Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
    Really? How?

His career passer rating at Atlanta was 75.9. He had a 53.8% completion rate and averaged 6.7 yds per attempt. His win-loss record was 38- 28-1 (.567). I'm told that's "mediocre." How is being AVERAGE "revolutionizing" the QB position?

And here's your typical unsubstantiated dismissal of anything you disagree with. Care to tell me WHY? Or are you just talking garbage?
    Maybe not "revolutionized" but he was definately improving and doing well. He threw 2,500 yards and rushed for over 1,000 in 2006 and he averaged almost 9 yards per carry.

Why? Why I think its funny you even mentioned Peyton Manning and Kyle Orton in the same sentence?

Peyton Manning is arguably one of the greatest if not the greatest QB(Maybe by the end of his career this argument can be made more) to ever play. Kyle Orton may not even keep his starting job throughout the season this year.

It's an insult to Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
      Also interesting to me is the claim comes from someone who's nick on the forums is an homage to two players, and not the team.
      Also interesting you as well have a nick that pays homage to two players, not the team.(John Elway, Eddie Royal)

As do I.(Peyton Hillis, Champ Bailey)

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
        Also interesting to me is the claim comes from someone who's nick on the forums is an homage to two players, and not the team.
        Yes the 615 in my name was because of Cutler and Marshall, but that doesn't define who I am as a poster. If you go back and look at my posts you will realize that I have always been 100% behind McDaniels and the Broncos (I was upset after Cutler was traded, but I quickly got over it when the details of his childish antics came out). Same with Marshall, I love Brandon still, but I recognized that it was time for a much needed change.

I support the Broncos no matter what, no player or coach is above the team.
        Last edited by Den615; 07-25-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

And here's your typical unsubstantiated dismissal of anything you disagree with. Care to tell me WHY? Or are you just talking garbage?
          Why would he? Your basis for comparison to Manning isn't even worth debating. "Because I eventually think he can have the success Manning can." Really, that is why he is comparable? Hard to debate what you stated when you don't even provide apt grounds for comparison. Why not take a look at their respective careers? Perhaps qualities as a quarterback? How would he be able to go against a statement you have provided no support for in the first place?

Peyton Manning has thrown more touchdowns in 17 games than Orton has in his career. (If you're counting, it is 48 games)

Peyton Manning has more yardage (almost) in two seasons than Orton has in his career.

Peyton Manning has never missed an NFL start.

Peyton Manning has the most 4,000 yard passing yard seasons for any quarterback to have ever bled on the gridiron, and the most consecutive 4,000 yard passing seasons. To my knowledge, he has missed this mark only once in his career.

He is a 4 time NFL MVP.

He is a 10 time Pro-Bowler.

He is an 8 time All-Pro.

Fastest player to 10,000 yards passing.

Fastest player to 30,000 yards passing.

Fastest player to 1,000 completions.

Peyton Manning is going to go down as one of the greatest, if not the greatest quarterback to ever play the game. You can find more records and accomplishments of him here.

Fact is, Kyle Orton doesn't have a chance, never has and never will -- to do anything Manning has ever done. When it is all said in done, Orton would be lucky to accomplish half of what he has.

Comparing a guy who has proven nothing to an NFL Legend just doesn't make sense.

:paper:

Comment

• You know how ...

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
            Yes the 615 in my name was because of Cutler and Marshall, but that doesn't define who I am as a poster. If you go back and look at my posts you will realize that I have always been 100% behind McDaniels and the Broncos (I was upset after Cutler was traded, but I quickly got over it when the details of his childish antics came out). Same with Marshall, I love Brandon still, but I recognized that it was time for a much needed change.

I support the Broncos no matter what, no player or coach is above the team.
            ... to say six in Latin? Sex

And fifteen? Quindecim (pronounced queen deck 'em)

Just thought you'd like to know that you are Densexqueendeck'em in Latin.

I'm jus' sayin', Bro.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Dream View Post
              Why would he? Your basis for comparison to Manning isn't even worth debating. "Because I eventually think he can have the success Manning can." Really, that is why he is comparable? Hard to debate what you stated when you don't even provide apt grounds for comparison. Why not take a look at their respective careers? Perhaps qualities as a quarterback? How would he be able to go against a statement you have provided no support for in the first place?
              Hey they are both immobile (Only difference is that Manning has incredible pocket awareness to compensate for his lack of mobility) and at one point wore the same jersey number.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Just thought you'd like to know that you are Densexqueendeck'em in Latin.

I'm jus' sayin', Bro.
                I just may have to request a name change

EDIT:
                You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to samparnell again.
                Last edited by Den615; 07-25-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Why is it that when someone points out certain similarities between two players
                  that others rise up with "don't mention ______ in the same breath as ______"?
                  It's as if we have a god among us. It is also so juvenile.

If I say I'm approximately the same height as Michael Jordan, have I blasphemed
                  Jordan's great name or something?

What's wrong with you people?

Manning is almost certain to be inducted into the HOF someday. Orton is almost
                  certain not to be. Does that mean there isn't something, somewhere, Orton does
                  better than Manning?

I have one: Orton can throw the ball further than Manning, and not just a little.
                  He can throw significantly further.

Flame away, kiddies, but that is down in the record books. It is an undebatable
                  fact.

Now, can we raise our collective cognitive level just a little bit and have a
                  meaningful discussion?

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                    Why is it that when someone points out certain similarities between two players
                    that others rise up with "don't mention ______ in the same breath as ______"?
                    It's as if we have a god among us. It is also so juvenile.

If I say I'm approximately the same height as Michael Jordan, have I blasphemed
                    Jordan's great name or something?

What's wrong with you people?

Manning is almost certain to be inducted into the HOF someday. Orton is almost
                    certain not to be. Does that mean there isn't something, somewhere, Orton does
                    better than Manning?

I have one: Orton can throw the ball further than Manning, and not just a little.
                    He can throw significantly further.

Flame away, kiddies, but that is down in the record books. It is an undebatable
                    fact.

Now, can we raise our collective cognitive level just a little bit and have a
                    meaningful discussion?

-----
                    Not that I don't believe you, but what record book are you talking about? Was this some sort of skills competition or something?

Comment

• What's wrong with fans getting excited about Kyle Orton? It's okay to get excited for the season when training camp is knocking on the door.

Just don't get too excited

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                        Not that I don't believe you, but what record book are you talking about? Was this some sort of skills competition or something?
                        As a high school senior (in other words, still a kid), Orton was in a quarterback
                        competition at the same time as Jon Kitna, who was playing pro ball at the time.
                        Orton beat Kitna that day, and Orton's longest throw was 74 yards.

In the 2002 QB Challenge, Manning's longest was 68 yards. Brady, who was also
                        there, BTW, threw for 67 and Plummer 66, IIRC.

Just to put things in perspective, Brett Favre was in a later QB Challenge, in
                        which he threw for 77 yards, just three yards farther than Orton's H.S. throw.

-----

Comment

Peyton Manning has thrown more touchdowns in 17 games than Orton has in his career. (If you're counting, it is 48 games)

Peyton Manning has more yardage (almost) in two seasons than Orton has in his career.

Peyton Manning has the most 4,000 yard passing yard seasons for any quarterback to have ever bled on the gridiron, and the most consecutive 4,000 yard passing seasons. To my knowledge, he has missed this mark only once in his career.

He is a 4 time NFL MVP.

He is an 8 time All-Pro.

Peyton Manning is going to go down as one of the greatest, if not the greatest quarterback to ever play the game. You can find more records and accomplishments of him here.

Fact is, Kyle Orton doesn't have a chance, never has and never will -- to do anything Manning has ever done. When it is all said in done, Orton would be lucky to accomplish half of what he has.

Comparing a guy who has proven nothing to an NFL Legend just doesn't make sense.

Originally posted by neckbeard
                          I believe him to be the same TYPE of QB as Peyton Manning and that he can eventually achieve great success in the NFL.

What compaison did he make ?

He said Orton is the same type of QB as Manning he even emphasized TYPE he never said he was as talented or was the same caliber of QB.

You can have two players be the same type of player but have different talent level and achieve different things.

You listed all those stats and for what ? an argument that you basically made up in your head ?

You can say jay Cutler is a Favre type of QB

however does that mean

Hes better than Favre

will achieve more than Favre

has as much talent as Favre

and is somehow a direct comparison of each players achievements ?

If someone said Tebow was a Randall Cunningham,Fran Tarkenton,Steve Young ,Michael Vick type of QB does that automatically mean post all of there respective numbers ?
                          "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

He is a 4 time NFL MVP.

He is an 8 time All-Pro.

You guys just don't get it at all, do you?

I NEVER SAID THAT KYLE ORTON IS OR WILL BE AS GOOD AS PEYTON MANNING.

Is that clear enough?

What I DID SAY was that he plays in the SAME STYLE as Manning. He takes an analytical approach to the game, studies gamefilm incessantly. He's dependent on his reads and audibles to stay out of trouble, not a rocket arm or cheetah-like scrambling speed. He takes what Defenses give up. He won't take huge risks unnecessarily. He is a prototypical pocket passer, not a scrambler. Not that he does those things as well as Manning does, but he takes the same approach to the game.

People slam Orton for not going downfield more often, they want him to sling it like Cutler did. All I was saying was that he could be a successful QB without being a Favre-esque gunslinger. His approach works too - as demonstrated by Peyton Manning's success - as well as Kyle's own 29-19 record as a starter.

Now can we stop with the over-reactionary responses to posts where Kyle Orton and another QB are mentioned in the same sentence?
                            "That's a crap question."
                            - Kyle Orton

Comment

You guys just don't get it at all, do you?

I NEVER SAID THAT KYLE ORTON IS OR WILL BE AS GOOD AS PEYTON MANNING.

Is that clear enough?

What I DID SAY was that he plays in the SAME STYLE as Manning. He takes an analytical approach to the game, studies gamefilm incessantly. He's dependent on his reads and audibles to stay out of trouble, not a rocket arm or cheetah-like scrambling speed. He takes what Defenses give up. He won't take huge risks unnecessarily. He is a prototypical pocket passer, not a scrambler. Not that he does those things as well as Manning does, but he takes the same approach to the game.

People slam Orton for not going downfield more often, they want him to sling it like Cutler did. All I was saying was that he could be a successful QB without being a Favre-esque gunslinger. His approach works too - as demonstrated by Peyton Manning's success - as well as Kyle's own 29-19 record as a starter.

Now can we stop with the over-reactionary responses to posts where Kyle Orton and another QB are mentioned in the same sentence?
                              I'll take a bet you still didn't get across to them . . .

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                                Yeah, it was a skills competition, which means absolutely nothing. My friend who played quarterback for our high school team tossed the ball 70 yards during practice once giving it all he had. Does that mean he has a stronger arm than Peyton Manning? Absolutely not. Orton tossing the ball a few more yards than Manning is not indicative of such either.

Comment

Working...
                                X