Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Orton will be traded tomorrow...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The only way that we let Orton go is if there is a 2nd rounder involved and i dont really see us getting that much for him there are still good qbs available, McCoy, Clausen, LeFevor, Snead. But we just signed the tender on Kyle and we did the same with BMarsh before shipping him out...basically all im gonna do is hold my breath because there is no knowing what is going on in McDs mind...today should be fun!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BoWdY View Post
      The only way that we let Orton go is if there is a 2nd rounder involved and i dont really see us getting that much for him there are still good qbs available, McCoy, Clausen, LeFevor, Snead. But we just signed the tender on Kyle and we did the same with BMarsh before shipping him out...basically all im gonna do is hold my breath because there is no knowing what is going on in McDs mind...today should be fun!
      Especially since he has all day today to think about it. lol
      Rebuilding sucks.

      Comment


      • I don't think it is likely Orton will be traded - but I really don't put anything passed McD.

        However, it sure seems as though McD has made a recipe for a QB controversy.

        1. Traded a lot to move up and pick a nationally renowned golden boy.

        2. Traded in the offseason to bring in a former 1st rounder.

        3. Has a so-so starter who isn't embraced by the community.

        4. Has a short contract; i.e not very much time to build a winner.

        I'm not making any guarantees, it just seems like a formula for some controversy.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          Ironically, something we both agree on.
          This is false. I'm a member of the Orton Army and in another thread I even wished him success. The 2 questions in my mind was why McD took him that high. He would've probably been there in 2nd round. Maybe there was a sense of urgency and he thought a team like the Bills would take him. I don't know or do I claim to know the circumstances by which he made that decision. The second, I don't think he plans on starting Tebow this year or maybe even next year. That said, he could've continued stockpiling draft picks (not just this year but for next year) while still addressing our needs. He might have enough to make a move for Jake Locker in next year's draft if he's looking for his QB of the future. Again, I am not down on Tebow and hopes he succeeds, I just don't understand the sense of urgency on which he was picked.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Look on the bright side, if Tebow does start this year and we trade our safety net in Orton, we'll be sitting pretty, waiting to take Jake Locker next year!
            sigpic
            1st: R. McClain-ILB
            2nd: V. Ducasse-G
            2nd: T. Cody-NT
            3rd: C. Mitchell-WR
            4th: D. LeFevour-QB
            5th: J.D. Walton-C/G
            6th: F. Barnes-WR

            Undrafted FA
            Alphonso Smith-RB/KR (Kentucky)
            Trindon Holliday-KR/PR (LSU)
            Micah Johnson-ILB (Kentucky)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Broncos#4fan View Post
              ...or they could just draft Clausen.
              EXACTLY

              Comment


              • This ain't no regular orange kool-aid is it? This is tang. Yup definitely Tang.
                sigpic
                1st: R. McClain-ILB
                2nd: V. Ducasse-G
                2nd: T. Cody-NT
                3rd: C. Mitchell-WR
                4th: D. LeFevour-QB
                5th: J.D. Walton-C/G
                6th: F. Barnes-WR

                Undrafted FA
                Alphonso Smith-RB/KR (Kentucky)
                Trindon Holliday-KR/PR (LSU)
                Micah Johnson-ILB (Kentucky)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                  It is the NFL and there are no guaranteed contracts just guaranteed money. If Kyle Orton isn't traded he may just be released outright. You don't draft a QB like Tebow proven to win without wanting to start him as soon as possible.
                  Tell that to Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, etc.


                  Comment


                  • ^
                    rodgers

                    Comment


                    • I think he's gone today, packaged with one of our thirds we move back up into the second round. Don't be surprised if we move up to take Arrelious Benn if he's available after the 10th pick. If that was so, I would fall in love with this years draft for the Broncos. Knowshon last year, Tebow and Thomas this year. Add Benn to that and Josh McD would have the young offense he wants, with tons of potential. Just a suggestion of what might happen today.

                      Benn
                      Asamoah / Jerry in the 2nd, and
                      Spikes in the 3rd?

                      With the way yesterday went, I wouldn't throw it out the window.

                      By the way, the whole Tebow thing........ After I slept on it and the buzz was gone from the beer. I'm on board, Tim Tebow all the way:salute!:
                      Co-founders of the

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mopatt24 View Post
                        the buzz was gone from the beer
                        wonder if tebow will be able to switch out the beer from mile high to jesus juice.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                          Tell that to Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, etc.
                          In fairness, Philip Rivers played behind Drew Brees.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                            You always hear about how every single qb should sit on the bench a few years before being thrown into the starting position. Most coaches and analysts agree with this. But is it reality? How many starters sat on the bench as a rookie? I know there are some like rodgers and rivers but it seems like most of them started as rookies. Manning, Roethlisberger, stafford (just an example of a rookie starting not saying he did good.), matt ryan, palmer,Flacco, etc etc. Most of the elite qbs started as a rookie.

                            Rodgers, Romo, Rivers...what other good qbs sat on the bench that are playing today?
                            Statistics show that it's better for a QB to sit a few years (even up to 3) before starting. There are of course notable exceptions (Manning, Roethlisberger) but for every one of those there are a ton of David Carr's. Generally you want a young QB to sit for at least one season.

                            I don't see the Broncos trading Orton, by far he gives us the best chance to win in 2010. I wouldn't mind seeing him here for the next two years, although the reality is that someone will probably want to sign him after this year, in which case I would be ok with Quinn starting in 2011 if Tebow is not quite where he needs to be.
                            sigpicthanks Freyaka

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                              Statistics show that it's better for a QB to sit a few years (even up to 3) before starting. There are of course notable exceptions (Manning, Roethlisberger) but for every one of those there are a ton of David Carr's. Generally you want a young QB to sit for at least one season.

                              I don't see the Broncos trading Orton, by far he gives us the best chance to win in 2010. I wouldn't mind seeing him here for the next two years, although the reality is that someone will probably want to sign him after this year, in which case I would be ok with Quinn starting in 2011 if Tebow is not quite where he needs to be.
                              Don't forget all of the INTs and the losing record that Manning put up in his first year. After year one, Manning was being labeled as a bust and that the Colts should have taken Ryan Leaf. Look how that turned out. LOL
                              sigpic
                              1st: R. McClain-ILB
                              2nd: V. Ducasse-G
                              2nd: T. Cody-NT
                              3rd: C. Mitchell-WR
                              4th: D. LeFevour-QB
                              5th: J.D. Walton-C/G
                              6th: F. Barnes-WR

                              Undrafted FA
                              Alphonso Smith-RB/KR (Kentucky)
                              Trindon Holliday-KR/PR (LSU)
                              Micah Johnson-ILB (Kentucky)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jonnymafioso View Post
                                wonder if tebow will be able to switch out the beer from mile high to jesus juice.

                                the same way michael ivin, put snow cones in Dallas.....


                                I don't get why people are hating him becuase he's religous, is it really that threatening to you for someone to go to thier own house at night, and be a nerd, or do they just have to be party, and curse to be "cool"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X