Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Reports out of Training camp today said Tebow was throwing every ball "hard" on a string with extreme accuracy...
    short, medium and long balls.

Scott Hastings on the radio.. from Camp.
    John will be pleased!

Comment

• Yep, Orton is playing to showcase his abilities for the next team he will play for in 2011.

Plus.. he is a great sport, a good guy, and he will play his heart out for us... he wants to win as much as anyone on the squad.
      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Gonna be real here, the faster Tebow takes the starting QB position the better off the team will be. He is a more dangerous player and he is IMO more accurate than Orton at short, intermediate, and long passes. Not to mention his escapability and mobility.

He just needs to learn the playbook and how to read NFL defenses well. If he can do that exceptionally well and can make audibles and such at the LOS then I really think Orton's job will be in jeoprady. Hopefully sometime this season maybe near the bye week he will begin to show signs of this to McD.

Comment

• All of the inconsistencies in his delivery come from him dropping the ball down. Holding the ball up and then not dropping the ball for delivery all but eliminates any other inconsistencies in his delivery.

It will emerge at times though, especially if he has to throw on the run. That would be about the only time it would be necessary to wind up in order to throw.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
            A QB that likes to hit people?

I likey!
            I dont like him saying that he likes taking hits.... He is now going to be playing against grown men and doesnt want to take the hits he did before. If he plays like he did in college his career is going to be short.
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by owninit View Post
              It's 1/2 the delivery time/ throwing length, of leftwich's, and he wasn't hammered coming out of college.....
              This was my argument also. BUT, although Leftwich had a bad throwing motion, he was a pocket QB. He proved that he could throw in double coverage and read a defense. Tebow was a running QB. So now that opens up all kinds of judgement. You've really never seen Tebow throw in double coverage, some may say that he can't read a defense and thats why he runs so much. IMO, Tebow didn't show me anything in college that will make me believe he could be a good NFL QB. But, i'm willing to give him a chance before i make an unfair judgement.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                I dont like him saying that he likes taking hits.... He is now going to be playing against grown men and doesnt want to take the hits he did before. If he plays like he did in college his career is going to be short.
                This makes no sense to me. Running backs take hits in college from other players every down. Than they go to the NFL and takes hits every down. It's not like they all get destroyed just because they're playing better competition.

Tebow was essentially a RB at times at Florida considering how much he scrambled. Don't understand how people say he is going to get "destroyed" in the NFL.

Comment

• First, I do definitely agree that booing at a scrimmage is tacky, imature and shows a blatant ignorance of football.

Second, I also feel that acknowledging the mistake is a plus.

Third, it really it only makes a difference if the mistake isn't repeated.

No one wants apologies. They want improvement. Welcome to real life. A lesson ignored is a sign of stupidity.

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  Almost as bad as all the "fans" who sold their tickets to Steelers fans during that primetime Steelers v. Broncos game.
                  The Steelers Organization bought 20,000 tickets to that game before the season even started.

They do it on purpose to have a presence in the stadiums they go to to try to swing an advantage.

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                  Seeing Invesco full of steelers fans told me all I needed to know.
                  Not really, per usual. You're unaware of or ignoring some important information, such as the Steelers organization buying those tickets from stadiums they're going to for each season and then reselling them to their own fans before the seasons even start in some cases.

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                  No surprise. Steelers fans take over everyones field lol.
                  True - because of the things I mentioned above.

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  Also, I highly doubt those "fans" sold tickets because of Orton. We were 6-1 at the Steelers game. I think we just have a lot of people who aren't really fans anymore.
                  No, we have a bad economy. Some of those season ticket holders (like me) are currently unemployed and have been for over a year, just paid 70k for a masters degree, can't find a job, and have tickets they need to unload.

If Bronco fans want to buy them, they have access to the ticketmaster site the same as everyone else.

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                  Then came the Brandon Marshall trade. I was, and still am pretty upset, but was somewhat relieved when we drafted Demaryius Thomas, the receiver I was highest on in this draft...although Dez Bryant is going to be a freak.
                  Yeah, he'll be a beast. A pine beast. For 4-6 weeks, as of this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by vandammage13 View Post
                    Once again, you are taking it out of context....i said "pretty much automatic" (referring to his college days).....I never said it was easy. If it were, any cheapo back can do it. It takes a special talent, and I believe that Tim has that talent. I gave you a stat and showed you someone who had great success converting in short yardage, but you refuse to acknowledge it because you can't be subjective on the matter.

Of course, if the Broncos ran Tebow up the middle on every single third down, he wouldn't convert 80%, but if they switched it up (like every team does), I think he could convert 80% out of perhaps 50 attempts for the year.
                    What does "pretty much automatic" mean? We were talking about how would do in the NFL, not how he did in college so your pretty much automatic should have been referring to his NFL potential. 16 out of 16 is a high percentage but it is still only averaging once/game. that isn't great success. I also think the word you are thinking of is objective, not subjective, and yes, I think I am. I explain why I believe Tebow won't be as successful as you think by saying swapping QBs has not ever been effective as far as I know, even using Vick as an example from last season. You have not given any evidence at all about how he can be as effective as you think other than saying he was a great runner in college and a FB converted 16 out of 16 times. The thing you fail to account for with this FB who converted 16 times is that the defense is keying on Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown, and Henne/Pennington. If the Broncos put Tebow in for a third down play, who do you think the defense would key on? The two situations are completely different which is why I don't give it much credibility, not the fact that you think I am not evaluating both sides of the issue.

I don't think tebow will be bad at short yardage but I think saying a guy who has never played a down in the NFL yet can convert 80% on third and short is a little unrealistic, especially coming in as a sub only for those plays. There are other things to consider in this equation which you not taking into account. Oline players, especially the centers, get used to how the starting QB plays such as his cadence and how he takes the snap from center. Putting in a new QB throws off the oline a little, not to mention timing of the receivers or RBs. This whole conversation started when I posted this:

Changing QBs from play to play in a game has never worked successfully as far as I know. IMO, Letting one QB, the best QB whoever that might be, play the entire game will give the Broncos the best chance to win. Pulling out the starting QB in short yardage plays and putting in a backup sends the message that the starter can't get it done. That isn't exactly the message you want the team thinking about when they are trying to win games and it could also cause a split in the locker room by creating a QB controversy. I don't think McD lets that happen and undermine his basic philosophy of team first with no drama.

That is a bigger idea and will have a bigger impact on the team than weather or not Tebow can convert 3rd downs or not. So far, you have not addressed that topic other than saying Miami does it, which they don't, so Denver should be able to as well. In those formations, Miami is running a type of single wing offense which is a huge part of their offense. Is that what you are suggesting? The Broncos should switch to a single wing type of offense for third and short?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                      Yeah, he'll be a beast. A pine beast. For 4-6 weeks, as of this afternoon.
                      So confused did something happen today to Dez/Demaryius?

Comment

• Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                        So confused did something happen today to Dez/Demaryius?
                        Dez got injured. Out for 4-6 weeks.
                        Brock you like a hurricane!
                        sigpic
                        Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

• I booed, and no I'm not sorry, and no I'm not ignorant, and no I don't care what you think. I have been a fan of this team for 30 years, when I don't like something I have no problem voicing that fact nor should I. So go ahead and
                          flame away and continue to hope against hope we will one day have to follow your rules on acceptable behavior on and off these boards and that we can one day live in a society devoid of those terrible "thought crimes" 1/2 of you are so upset about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                            Dez got injured. Out for 4-6 weeks.
                            Nice. Karma's a female dog eh Dez?

Forgot the original word as censored.

Comment

• Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                              Gonna be real here, the faster Tebow takes the starting QB position the better off the team will be. He is a more dangerous player and he is IMO more accurate than Orton at short, intermediate, and long passes. Not to mention his escapability and mobility.
                              I so have to disagree with this. Noone wants to see tebow in those cute pants moving every muscle more than me but not this year. The sec is the NCAA powerhouse but pales in comparison to what he's up against in the NFL. It's a whole different game and the risks much greater. If you truly are a fan of tebow you would not want him to start for at least a year. Two at best. Do you not remember the concussion at Kentucky? That wasn't even a hard hit. If he is going to be the superstar we fans think he can be he's got to have the leg work. I can cry thinking about him starting too early and ending a promising career. And there is no way the broncos can improve with him right now. Orton is getting better and will be the best Qb option his year.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Eat Staples View Post
                                Orton is the starter until otherwise stated. Simple as that. We can speculate and watch it play out, nothing more. I personally believe Brady Quinn is the most talented QB on our roster, but it may be too late for him to ever have a chance. Orton isn't great, but he's the best we have as of today and I hope he can get the job done.
                                Orton is the man and has my support, pure and simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X