Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
    Have patience. If orton can do it now why all the pressure to see tebow so soon?
    The problem is that Orton went 2-8 over his last 10 games. We know he CAN'T do it. If Orton could get the job done, we never would have drafted Tebow. We would have used that draft value on a DE or NT, or taken OL sooner or SOMETHING else. We spend a substantial amount of a valuable resource on Tebow precisely because Orton can't get the job done.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevelkinevil View Post
      Thought I was the only one who thought this. But unfortunately I think he will not get a fair shot, prior to TT boy being drafted I thought this was going to be a great situation for Quinn, now Im afraid it may be the death nail for his career which is a shame because he went into a lousy situation at Cleveland and now this.
      Exactly SK (you and I always seem to think alike). When the Cutler trade became imminent, there was talk of trading him for Quinn, and while I didn't like the thought of getting rid of Cutler, I figured if they're going to do it, might as well get somebody good in return. So I was excited to maybe get BQ, but it didn't happen, obviously, and we got Orton instead. I was, to say the least, rather disappointed. But lo and behold, we trade for BQ this year - :thumb: - maybe things are looking up! Then we draft TT - Maybe TT works out, maybe not, idk, but BQ's chances are looking slim. I hope not. He at least deserves a shot.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big D View Post
        Do you think he's putting in more or less hard work than he put in while going 2-8 over the last 10 games? I just want to get correctly calibrated as far as the kind of results we can expect based on Orton's hard work
        ROTFLMAO!

What I find really amusing is how when Cutler had a defense that couldn't stop the run, it wasn't his fault that the Broncos lost games. When Orton has a defense that can't stop the run, the entire record is his fault.
        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
          I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the optimism some people have for Quinn. The guy sucked big time as a Brown, but now that he's a Bronco he's going to be awesome? It just doesn't make any sense to me...
          The Browns were a shambles, from the FO on down while Quinn was there. He never really had a chance. Remember that a talented QB on a terrible team will not have success, i.e. Steve Young in Tampa.

What I have seen of Quinn, he has the ability, he just needs a fair shot.
          sigpic

Comment

The problem is that Orton went 2-8 over his last 10 games. We know he CAN'T do it. If Orton could get the job done, we never would have drafted Tebow. We would have used that draft value on a DE or NT, or taken OL sooner or SOMETHING else. We spend a substantial amount of a valuable resource on Tebow precisely because Orton can't get the job done.
            Yes. Maybe Tebow would be better and catching his own passes, blocking for
            himself, and tackling ball carriers.

You know, just as a suggestion, you might take a course in Football 101. You
            might be amazed at how many different players are involved in a game . . .

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
              ROTFLMAO!

What I find really amusing is how when Cutler had a defense that couldn't stop the run, it wasn't his fault that the Broncos lost games. When Orton has a defense that can't stop the run, the entire record is his fault.
              I'm just as eager to hold Cutler responsible for his horrible play as I am to hold Orton responsible for his mediocre play. Cutler was a terrible QB.

Comment

I so have to disagree with this. Noone wants to see tebow in those cute pants moving every muscle more than me but not this year. The sec is the NCAA powerhouse but pales in comparison to what he's up against in the NFL. It's a whole different game and the risks much greater. If you truly are a fan of tebow you would not want him to start for at least a year. Two at best. Do you not remember the concussion at Kentucky? That wasn't even a hard hit. If he is going to be the superstar we fans think he can be he's got to have the leg work. I can cry thinking about him starting too early and ending a promising career. And there is no way the broncos can improve with him right now. Orton is getting better and will be the best Qb option his year.
                Good to see a Tebow fan using intelligence and realism in regard to him.

Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
                I'm curious to know how all those who thought DES not being a bronco are feeling now...
                I don't feel any different, you don't say "wow I'm glad we didn't draft him" just because he got injured. You can't speculate those things. Injuries happen, unfortunate as they are.

Comment

We know he COULDNT do it last year. Noone knows what this year holds. And using the arguement that orton sucks because tebow got drafted is, well, just plain silly.

And it seems as if you think tebow should start to justify the 'waste of valuable resources' more than you think he will succeed. Tebow is an investment. Which implies FUTURE returns. Not immediate

Comment

We know he COULDNT do it last year. Noone knows what this year holds. And using the arguement that orton sucks because tebow got drafted is, well, just plain silly.

And it seems as if you think tebow should start to justify the 'waste of valuable resources' more than you think he will succeed. Tebow is an investment. Which implies FUTURE returns. Not immediate
                    You're a new fan, but this is a good post.

Tebow is a great investment, and I believe the return will be their. However, nobody knows Orton's future. Drew Brees stepped up big time when Rivers pushed him. Though he got shipped out, Brees was the guy that won the Super Bowl first.

Orton isn't Brees, but the future is just that unpredictable. You never know what's going to happen any given Sunday. It's a bad idea to underestimate players and teams. Over-preparing for the Raiders and Chiefs would have done us good for the last four years, now wouldn't it?
                    Brock you like a hurricane!
                    sigpic
                    Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                      ROTFLMAO!

I blame the defense for both. Although Cutler did put up more points.

Comment

In reality, Orton went 2-6 over the last 10 games.

He gets 'credit' for the loss against Washington even though they were winning until he got knocked out of the game.

Against San Diego he doesn't even get the 'credit' for that game because Simms started and he completely changed the structure of the game by his horrible play before Orton even got a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                          Reports out of Training camp today said Tebow was throwing every ball "hard" on a string with extreme accuracy...
                          short, medium and long balls.

Scott Hastings on the radio.. from Camp.
                          Is there any links for this? Also did any football people like Alfred Williams comment? I'm just not in denver and don't know all the media personalities

Also I saw some of his throws on the denver post video.

http://videocenter.denverpost.com/se...d=326273914001

It appears it's still low but better than in college. It still reminds me of Byron Leftwhich and Jay but he doesn't have a cannon like those guys. I believe if he can improve Tim will because of what I have heard about his work ethic.

Comment

• I'd like to have a beer with McD.....

Comment

• I'd love to sit down and have a glass of milk with Tebow.

Comment

• I don't feel any different, you don't say "wow I'm glad we didn't draft him" just because he got injured. You can't speculate those things. Injuries happen, unfortunate as they are.
                                there is that part of me that wonders if his 'i am above carrying your pads' thing didn't make the vetereans that much harder on him. I don't know the specifics of what/how the injury is but an interesting coincidence. If true than it only supports my prima Dona argument

Comment

Working...
                                X