Akin AYODELE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I'm trying to understand why we released Andra Davis to add a guy like Akin Ayodele who seems to be a downgrade for our depth and he is 30 years old. Is he a special teams contributor at least?
    Because they didnt feel Andra could contribute to the special teams(was not fast enough I think is what McD said) so they released him early so he could find another team.
    sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

how the hell can someone say we aren't thin at linebacker??! What happens if *knock on wood* Ayers or Doom get hurt? Darrell Reid probably isn't going to be able to play all of TC, that leaves Jarvis Moss and Baraka Atkins. And Jamie Kirlew. ?????!!!!! Doesn't inspire a ton of faith on my part. And our situation on the inside isn't a heckuva lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
        we signed him im guessing because the guys we were looking at in the draft had been drafted and we wanted depth.

Not like they could resign andra
        I'm thinking Josh wanted Rolando McClain and when he was gone before our first pick Josh moved back and started compiling picks and working on his other priorities. It's possible that he didn't have that many ILB's on his list and each time they went before he could get them. Sometimes it just falls that way.

And the only reason I can think of for releasing Andra is that when looking at the film they saw him not being where he was supposed to be on a regular basis, not stopping the run or being taken out of the play too often.

If so, they may have decided that there was no point in keeping him. Sure, he got lots of tackles, but if everyone runs at you, you are going to get more tackles just because of the law of averages. They may have been running at him because they saw him as a weakness in our front seven.
        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

In one of JMD's interviews he said that Davis was released because he wasn't as versatile as he wanted for that position. He wants a guy who can contribute on special teams.

By releasing him early, Andra had enough time to find another team and have time to prepare for a new system.
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I think they saw the fact that his tackles dropped the last six games. Davis had 23 tackles the last six games of the season. Against NYG, KC (first time), and Indy he had a total of 5 tackles. He basically became nonexistent at the end of the season.
            A day to remember: 4-19-1995

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chaz View Post
              how the hell can someone say we aren't thin at linebacker??! What happens if *knock on wood* Ayers or Doom get hurt? Darrell Reid probably isn't going to be able to play all of TC, that leaves Jarvis Moss and Baraka Atkins. And Jamie Kirlew. ?????!!!!! Doesn't inspire a ton of faith on my part. And our situation on the inside isn't a heckuva lot better.
              Easy.

If Ayers or Doom gets hurt - we move Haggan to the outside and put Woody or Larsen at ILB...

Anyhow - keeping Andra Davis wont exactly help us in that scenario
              sigpic

Comment

LB Ayodele signs with Broncos

From ESPN

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos have signed 30-year-old free agent linebacker Akin Ayodele.

Ayodele is one of three starting linebackers in the NFL who has played in every game since 2002. He played for Miami (2008-2009), Dallas (2006-07) and Jacksonville (2002-05) after being drafted by the Jaguars out of Purdue.

Last year, Ayodele started 15 games for the Dolphins and tallied 70 tackles, 60 of them solo, to go along with a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries. He has started at least 11 games in each of his eight seasons.

Coach Josh McDaniels told The Associated Press that Ayodele will compete for playing time at inside linebacker with Mario Haggan.

I know McDaniels said he has Haggan inked in at MLB, but thats just defualt considering the situation. Ive never like the idea of haggan as a MLB, in my mind he needs to be holding up the edge on our line as a backup.

Comment

A couple days and a dozen threads late on this one buddy.

Comment

Good depth. We definitely needed another guy with some experience at ILB.

Comment

This guy has been one of my favorite players in the league for a long time.

Glad to have him in Denver
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
                        A couple days and a dozen threads late on this one buddy.
                        oh. my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
                          oh. my bad.
                          Not a problem. There is a search function up on the top menu bar you can use to look for threads in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
                            Not a problem. There is a search function up on the top menu bar you can use to look for threads in the future.
                            Never knew that. Thanks brosef.

Comment

Decent signing should bring added depth.
                              sigpic

Comment

Solid depth, will push Haggan for the starting spot.. Typical McDaniels signing.

Comment

Working...
                                X