Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Steve McNair might be close. I would give the edge in passing to McNair and edge in rushing to Tebow.

McNair college stats..passing ..14496 yards/119 TDs...rushing...2237 yards/33TDs

Tebow college stats...passing..9285 yards/88 TDs..rushing...2947 yards/57 TDs

McNair total yards....16733/152 TDs
    Tebow totals............12232/145 TDs
    McNair is a pretty good one from a statistical analysis. Keep in mind the difference in competition at Alcorn State versus Florida, but kudos to you for tossing a name in the ring regarding the argument. . . and thanks for bringing up McNair, man I miss that guy. Such a tragedy.

Comment

Steve McNair might be close. I would give the edge in passing to McNair and edge in rushing to Tebow.

McNair college stats..passing ..14496 yards/119 TDs...rushing...2237 yards/33TDs

Tebow college stats...passing..9285 yards/88 TDs..rushing...2947 yards/57 TDs

McNair total yards....16733/152 TDs
      Tebow totals............12232/145 TDs
      Now there you go. That's more like it. In fact, that might be the best one yet, even better than Young. That said, I don't think their stats are directly comparable seeing as McNair played in Div I-AA. McNair was also a four year starter.

In other words, yes Tebow is a better runner. Not so sure about McNair being a better passer.
      Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dream View Post
        McNair is a pretty good one from a statistical analysis. Keep in mind the difference in competition at Alcorn State versus Florida, but kudos to you for tossing a name in the ring regarding the argument. . . and thanks for bringing up McNair, man I miss that guy. Such a tragedy.
        Understood. McNair had a very good pro career as well. If Tebow can develop into at least the passer that McNair was, combined with his running ability, he will be a very serious weapon in the NFL.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
          Now there you go. That's more like it. In fact, that might be the best one yet, even better than Young. That said, I don't think their stats are directly comparable seeing as McNair played in Div I-AA. McNair was also a four year starter.

In other words, yes Tebow is a better runner. Not so sure about McNair being a better passer.
          He didn't get the nickname "Air" Mcnair for no reason. 31,000 (30th all time) and 174 TDs for his career is pretty darn good.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            For the record, Topscribe is right.

Before the season even started last year, during these conversations people said things like, "They'll just stack the box on us to stop the run because Orton can't throw deep."

My response was, "You're mistaken, and if they try it, they'll pay for it. Orton can throw deep and I think every NFL defense knows it despite what ignorant fans here might say."

The games started, and all season long they most certainly did make sure they had deep coverage. Part of this was because we didn't have an ultra-fast receiver on the team that could push them deep, so they could safely play over the top. Part of this was because unlike fans like Big D, those that actually objectively watch and understand the NFL know Orton can throw deep.

They simply didn't give that chance, and without a run game that could push them, they didn't have to crowd the box.

They simply hung deep coverage on the field almost the entire season.

No, they weren't stuffing the run because we couldn't throw deep.

We couldn't throw deep because they didn't need extra people to stuff our run.
            "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Alastor again."

GREAT analysis, and absolutely true. Not only did I witness that, but I heard
            it and read it from football experts, not from fans here.

-----

Comment

He didn't get the nickname "Air" Mcnair for no reason. 31,000 (30th all time) and 174 TDs for his career is pretty darn good.
              I was just saying I'm not sure about him being a better passer, not that McNair wasn't a great passer in college. Just keep in mind that Tebow is the highest rated passer in SEC history, so as a college passer he was quite exceptional as well.
              Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                I looked at a couple of those videos and never once saw a safety assigned to X. Showing a safety tackling Y or Z isn't of interest. Apparently you again failed to read and understand. Lame.
                You looked at a couple of those?

This tells me a couple things: (1) You have never studied and learned about
                Orton and (2) you are not interested in learning about Orton.

So why are you trying to tell us about Orton, those who indeed know about
                him?

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  Royal isn't big enough or fast enough to be a deep threat. Orton was perfectly fine throwing the ball deep to Marshall. McD already said Royal was out of position playing a role he didn't fit, so basically he was saying it was his fault and not Orton's fault.
                  Marshall lines up at Z. Orton can throw to him because most Z routes are easy throws. And Royal was open all season long. Orton just couldn't get the ball there.

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                    You looked at a couple of those?

This tells me a couple things: (1) You have never studied and learned about
                    Orton and (2) you are not interested in learning about Orton.

So why are you trying to tell us about Orton, those who indeed know about
                    him?

-----
                    OK, you're getting LAMER and LAMER on this point. Seriously, link to ONE video of a safety tackling or otherwise down field of X after the bye week. Not Y. Not Z. X. Because the whole point is that Orton is incapable of throwing to X deep, thus freeing up one man - the safety that would be over the top on X. So showing the Y/Z tackled by a safety is irrelevant.

Just post that ONE link and we can talk.

Comment

• I understand the arguments you guys are having. Gruden brought up the case when he did his interviews with four the QBs entering the draft. Here is a clip of Gruden with Tim (I am sure some have seen this before). http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=508...goryid=2459789

Anyhow, Tim made it clear to Gruden he wanted to become a pure pocket passer. The argument that others may be seeing as well was when Gruden talks to Tim about being like a Mike Alstott. Alstott was a beast for the Bucs so that was a big statement for Gruden to make when comparing to Tim. But still, Gruden makes the comparison so you would have to think that one previous HC in the NFL sees Tim as a big, bruising runner.

Kiper tried to present the same argument to Tim as well saying "...but your so good at it".

Comment

OK, you're getting LAMER and LAMER on this point. Seriously, link to ONE video of a safety tackling or otherwise down field of X after the bye week. Not Y. Not Z. X. Because the whole point is that Orton is incapable of throwing to X deep, thus freeing up one man - the safety that would be over the top on X. So showing the Y/Z tackled by a safety is irrelevant.

Show us some links of Royal being open down-field.

I'm actually being serious here. Royal had significant issues getting off the bumps at the line last year.

Show me times he got down-field, was open, Orton wasn't under duress (d-linemen in his face), and just flat out didn't throw to him for no good reason.

Show us these throws that Orton chose not to make because he couldn't make them.

Comment

He posted 30. Why don't you watch them instead of avoiding blatant evidence and solid arguments?

Once you watch them, post 30 to back you up. Otherwise, you just got smoked. Your logic has been pummeled.
                          Brock you like a hurricane!
                          sigpic
                          Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                            Show us some links of Royal being open down-field.
                            I would need footage from inactive cameras to do that, which I have some of but don't have the rights to post online. For the regular telecast they don't show non-targeted receivers much if at all. Watching the telecast, you'd hardly notice Royal was on the field.

Comment

I would need footage from inactive cameras to do that, which I have some of but don't have the rights to post online. For the regular telecast they don't show non-targeted receivers much if at all. Watching the telecast, you'd hardly notice Royal was on the field.
                              Many, many fans have records of those games through any obtainable means. I mean, a season DVD of that stuff that they literally watch over an over again in the preseason to make a point given the chance.

You're clearly not one of them. Regardless, are you telling me you can't just pull up a highlight or video from NFL.com that proves one of your points? Or are you just blowing steam here?
                              Brock you like a hurricane!
                              sigpic
                              Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Marshall lines up at Z. Orton can throw to him because most Z routes are easy throws. And Royal was open all season long. Orton just couldn't get the ball there.
                                Royal isn't a good deep threat to begin with. Marshall was a better deep threat than Royal and he proved it when he was asked to go deep. Royal doesn't have the frame nor the ability to go up and get the ball. The only way Royal could be open would be to clearly have a step or two on the defender. Even then Orton would have had to have had time and enough room to step up and throw it deep to him. Plus Marshall was open more often than not as well. The whole offense is predicated on completing short routes and that's what Marshall ran. The X has always been a decoy in this offense. It can be a dangerous decoy, but a decoy none the less.

To further back my point up, when Lloyd was put in Royal's spot in week 17 he did a very good job. The reason he did a good job is because he's taller than Royal, is a better jump ball receiver than Royal, and makes circus catches look easy. The problem was never Orton there, it was always who we had in that position. Didn't look like Orton had trouble hitting Marshall deep in the Washington game or 20 yards down the field in the NYG game.

Comment

Working...
                                X