Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
    hey, this is Woody who wanted us to change QB's last season because he hated Orton so much he was convinced that if Orton could take us to 6-0, then Sims could take us to the playoffs and beyond
    The incident seems so long ago so forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Woody call for Simms shortly after Preseason? Most of us were wanting Orton off the field too after that left-handed interception.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddieroyal View Post
      http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-without-him/1

The Denver Broncos are closing in on a contract for first-round pick Tim Tebow, but no deal was yet in place as fellow Broncos rookies began working out on Wednesday.

ESPN reported that Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, is seeking more money for his client, the 25th overall pick, than the Dallas Cowboys gave to WR Dez Bryant, the 24th overall pick. Sexton wants the Broncos to pay a premium for Tebow because he is a a quarterback, ESPN reported.

Bryant's deal included $11.8 million total with $8.3 million guaranteed.

NFL.com reported that Tebow is staying in the Denver area and is ready to report for work as soon as the sides reach a deal. Head coach Josh McDaniels called Tebow on Wednesday, ESPN said, to convey his disappointment at the quarterback's absence.

Broncos veterans don't report until Saturday, but fellow QBs Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn reported and worked out with the rookies on Wednesday.

-- Sean Leahy
      For articles like this I'll say this is the reason some of our players hold out and cause problems that hurt the team and their chemistry. Agents are greedy and poison players around the league too better their pockets. If you ask tebow he wants to be out there with the guys but the agent is like don't sign you deserve more money.

What they don't understand is that the player will get paid if he can come out and perform. You have Tim Tebow you'll have tons of money pouring in yet you hurt this players production cause you think he deserves to get paid more money cause he's a qb? Rookie contracts aren't high and rewarding anyways unless you're a top 10 pick in the draft. It's shameful how the agents conduct buisness sometimes.

And yes I do know both sides the agent is looking out for Tebow's best interest but 12M is a lot I think the deal was five years so my question is how much is the guy trying to get?
      :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big D View Post
        While I think Orton starting is a real possibility (and a huge mistake), I think Tebow starting is also quite likely. Tebow is simply a better player, and it's not exactly hard to see that. Orton is 2-8 over his last 10 games, and should be on a VERY short leash. I don't see any reason the franchise, the fans, or the other players should tolerate that sort of failure.
        Tebow is 0-0 in his NFL career
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
          You tell us: Why is Orton there? Not as a figment of your imagination. If you
          really do know something, share it with us, please . . .

-----
          If I remember correctly, the QBs were at rookie camp last year too. It's hard to have camp without a QB to run the offense.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            top four QB who iwll have the biggest Impact it will obviously be Sam Bradford, cause if he can get them to fear the pass just a little so they can stop stacking hte box, Steven jackson will hav ea hjuge year.
            Sam Bradford may not even start this year. He probably will, but they have a good QB in AJ feeley who can run the team while Bradford learns for a while. I think it will depend on how Spags wants to approach this. He seems like an old school guy to me so I wouldn't be surprised to see AJ run the team for a while.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Its wrong for Tebow's agent to expect fair-market value. The Broncos ought to be able to manipulate him into accepting a low ball offer.
              Fair-market value is a relative term and open to interpretation.
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by WestwoodsBronco View Post
                because he is a leader? Well shoot, Champ and Brian Dawkins are leaders... do you see them there? Its sad that our starting QB is at rookie camp. you dont see any other starting quarterbacks that have a hold of there job at ROOKIE CAMP. I dont care how much of a leader he is, Kyle orton is scared and him and his followers will not admit it.
                This just sounds desperate and hateful. The TEAM needs QBs to throw balls to the rookies. So Orton and Quinn BOTH show up to help out the TEAM. And that's a bad thing?

Trying saying it out loud. Maybe then you'll realize how stupid that sounds...
                "That's a crap question."
                - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                  Fair-market value is a relative term and open to interpretation.
                  It's true, but the precedent has been set that says rookie QBs get more than other positions.
                  Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

• I can't help but find it ironic that Bryant was the first 1st rounder to sign while Tebow is the one posturing for higher compensation than Bryant while being selected directly after him. There were many people on here predicting that Bryant would be the one to pull a Crabtree LOL

I don't think anyone would have believed or predicted this headline a month or two ago.

Also, I really don't buy the theory that it's all his agent and has nothing to do with Tebow. By choosing/hiring the agent and continuing to work with him, his management/handlers become an extension of the persona and agenda he wishes to project.

Let's see how this shakes out.....

Comment

• Just for the record... Rookie Camp is mandatory for the QB's. Orton was there because he has to be. It's also why McD called Tebow to express his "disapointment" with him not being there.

Woody is drumming up noise imo. He is good at it. I love him and all but he is like that crazy townie you just can't be mean too ya know?

Comment

• When will the other 29 1st rounders sign?

It would be more noteworthy if these two (Dez & Tim) were the first two, last two or first and last, as it is there are ONLY two first round picks that have signed contracts. Tim would be the third-that leaves 29 players not signed out of the first round. Actually I hope they don't announce the terms of the contract-those who wish to can just worry about what he's making forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Portia11 View Post
                          It would be more noteworthy if these two (Dez & Tim) were the first two, last two or first and last, as it is there are ONLY two first round picks that have signed contracts. Tim would be the third-that leaves 29 players not signed out of the first round. Actually I hope they don't announce the terms of the contract-those who wish to can just worry about what he's making forever.
                          Not a bad idea, actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                            They were not 1st round QB's.

I did. Fair compensation should be between 3.75-4.75/yr.
                            Tebow was fortunate to go in the first round. Quarterback or not, he should take less than the 24th pick(Dez Bryant).

McDaniels wanted him because he felt that Tebow would be a stand up guy. IMO, Tebow is starting to make McDaniels look bad. Tebow is also hurting his own brand. And it will make it tougher for him to take the job from Kyle
                            Last edited by the-shuffler; 07-28-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              Sam Bradford may not even start this year. He probably will, but they have a good QB in AJ feeley who can run the team while Bradford learns for a while. I think it will depend on how Spags wants to approach this. He seems like an old school guy to me so I wouldn't be surprised to see AJ run the team for a while.
                              by the end of preseason it will be obvious that AJ is a career back up and Bradford is the starter.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                                by the end of preseason it will be obvious that AJ is a career back up and Bradford is the starter.
                                very very possible.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X