Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The Big D View Post
    This is horrible logic - experience doesn't equal skill, especially when that experience is marked by a repeated lack of success as it is with Orton.
    But Tebow has no experience at it at the college level, and you expect him to come in and be better than someone who has experience at reading coverages on the NFL level? Do you not see how horrible your logic is? How many rookie QBs do good in their first season? And don't say Mark Sanchez or Matt Ryan just because they made the playoffs. Their teams made the playoffs in spite of them, not because of them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      But Tebow has no experience at it at the college level, and you expect him to come in and be better than someone who has experience at reading coverages on the NFL level? Do you not see how horrible your logic is? How many rookie QBs do good in their first season? And don't say Mark Sanchez or Matt Ryan just because they made the playoffs. Their teams made the playoffs in spite of them, not because of them.
      If they want to cite Sanchez and Ryan, Orton made the playoffs as a rookie. He
      didn't play in them, but he got them there.

      (Yes, the Bears probably made it in spite of Orton, but that's the point. The
      Broncos are not good enough to make it in spite of a rookie QB.)

      -----
      Last edited by topscribe; 07-31-2010, 09:54 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
        Now you have Reid on the radio saying Gaffney who was in NE when Cassell took over telling Reid that Orton is further along than cassell was when he took over after 3 years of learning it . Ortons been in it 16 months .........
        This is nonsensical - Orton is failing horribly to score in this offense, which I noticed is the one stat you DIDN'T post despite being in the end almost the only thing that mattered. So let's look at that. In 2006 (Brady's worst year in this O) the Pats average 24.1 points of offense per game, 7th in the league.

        With Cassel in 2008, they averaged 25.6, good for 8th in the league. In 2009, Orton managed 20.5, good for 20th in the league. Stands out like a sore thumb, doesn't it?

        Orton is in fact the worst this offense has ever been run. Remember, this is the best offensive scheme the NFL has ever seen - the offense that put up something like 37 points per game in 2007. The problem is simply that Orton can't get the job done.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          But Tebow has no experience at it at the college level.
          Tebow has plenty of experience at the college level. Again you're making stuff up to support a weak QB.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Big D View Post
            Tebow has plenty of experience at the college level. Again you're making stuff up to support a weak QB.
            Tebow did not read coverages at the college level, it was done by the coaches on the sideline as it is in most spread offenses.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
              Reports out of Training camp today said Tebow was throwing every ball "hard" on a string with extreme accuracy...
              short, medium and long balls.

              Scott Hastings on the radio.. from Camp.
              While this is always good news coming from camp but I am a tad confused. From Friday's practice report, it didn't seem like he had that many reps.

              I can't find anything either but appreciate the update Painterdave. :thumb:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                This is nonsensical - Orton is failing horribly to score in this offense, which I noticed is the one stat you DIDN'T post despite being in the end almost the only thing that mattered. So let's look at that. In 2006 (Brady's worst year in this O) the Pats average 24.1 points of offense per game, 7th in the league.

                With Cassel in 2008, they averaged 25.6, good for 8th in the league. In 2009, Orton managed 20.5, good for 20th in the league. Stands out like a sore thumb, doesn't it?

                Orton is in fact the worst this offense has ever been run. Remember, this is the best offensive scheme the NFL has ever seen - the offense that put up something like 37 points per game in 2007. The problem is simply that Orton can't get the job done.
                No, K got the stats right. If you want to single out the QB, then it is only fair
                to single out the other one, too. The fact is, Orton ended up with better stats
                than Cassel, and Orton did not have Moss and Welker. There is one thing that
                Orton had that Cassel did not: a high ankle sprain. So the injured Orton
                outplayed the healthy Cassel.

                Nonetheless, you keep singling out Orton. It's Orton this, and Orton that. You
                know, I've been thinking: Have you considered going to a tennis discussion
                board. Or golf? Or chess, maybe? Because you haven't seemed to learn that
                football is a team sport. The QB is only one of 11 guys on the field. It's
                amazing how everyone is seeming to allow you to get away with that.

                -----

                Comment


                • http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...-draft-day/rss

                  It's about throwing the football and reading the field, making split-second decisions and getting through the progressions. All the great passers can read the field.

                  There are doubts about whether Tebow can. Asked how many times he saw Tebow make progressions in the games he watched, one AFC personnel man remained quiet. How many times?

                  "Not many," the coach said.

                  I watched two of his games at Florida on tape and didn't see much of it myself. He usually looked at one read and if that read was covered, he was gone, off to slam heads with whoever would take him on.

                  Defining his style is tough. I came up with a name of my own.

                  One and Run. The Florida offense didn't call for much reading of the coverage. It wasn't a prototypical NFL system -- Tebow rarely took snaps under center. He didn't have to stand in the pocket and make reads, but when he was asked to do so there was little patience in the pocket.

                  It was a spread offense that coach Urban Meyer brought with him from Utah. It worked just the way Meyer wanted, bringing two titles and earning him acclaim as a great coach, but a lot of that was because his teams had superior athletes.
                  Now tell me where you see someone saying he can read coverages

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Tebow did not read coverages at the college level, it was done by the coaches on the sideline as it is in most spread offenses.
                    This is nonsensical. By definition any offense with a QB option, and Florida was the most notably effective example in the NCAA over the last 3 years, requires a read. Tebow read the defense every single play.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...-draft-day/rss



                      Now tell me where you see someone saying he can read coverages
                      Typical scouting bull****, which is proven to have exactly zero value.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                        This is nonsensical. By definition any offense with a QB option, and Florida was the most notably effective example in the NCAA over the last 3 years, requires a read. Tebow read the defense every single play.
                        Reading the DE on an option play is completely different than reading the coverage of the entire defense.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                          The fact is, Orton ended up with better stats
                          than Cassel,
                          No he didn't. Not only did he have a lower QB rating, Orton FAILED TO SCORE POINTS. If you look in the rulebook, you'll find that it's hard to win if you don't score. And scoring is where Orton sucks.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                            Typical scouting bull****, which is proven to have exactly zero value.
                            So you think your commentary is superior to that?

                            -----

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              Reading the DE on an option play is completely different than reading the coverage of the entire defense.
                              If you actually look at the Florida play book, you'll find there are NUMEROUS reads of all parts of the defense. Your posts make me think you know nada about football, or at least about how the Florida O worked.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                                Typical scouting bull****, which is proven to have exactly zero value.
                                So it's bull to say that the offense doesn't require the QB to read coverages? That has been Alex Smith's biggest problem in the NFL and he came from the same system. I don't even think Chris Leak is in the league anymore. Every analyst says that the QB doesn't read coverages in this offense, most fans seem to know it as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X