Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChristyL17 View Post
    http://twitter.com/MaxBroncos

Among the injured Broncos who missed OTA time to injuries on the field today: E.Decker, M.Branson, R.Hochstein, J.J.Arrington, R.Harris.

Eric Decker also in uniform. Had a couple of balky moments early in practice but otherwise smooth. Towers over his fellow WRs. 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Neither Tebow nor D. Thomas on the field. A few veterans taking part, including Orton, B.Quinn, R.Hochstein, M.Branson, K.McKinley.
    Nice to see Kenny in there getting reps.
    sigpic

Comment

• It appears all the sources agree that a deal is within reach… :paper:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Tim Tebow is missing the Denver Broncos' first day of workouts for rookies and injured players because he hasn't signed a contract, although a source told NFL Network's Scott Hanson that an agreement is "close."

Serious negotiations between the Broncos and Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, took place Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, the source said.

Tebow, drafted 25th overall after winning two national titles at Florida, said last month that he didn't want to miss a single practice as he makes his transition from college star to NFL quarterback. But he can't show up without his signature on a contract that's expected to be worth $12 million over five years
      Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
        decker, thomas, beadles, walton, all likely to start or at least see starting time. Maybe even olsen will beat out someone on the starting squad. You really think its not a good idea to get to know his new guys? What does quinn and orton have to do thats better?
        Thomas isn't there, I don't expect Decker to do much, and does he really need great chemistry with a LG that might not start? Walton has merit though. I was mainly talking about building trust between the WRs. Gaffney, Royal, Stokley, and Thomas aren't there yet. Those figure to be the main guys for at least the start of the season. They need to get to know the new guys but it doesn't really make a difference if they report when the rookies report or when the whole team reports. Now if all the WRs were there then yeah I would Quinn and Orton should be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit View Post
          It appears all the sources agree that a deal is within reach… :paper:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines
          All these articles just add more suspense. I want an article that reports him actually signing

Comment

• Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
            Tebow is supposed to be above this stuff .
            If you can show me a quote from any place or any time where Tim Tebow says the words "I am above money, I do not need it." I will believe your statement completely. He wants to practice, and blaming him completely for this is non-sense. I'm gonna go ahead and guess he is as disappointed in not being there as anyone is.
            sigpic

“My age is getting up there, but that doesn't mean my play has to diminish” -Brian Dawkins

Man I love the way this guy plays!

Comment

• Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
              Above what stuff? Good character and a lack of greed doesn't mean he should just accept whatever offer was put in front of him. There's a standing precedent that rookie QBs get paid more than other positions drafted at the same spot. The Broncos should have come out from the get go and offered him more than Bryant, but apparently they didn't.
              If the 5 years 12 million guaranteed holds true than hes already getting 5 million more guaranteed dollars than Vontae davis got in the same spot last year from the Dolphins .

This would also be more than Josh Freeman got at the 18th pick last year .

There was a standing precedent that said qbs who have troubles with there mechanics dont get drafted in the first rd either .

Now we are trying to somehow cheat tebow so he should hold out lol again it doesnt get any more ridiculous than these theories about how he should be owed so much more .

If the 5 year 12 million holds true than we gave Tebow a very fair offer and hes trying to fleece us not the other way around . For him to have someone who represents him to be haggling over this now is below the standards that he claims to represent.
              "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
                Would you please stop trying to make this about us and what we would do . Most of us here wouldnt go around saying we arent about the money wed all be all about the money but we wouldnt try and make it seem as though we are not .

Tebow wanted to practice for free after his press conference in April and now the only thing holding him back is himself . Not his agent or the broncos but himself .

I dont care if he loves jesus because that really between him and jesus all I care about is seeing him in camp and for him to remain the guy he tried to sell us which is that this type of stuff wouldnt be happening with him because all he wants to do is just play.

Tebow is supposed to be above this stuff .
                so if u went to sell your car tomorrow and u wanted to sell it to a single widowed mom cause you wanted to help her out but she only offered you 10000 and the car is worth twenty you should be above that and take the cut. Personally, I think Tebow worked his whole life for this and he should get what he can. He can get hurt tommorrow and be out of football forever. He has to think about that and takin care of his own family too. I think every one of us on this board would, I know I would.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  It depends on how you look at it. Personally I would not have taken any of them early in the 1st and I would rather have Tebow over Bradford and Colt. The way I see it, he out-dueled almost every other QB in the draft in head to head, sans Claussen. They rate them on how well suited they think they are for Pro offenses. But as history shows, it's up to the player to get to the next level and not what system they come from. Our very own Quinn came from a "Pro-Style" offense and what has he done thus far???? So I think somewhere in that Arron Rodgers range would be fare compensation for a late 1st round QB without getting insane. So look for something like $18-20 guaranteed with like a $3-5mil signing bonus. The good thing is if you are a recipient of one of his many charities
                  Are you crazy? He's worth 1/10Th of that! He needs to prove first he can play in an NFL system. Sure he is one of the most accomplished quarterbacks in college football history. He was also surrounded by the most talent in college football while instituting a gimmick offense that will get him killed in the NFL. He needs to prove himself first before his guaranteed big payday.
                  sigpic

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncodrmmr View Post
                    If you can show me a quote from any place or any time where Tim Tebow says the words "I am above money, I do not need it." I will believe your statement completely. He wants to practice, and blaming him completely for this is non-sense. I'm gonna go ahead and guess he is as disappointed in not being there as anyone is.
                    I didnt say he said that why dont you show me a quote where I said that ?

He is to blame for this its just silly to say hes not .
                    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by vandammage13 View Post
                      I was watching Around the Horn on ESPN and they were discussing which of the top 4 rookie QB's will have the biggest impact this year. Woody said that he "genuinely believes that Tebow will be the starter come Week 1 over Orton." 3 out of the 4 columnists on the show said Tebow would have the biggest impact this year.

Your thoughts?
                      Woody is smoking dope again.

And not offering to share.
                      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by thinkin101 View Post
                        Are you crazy? He's worth 1/10Th of that! He needs to prove first he can play in an NFL system. Sure he is one of the most accomplished quarterbacks in college football history. He was also surrounded by the most talent in college football while instituting a gimmick offense that will get him killed in the NFL. He needs to prove himself first before his guaranteed big payday.
                        Lol, that's probably less than half, of Sam Bradford's guarnteed, contract,

Comment

• Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                          All these articles just add more suspense. I want an article that reports him actually signing
                          Hey, you'll hear no argument out me me bro.
                          Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            so if u went to sell your car tomorrow and u wanted to sell it to a single widowed mom cause you wanted to help her out but she only offered you 10000 and the car is worth twenty you should be above that and take the cut. Personally, I think Tebow worked his whole life for this and he should get what he can. He can get hurt tommorrow and be out of football forever. He has to think about that and takin care of his own family too. I think every one of us on this board would, I know I would.
                            What ? worst analogy ever lol

First off if i was selling the car I wouldnt be telling everyone I would give them a huge discount because I just wanted to get rid of the car and then when they show up say I want full value. If I wouldve told people straight up that I wanted full value then the only people who wouldve showed up wouldve showed up wouldve been people ready to pay that price and no one would be mad because I misrepresented what i was about .

Of course because his family would starve with 12 million while live lavishly with 12.5 or 13 .

I have no problem with him going after the dough what I have a problem with is 3 straight months of hearing how hes not about that .

Comment

• I am curious to know what, exactly, Woody has seen in our mini-camps (not even training camp) that has convinced him Tebow will win the starting job as a rookie.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
                                How about because it was MANDATORY for rookies, guys nursing injuries, and QBs?

It has nothing to do with leadership. Quinn talks about it in his latest interview about it being mandatory for all the QBs.
                                Really ? you gotta link to that interview where he said it was mandatory for both he and Orton to be there ?

Comment

Working...
                                X