• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
    In 2006(Brady) The Pats had 20 rushing tds

In 2008(Cassell) The Pats had 21 rushing tds

In 2009(Orton) The Broncos had 9 rushing tds
    This is a bogus argument. Rushing TDs are a function of getting to the goal line in the first place and then spreading the D with the threat of the pass, which is what Orton repeatedly failed to do.

The fact is simply that Orton neutered this offense. What should be one of the highest scoring Os in the NFL with a good QB turned into the 20th highest scoring because Orton isn't up to the task.

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
      You just ignore what you can't answer, don't you?

-----
      Uh, what? It's not my fault that you can't figure out that I wasn't responding to your post.

And none of those QBs have stats that can hold a candle to Tebow. They're all pretty weak by comparison in fact. And several faced weak opposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
        And you just ignored everything else I said.

And you, once again, neglected to mention the team.

I'm not letting you get away with that. I'm calling you on that every time.

-----
        Originally posted by topscribe View Post
        If you want to represent you posts as facts, then you provide some legitimate
        documentation and represent it honestly. To date, you have not done that.

And Brady does not have an especially strong arm. Manning and Orton both have
        stronger arms, and Plummer's was just as strong.

And the whole league had a high opinion of Russell back then. If you disagreed,
        then let's see a time-stamped post of yours saying so. If you can't, then you
        have no basis to say anything about it.
        QBs who had good stats in college:

Steve Spurrier (Heisman Trophy winner)
        JaMarcus Russell
        Alex Smith
        Tim Couch
        Ryan Leaf
        Tommy Maddox

(Among others)

How did that work out?

-----
        You just ignore what you can't answer, don't you?

-----

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big D View Post
          No he didn't - Russel had mediocre stats against weak opposition. You obviously haven't looked into this very deeply.
          The SEC is weak now? lol ok buddy, Russell threw a 67.8% in his junior year and had 28 TDs and 8 INTs. Tebow had the exact same completion percentage his senior year as Russell did and threw 21 TDs and 5 INTs. But I'm sure you have some answer for this, so how about you explain how Alex Smith has sucked in the NFL? He did come from the exact same offense that Tebow is coming from and Smith's biggest problem has been reading coverages

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            The SEC is weak now? lol ok buddy, Russell threw a 67.8% in his junior year and had 28 TDs and 8 INTs. Tebow had the exact same completion percentage his senior year as Russell did and threw 21 TDs and 5 INTs. But I'm sure you have some answer for this, so how about you explain how Alex Smith has sucked in the NFL? He did come from the exact same offense that Tebow is coming from and Smith's biggest problem has been reading coverages
            You didn't pay any attention to what I said. Have fun arguing with your straw man.

Comment

This is a bogus argument. Rushing TDs are a function of getting to the goal line in the first place and then spreading the D with the threat of the pass, which is what Orton repeatedly failed to do.

The fact is simply that Orton neutered this offense. What should be one of the highest scoring Os in the NFL with a good QB turned into the 20th highest scoring because Orton isn't up to the task.
              How can you call his argument bogus when you obviously don't even understand it? You brought up PPG despite Orton having a similar amount of TDs as the other 2. He brough up rushing TDs and how we lacked them as an answer to why our PPG were lower than their's.

Comment

You didn't pay any attention to what I said. Have fun arguing with your straw man.
                You didn't say anything, you called the SEC weak and said I haven't looked into this deeply. There isn't much there but you can't find a rebuttal for it so you say this. It was to be expected

Comment

So you can only score a rushing td from the goaline ?

We failed to spread the defense playing a spread offense ?

What are you talking about ?

Again you ignored the fact that they have 10 more rushing tds which is boosted the point difference which destroys your ppg argument

You keep talking about facts but seemingly choose to ignore every single one that refutes your claims .
                  "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• -----

Comment

• Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
                      So you can only score a rushing td from the goaline ?
                      That's the way it usually happens. Do you watch football?
                      We failed to spread the defense playing a spread offense ?
                      Yes. Specifically, Orton lacks the ability to target X effectively.

Comment

That's the way it usually happens. Do you watch football?

Yes. Specifically, Orton lacks the ability to target X effectively.
                        You still ignored what he said about our lack of rushing TDs hurting our PPG

Comment

• Who was the X WR last year? Wasn't it Royal? Royal was a decoy last year so of course he wasn't going to get many passes, same with Stallworth, and whoever Cassell had when he took over.

Comment

Who was the X WR last year? Wasn't it Royal? Royal was a decoy last year so of course he wasn't going to get many passes, same with Stallworth, and whoever Cassell had when he took over.
                            Royal was X, and he wasn't a decoy. That's Ortonite propaganda. It's just that Orton can't throw to most of the typical X routes because he's not a very good QB. So Royal LOOKED like a decoy, or to put it more accurately Orton was a decoy QB.

Put a real QB in, and X isn't just a decoy, it's your best deep weapon.

Comment

You still ignored what he said about our lack of rushing TDs hurting our PPG
                              No I didn't. I already said Orton's limp wristed offense was the reason we had a lack of rushing TDs. If you don't get to the goal line it's unlikely you'll score a rushing TD.

And of course if what you want is rushing TDs, that's yet another argument to put Tebow in - he's the master.
                              Last edited by The Big D; 07-31-2010, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Royal was X, and he wasn't a decoy. It's just that Orton can't throw to most of the typical X routes because he's not a very good QB. So Royal LOOKED like a decoy, or to put it more accurately Orton was a decoy QB.

Put a real QB in, and X isn't just a decoy, it's your best deep weapon.
                                Ok so then you're saying Brady isn't a very good QB because he didn't throw the ball to Stallworth enough? Plus Royal isn't even a good deep threat nor is Orton an accurate deep passer. Plus Orton didn't have much chemistry with Royal and has even said so. It isn't much use throwing it to a WR you don't trust especially when he's 40 yards downfield, is 5'10", and can't burn someone deep so he doesn't get open deep. And who would you rather throw it to? Marshall 7 yards downfield or Royal 30?

Comment

Working...
                                X