Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
    That doesn't speak well for Kyle, does it? That has to mean he's not as good at
    blocking, tackling, and kicking as the other team. He just wasn't good at any of
    the other 21 positions on the team.

Now that we have all this nonsense out of the way, can we get back to the
    point Neckbeard was actually making?

-----
    If you're going to give some shots, you have to expect to take some as well.

I agree with the bolded statement.

Comment

• What on earth has happened on this forum?

Last time I was here (last season), I remember reading posts from a lot of sore losers after the game at Mile high, how Rivers is the worst human in all of sports, and how the Broncos deserved to win that game if not for a few lucky breaks in our favor.

But now I open a Philip Rivers related thread and I see reasonable, and interesting posts. (!?!?) It's absolutely understandable that you don't like Rivers or the Chargers, being a divisional rival and everything. It's just good to see that everyone (Except that one guy, who is apparently speaking on behalf of most of the NFL when he says Rivers is the most classless guy in the league) has respect for the guy.

Cheers guys, and good luck for next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Houdini View Post
        If you're going to give some shots, you have to expect to take some as well.

I agree with the bolded statement.
        Okay, Houdini. Show me what you got!

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by Marblex View Post
          What on earth has happened on this forum?

Last time I was here (last season), I remember reading posts from a lot of sore losers after the game at Mile high, how Rivers is the worst human in all of sports, and how the Broncos deserved to win that game if not for a few lucky breaks in our favor.
          Oh, you were lucky. We deserved to win it and you know it.

Unlike some who discount luck or include luck depending on whether or not it favors their point however, I believe that luck is part of the game and that good teams get lucky more often.

Opportunities come to all teams. Not all teams capitalize on those opportunities.

Comment

• Not stepping on any toes but when I tried that link it was a one on one conversation basically.

I think this is the direct link to it, just figured I would update since it took me a few minutes to figure it out.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...s-on-mechanics

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
              Okay, Houdini. Show me what you got!

-----

ahahahaha, don't worry about it, you seem like a good guy. :thumb:

i got nothing...:doh:

Comment

• I hate Rivers because he is an elite top 5 QB on our biggest rival, but I respect the man.

I used to think he was extremely cocky and arrogant, but I now realize that he was reacting to Cutler's immature actions instead of initiating them himself. He was a loud mouth due to Cutler. And he has also stated that he always keeps his smack talk clean and never swears.

I have read 2 books that involved Rivers. One talked about how he was a mature family man with a wife and 3 kids. He has always been respectful and religious and has a humble background. The other book was written about life as a GM and the GM, Ernie Accorsi, stated that Rivers was possibly the most honest, kind, and respectful player he'd ever met.

I live in Buffalo, but my friend has an aunt who lives in San Diego and is a neighbor of Rivers. He has met Rivers while visiting his aunt and has also told me about what a great guy Rivers is.

This all leads me back to my original statement. You don't have to like Rivers, but you at least have to respect him.

It may be a division battle between Rivers and Tebow of who can be the better person.
                Last edited by Iron Clady; 07-20-2010, 04:26 PM.
                Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                  Considering that he had tremendous success here and had a below-par season in Chicago, I wouldn't say that the problem was the same there as here (he didn't really seem to have much of a problem here). Shanahan hated dink-and-dunk guys and said as much when talking about Cutler. He didn't like QBs who care about their completion percentages and their QB ratings but looked to make plays. I would like to see him play with a good running game and defense for atleast one season before saying that he has a patience problem, though it looks like with Martz as his co-ordinator it's not going to be this season.

I see a lot of people say that about the AFC Championship Game he played. However, I can guarantee you that almost every QB worth his salt would want to play for a Super Bowl berth if given the chance. What was shocking was that while Rivers was stinking up that game, his defense and running game (with Michael Turner and Sproles) was doing a great job. If Turner had the good sense to yank Rivers and put Volek in, they would have been playing in the Super Bowl.

As for standing in the pocket, few QBs have more intentional grounding penalties than Rivers does. It seems that nearly everytime he has a rusher in his face, he throws it at the feet of someone in the pocket.
                  You really come off as a bitter hater. Rivers stands in the pocket taller than any other QB. He never cowards away from contact to get rid of the ball.

You mean the defense in the AFCC game that allowed NE to run out the last 9 minutes of the game??

What running game where you watching exactly in that game.

To suggest Rivers isn't a top 3 QB is wishful thinking, to not admit he is top 5 is a cry for help.

Everything you said about Rivers just comes off as bitter gospel with no ground to stand on.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                    I believe you are looking for the tennis or golf forums, where players win or lose by themselves. This is a football message board.
                    Funny how you make endless excuses for Cutler and say it's a team sport, then you let your bitterness come to the light and put blame on Rivers. Classic!

Plummer playoff resume?? EPIC to say the least. You are a mod here?? Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
                      I hate Rivers because he is an elite top 5 QB on our biggest rival, but I respect the man.

I used to think he was extremely cocky and arrogant, but I now realize that he was reacting to Cutler's immature actions instead of initiating them himself. He was a loud mouth due to Cutler. And he has also stated that he always keeps his smack talk clean and never swears.

I have read 2 books that involved Rivers. One talked about how he was a mature family man with a wife and 3 kids. He has always been respectful and religious and has a humble background. The other book was written about life as a GM and the GM, Ernie Accorsi, stated that Rivers was possibly the most honest, kind, and respectful player he'd ever met.

I live in Buffalo, but my friend has an aunt who lives in San Diego and is a neighbor of Rivers. He has met Rivers while visiting his aunt and has also told me about what a great guy Rivers is.

This all leads me back to my original statement. You don't have to like Rivers, but you at least have to respect him.

It may be a division battle between Rivers and Tebow of who can be the better person.
                      I dont think that things were driven by Cutler instigating things, but it must have been clear to the Chargers that Cutler could easily be provoked, and loose his cool. I would be surprised if taunting was not part of the game plan.

No crime in that!

Comment

• *What very few people outside the state of Florida don't realize... we saw it from Tim's freshman season when he would come in to replace Leak on an important third down and the entire offense "got better" even though Chris was a 100+ efficiency pro-style better QB... is that Tim's number should have a little asterisk next to it called *intangible effect and read "boosts every other offensive player's position score by 4." He may not have the outright "position skill" as Orton but the offense will move the chains better with him in there.

Gatorwheel, thanks for that post. And I've brought this up before in defense of tebow NOT starting his rookie year. He's got alot to learn still but there is noone I know in both the NFL or college who can turn a third and three into ten to fifteen yards. He rushes like no other Qb I've seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                          No, I think the overall plan is to win NOW and keep winning. Josh had a so-called "franchise QB" in Cutler and couldn't get rid of him quickly enough. That makes me think McD doesn't necessarily value the same QB traits as you do.
                          I am very sure that you are right that McD does not agree with the Cutler fans in here about what makes an elite QB. There is however no indication that he "couldn't get rid of him quickly enough".

McD wanted Cassel but there is absolutely no proof that he did anything to get rid of Cutler after the rumor about a possible trade broke. He made it clear that Cutler did not have ultimate say over the organisation, but he never tried to get rid of Cutler. I actually think that he would have loved to coach him up.

Orton has nowhere the potential, but seems to be a better option over the course of a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
                            *What very few people outside the state of Florida don't realize... we saw it from Tim's freshman season when he would come in to replace Leak on an important third down and the entire offense "got better" even though Chris was a 100+ efficiency pro-style better QB... is that Tim's number should have a little asterisk next to it called *intangible effect and read "boosts every other offensive player's position score by 4." He may not have the outright "position skill" as Orton but the offense will move the chains better with him in there.

Gatorwheel, thanks for that post. And I've brought this up before in defense of tebow NOT starting his rookie year. He's got alot to learn still but there is noone I know in both the NFL or college who can turn a third and three into ten to fifteen yards. He rushes like no other Qb I've seen.
                            We actually all understand Tim Tebow love. We get it. But so many of the Tebow fans coming to the Broncos seem to have only experience dealing with college ball and haven't seen the steady stream of college superstars who get to the NFL and underperform, for whatever reason.

I agree, Tebow should be able to excel in the NFL. SHOULD. But in the Not For Long, what should happen doesn't always.
                            You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
                              Plummer playoff resume?? EPIC to say the least. You are a mod here?? Really?
                              Had Plummer not been QB for an ailing franchise earlier in his career, I have no doubt he would have had multiple rings.

Look at what he did in the few years he was in Denver. He rivaled your boy Rivers' numbers. He was arguably the third best QB in the league next to Brady and Manning from 2004-2005.

Shoo fly.

As far as Rivers/Tebow goes:

The two will probably be good acquaintances in the division for the next 10 years. Look at the AFCW teams. The Chargers and Broncos both have QB's that will be here for a long time. I think it'll be a good thing, and their relationship will only be the better because of shared religious beliefs.
                              Last edited by DishWater; 07-21-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
                                You are a mod here?? Really?
                                If someone's right, no one cares if they're a mod, including the mods.

Get back in the smack forum for this kind of behavior.

This applies to all of you, whether you're sporting manly orange and blue or powder puff blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X