Akin AYODELE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only question........

If Mcd was already satisfied with our current linebackers when he let Davis go, why did he go out and sign Ayodele? Obviously if you compare their production over the past 5 years, Davis had a better career than Ayodele. So I just don't see the point of letting Davis go and hiring Ayodele.

Comment

Sometimes things play out differently than what you expect-- some good and some not so good. Like everyone else, coaches make the best calls they can when they need to and sometimes, like everyone else, they wish they had a do-over button.

It is easy to be judgemental in hindsight, but I think they are legitimately trying to add the best personnel they can with the best information they have at the time.
      sigpic

Comment

McD said that Davis was a guy that was either a starter or a guy that would have problems getting on the field. With Ayers starting at SOLB, and Haggan moving inside, there is no room for Davis.
        Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

I think it was done as a favor to Davis. He wants to start, and has the skills to do so somewhere in this league, but he's the odd man out on the Broncos after the Ayers draft and moving Hagan inside. Rather than forcing him to play as a backup (which would be within the Broncos' contractual rights, but rather antagonistic) we let him go.

I think he was cut early to give him a chance at the traditional FA market rather than the post draft garbage market.

Comment

It's pretty simple. Ayodele can stop the run, Davis cant.

Comment

Originally posted by derence84 View Post
              If Mcd was already satisfied with our current linebackers when he let Davis go, why did he go out and sign Ayodele? Obviously if you compare their production over the past 5 years, Davis had a better career than Ayodele. So I just don't see the point of letting Davis go and hiring Ayodele.
              Becasue the linebackers they liked in the draft were picked up by other teams.

Comment

Working...
              X