Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that the draft is over: What is our record in 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that the draft is over: What is our record in 2010?

Here is our schedule:

Den @ Jac
    Sea @ Den
    Indy @ Den
    Den @ Ten
    Den @ Balt
    Jets @ Den
    Oak @ Den
    Den @ San Fran (London)
    bye
    KS @ Den
    Den @ SD (Monday Night Game)
    STL @ Den
    Den @ KS
    Den @ Ariz
    Den @ Oak
    Hou @ Den
    SD @ Den
    0-16
    0.00%
    1-15
    0.00%
    2-14
    0.00%
    3-13
    1.59%
    4-12
    0.00%
    5-11
    1.59%
    6-10
    12.70%
    7-9
    1.59%
    8-8
    11.11%
    9-7
    17.46%
    10-6
    20.63%
    11-5
    20.63%
    12-4
    3.17%
    13-3
    1.59%
    14-2
    0.00%
    15-1
    0.00%
    16-0
    7.94%

10-6 at worst.

Comment

Here is our schedule:

Den @ Jac W
      Sea @ Den W
      Indy @ Den L
      Den @ Ten W
      Den @ Balt L
      Jets @ Den L
      Oak @ Den W
      Den @ San Fran (London) W
      bye
      KS @ Den L
      Den @ SD (Monday Night Game) W
      STL @ Den W
      Den @ KS L
      Den @ Ariz W
      Den @ Oak W
      Hou @ Den W
      SD @ Den L

I am seeing 10-6 but it could be anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4

Comment

Den @ Jac W
        Sea @ Den W
        Indy @ Den L
        Den @ Ten W
        Den @ Balt L
        Jets @ Den L
        Oak @ Den W
        Den @ San Fran (London) W
        bye
        KC @ Den W
        Den @ SD (Monday Night Game) L
        STL @ Den W
        Den @ KC L
        Den @ Ariz W
        Den @ Oak W
        Hou @ Den W
        SD @ Den W

11-5 or 10-6 but thats only cuz we i dont know about the 49er game

Comment

If you guys go 8-8 as I voted, would everyone want to hang Coach McD?? I'm sorry, that's the way I see this year working out for the Broncos. I would not call that a failure by the coach, though. A ton of new players getting used to a system, other teams in the division that have had more time to put together their rosters, etc. Improvement will be made, but the real test would come in the season following this one.

Oh man, I can tell I'm going to get flamed this time.

Comment

We're going 16-0!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
              If you guys go 8-8 as I voted, would everyone want to hang Coach McD?? I'm sorry, that's the way I see this year working out for the Broncos. I would not call that a failure by the coach, though. A ton of new players getting used to a system, other teams in the division that have had more time to put together their rosters, etc. Improvement will be made, but the real test would come in the season following this one.

No, that's fair, but discounts the fact that McDaniels is a shifty SOB, and he's young enough to have learned from last years mistakes. This whole team is an intangible, and McD being the greatest. KC and Oakland will have minor improvements, and SD might take a step back, or not. But there are teams on our schedule that do not impress, which we should beat. Then again, that's why they play the games...

Comment

Originally posted by BoltNut View Post

I actually mostly agree with you. Weird. Though I am more optimistic because mcd is passionate so we will start strong and we have more depth in defense so we won't totally collapse (i hope) and our schedule is easier. So i think we do better by 2 games than last year.

Comment

I feel awful about this year's team. We picked up a DL through FA, which has not worked for us in the last 10 years. We get rid of our best WR and TE. I know they wanted out, and at least we made trades for them. We went after Brady Quinn with picks and Schef. Quinn sucks. We gave away 3, then eventually 2 picks for Tebow-- a gamble at best that won't play until 2011 or 2012. Our 1st pick was a WR who was described by nfl.com 's draft coverage as a horrible route runner and a "good gamble for a second round pick."

I admit I was on the McDaniels bandwagon last year, but I have lost all confidence in him. With Pioli in KC, SD with Rivers for many years to come--it looks like Denver and OAK are in contention for the cellar for the next few years.

At least it's baseball season.

I hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by porkadachop View Post
                    I feel awful about this year's team. We picked up a DL through FA, which has not worked for us in the last 10 years. We get rid of our best WR and TE. I know they wanted out, and at least we made trades for them. We went after Brady Quinn with picks and Schef. Quinn sucks. We gave away 3, then eventually 2 picks for Tebow-- a gamble at best that won't play until 2011 or 2012. Our 1st pick was a WR who was described by nfl.com 's draft coverage as a horrible route runner and a "good gamble for a second round pick."

I admit I was on the McDaniels bandwagon last year, but I have lost all confidence in him. With Pioli in KC, SD with Rivers for many years to come--it looks like Denver and OAK are in contention for the cellar for the next few years.

At least it's baseball season.

I hope I am wrong.
                    I think you're a little overly bummed out on this one.

First of all, Quinn doesn't even matter anymore. We sent like a 6th rounder and Hillis and then a conditional 2012 pick. That didn't hurt us in the slightest.

Secondly, who cares about NFL.com's draft coverage. Thomas does not have to be our starter this year, he beasted in college and his only weakness is he hasn't had to run routes since his freshman year. He isn't a gamble, he just needs to be taught how to run routes. The offense he played in just told him to go deep and own corners and he did it to the tune of 1000+ yards and a 25+ YPC average. He's highly athletic and a matchup problem.

Our O-line is actually going to be able to block this year as well. 3 interior offensive lineman who could all do better jobs than Wiegmann and Hamilton did last year will definitely improve the team.

I don't see what's to hate about this draft unless you just hate Tim Tebow, but even then, everything else seriously helped the team. A lot.

Comment

I'm thinkin 8-8 at the worst.. however every year we lose several very stupid games (KC and Oak mostly) that knock us out of the playoffs. I would hope that we have gotten better and combine that with an easier sched IMO we should be no worse than 8-8. I would like us to win at least one home game between the Jets and Colts, however those will both be very tough. I'm optimistic, but I think we are going to have to count on several rookies to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        I think you're a little overly bummed out on this one.

First of all, Quinn doesn't even matter anymore. We sent like a 6th rounder and Hillis and then a conditional 2012 pick. That didn't hurt us in the slightest.

Secondly, who cares about NFL.com's draft coverage. Thomas does not have to be our starter this year, he beasted in college and his only weakness is he hasn't had to run routes since his freshman year. He isn't a gamble, he just needs to be taught how to run routes. The offense he played in just told him to go deep and own corners and he did it to the tune of 1000+ yards and a 25+ YPC average. He's highly athletic and a matchup problem.

Our O-line is actually going to be able to block this year as well. 3 interior offensive lineman who could all do better jobs than Wiegmann and Hamilton did last year will definitely improve the team.

I don't see what's to hate about this draft unless you just hate Tim Tebow, but even then, everything else seriously helped the team. A lot.
                        My error. Hillis and a pick for Quinn. Not Schefler. Also, you make a good point about the upgrade about the OL. I do not hate Tebow, I just think he will stink as an NFL QB. Once again, I do hope I'm wrong. A cursory look at the team, I would give these grades..

QB: fair
                        RBs: good
                        WRs: bad (I love Royal, but is he a #1?)
                        TEs: fair
                        OL: good
                        DL: fair
                        LB: good
                        CB: fair
                        S: fair

ST: bad

Flame away, fellow Bronco fans.

Comment

i'm gonna say, 11-5 ! :salute!:
                          Team Tebow Member #14

Comment

6-10

There's a lot more to fix than some will admit and using a first rounder on Tebow won't help this year. Add to this that the KC and Oakland likely should be better than they were last year. Fortunate for us we drew what should be a weak NFC division this year.

Comment

Originally posted by porkadachop View Post
                              My error. Hillis and a pick for Quinn. Not Schefler. Also, you make a good point about the upgrade about the OL. I do not hate Tebow, I just think he will stink as an NFL QB. Once again, I do hope I'm wrong. A cursory look at the team, I would give these grades..

QB: fair
                              RBs: good
                              WRs: bad (I love Royal, but is he a #1?)
                              TEs: fair
                              OL: good
                              DL: fair
                              LB: good
                              CB: fair
                              S: fair

ST: bad

Flame away, fellow Bronco fans.
                              While I realize that two of our WR's havent played a down in the NFL, I would be more incline to say that our WR's are at least fair, and I would knock our RB's down to fair. I think Moreno has a lot to prove and hopefully it was mostly our O line last year which is why he struggled and dissapeared that last few games of the year. I'm actually pretty happy about our WR position as I think we got a nice value pick with Decker from Minn, then you add Thomas from Ga Tech now that is what you call serious potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X