No announcement yet.

Kyle Orton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orton would be a terrific backup QB for any team in the league and that's all he'll ever be. Once he's done in Denver, his starter days are over.

Comment

• Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
      Orton would be a terrific backup QB for any team in the league and that's all he'll ever be. Once he's done in Denver, his starter days are over.
      Wow, another prediction from one of our revered experts!

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
        Orton would be a terrific backup QB for any team in the league and that's all he'll ever be. Once he's done in Denver, his starter days are over.
        I have to agree with this, I don't see him starting anywhere else, he might be in a competition to start but he won't be handed the job. I truly believe the Broncos tried to trade him during the offseason but there were no takers, nobody else wanted him, at least not for the price the Broncos wanted for him.

Let's look at the facts, every other RFA on the team was either traded or given a new contract, there have been absolutely no contract talks with Orton. I think they had every intention of trading him if the right offer came along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          I have to agree with this, I don't see him starting anywhere else, he might be in a competition to start but he won't be handed the job. I truly believe the Broncos tried to trade him during the offseason but there were no takers, nobody else wanted him, at least not for the price the Broncos wanted for him.
          This is true - we did try to trade him after the draft. No takers.

Comment

• Originally posted by drazzz52923849 View Post
            Unfortunately everyone wants to see tebow so i began to ponder where kyle orton could end up. And then i thought about Alex Smith and how terrible he is. Even though i want orton to be the qb for denver for many years, that is not going to happen. He can be really sucessful on he 49ers and i could really see him there.. What do you think?
            I think Kyle Orton could end up as a very good fit in Denver and Timmy could find his butt collecting splinters for a few years.

Heck, I would advocate for that just to tee off some of the so-called fans on this forum who claim he's "mediocre."
            You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big D View Post
              This is true - we did try to trade him after the draft. No takers.
              Link? The Broncos denied that Orton was ever on the trade block this offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                'till next year at least.
                Or even longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                  Lol and everyone thinks Martz is going to change that. I honestly don't see that scenario that likely. I wouldn't be surprised if he throws 20+ picks again this season. That seems to be the pattern with Martz's QBs.
                  Fun fact... Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, and Jon Kitna all through career high INT's under the tutelage of Martz.

I think Jay easily throws another 20 picks this season.

Comment

• Orton Probably wont make playoffs

The fact of the matter is that Orton can not throw the ball past 10 yards with any kind of accuracy. Now a lot of QBs don't have a very good deep ball, and really the deep ball is flashy, but a bit overrated. The problem with Orton isn't his deep ball (I'm not saying his deep ball is good) It's his med game, the 11-20 yard throws that he really struggles at, this category makes up around ~50% of most QBs total yards.

Here is all of Ortons 11-20 yard comp%..

2005 – 34.3%
                    2007 – 23.1%
                    2008 – 37.2%
                    2009 – 42.0%

So here is the question, with Orton being a 1 dimensional QB, can you still make the playoffs? Well lets look back at other QBs who made the playoffs and compare.

2009 playoff QBs 11-20yard comp%

Warner – 65.2%
                    Rodgers – 53.1%
                    Brees – 58.5%
                    Manning – 60.7%
                    Favre – 51.2%
                    Sanchez – 47.3% (best ranked D)
                    Romo – 54.2%
                    Rivers – 58.3%
                    McNabb – 50.5%
                    Palmer -54.7%
                    Brady – 55.9%
                    Flacco – 54.9%

The chances of making the playoffs with a sub par 1 dimensional QB is pretty slim, unless you have a very good Defense, like best in the league good (see 2005 Bears, 2009 Jets) But if you just have a average to above average D then you are not going to make the playoffs with a QB who cant throw past 10 yards (see 2009 Broncos #7D).

Not sure if TT is the answer, but after 5 years in the league if you cant manage to throw the ball past 10 yards your backup material.

Comment

• So you're using stats from Orton last year to say he wont' make the playoffs this year?

That doesn't make much sense IMO. If you look at his numbers he made a huge improvement his first year in this system and now going on year two he should only be more comfortable and thus, better. Also, avoiding multiple injuries would help as well.

And either way, if we make or don't make the playoffs, it will be more than just because of Orton. Overall our defense and running game are better on paper, and if that translates into on the field results, Orton could have a season that was worse than last year and we could make the playoffs.

Comment

• No, he is using all the years of Orton's career showing an absolutely abysmal intermediate throwing accuracy to make the assertion that because he cannot have success there, we probably won't be able to make the playoffs. His inaccuracy in that regard is downright pathetic.

Comment

• well atleast you said probably wont make it. shows you still have faith.
                          ......sigpic

Boise State 2010 FIESTA BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Username11avail View Post
                            well atleast you said probably wont make it. shows you still have faith.
                            Not in Orton, but it is slightly possible that the D becomes one of the best in the league and drags him to the playoffs..

Comment

• He can't improve now that this is his 2nd season in the offense?

Comment

• Getting to the playoffs has little to do with one player as it does with the team.

Denver Broncos make it to the playoffs as the Denver Broncos. Not the Denver Ortons or the Denver Tebows or the Denver Quinns, yadda, yadda.

Comment

Working...
                                X