nearly every team in the league. The exception to that is us, because we run an offense adapted from the one Tebow ran in college.

No disagreement about Rivers though.

Comment

• I am not a Rivers "fan" but in spite of the rivalry and the "smack" going on, especially the stuff between Cutler and Rivers, I have to admit:
                          - the guy is a good leader for his club
                          - he is one of the better QBs in the league
                          - he has more guts than many give him credit for....he proved that to me when he played as good as he could against the Pats a few years ago in the playoffs, despite a very tough injury.....if I recall correctly, that was when LT was being less than a leader

Comment

Rivers is actually a pretty decent human being from all signs so far.

I'm not surprised at his comments.
                            I agree. I think Phillip Rivers is a great guy off the field, but man he's a total jerk on the field. I probably think that because he's not a Denver Bronco, and he's a really good QB on a division rival team that beat us every year.

But, yeah. I've heard really great things about him and how good of a person he is off the field. All the great ones have that competitive switch, where they probably aren't the best person in the world when competing. You have to have that fierceness, there's no doubt about it.

Comment

• Due to my interest ...

... in how football teams are built, coached and play the game on the field, the Phillip Rivers interview contained just a tidbit or two of interest.

Keep in mind that the NFLN is more like a morning network TV wakeup show than anything to do with real football.

Fans get worked up over non-football issues with rivals. For players and coaches that stuff gets in the way of preparation and execution.

Phillip Rivers is a great football player with tremendous physical courage. He's hard to beat which should be enough motivation for the Broncos to do their best against him.

It's always best to respect one's opponents. Healthy respect tends to produce the desired results more often than not.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                                Rivers is widely considered the most classless player in the league. It's pretty sad to see some Broncos fans talk him up now simply because of their hatred of their own ex-QB. I'm half-expecting some geniuses to start posting about how Al Davis may have been right about Shanahan all along

And for those saying he should be among the top-5 QBs instead of McNabb, remember that McNabb took to 5 NFC Championship games teams not nearly as talented as the one Rivers has had (and hasn't done squat with). He's consistently had the most talented team in the league around him for every year he's been a starting QB and while those drafted with him have also won SBs with less-talented teams, Rivers is building up a Plummer-esque playoff record.
                                You can think and believe what you want but when Cutler was with the Broncos I hated the way that he would wear his helmet over his eyes. I hated it that he would always look at the ground. I also hated his temper tantrums and the way that he carried himself. I supported Cutler anyway because he was the QB of my Broncos! He no longer plays for the Broncos so you can bet I dont have a darn nice thing about that spoiled punk!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X