Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that the draft is over: What is our record in 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orange22 View Post
    No, that's fair, but discounts the fact that McDaniels is a shifty SOB, and he's young enough to have learned from last years mistakes. This whole team is an intangible, and McD being the greatest. KC and Oakland will have minor improvements, and SD might take a step back, or not. But there are teams on our schedule that do not impress, which we should beat. Then again, that's why they play the games...
    This is why I was throwing out the stuff about giving McD through the next season before judgments are made. He is absolutely a shifty guy. In a good way, that is. I think he'll be shown to be a pretty good judge of talent when this all plays out.

You mention that SD could take a step back and this could be true. There may be a step back in some areas, but maybe some progress in others. I like Mathews, but I can't say that I expect him to put up numbers like LT put up during his career. Besides, absolutely nothing was done with our O-line. If there is a step backward, it would be here. Our D-line and backfield got a little better, IMO. But only a little. Still, going 13-3 with the schedule we had last year, I would expect pretty good things this year. Like you say, though, we've got to play the games.

Comment

9-7 if the injury bug stays away from our key players. Maybe 10-6 if the rooks exceed expectations. Maybe 8-8 if all the defensive geezers wear down.

I'm not expecting great this year, but I'm not expecting terrible either.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
        While I realize that two of our WR's havent played a down in the NFL, I would be more incline to say that our WR's are at least fair, and I would knock our RB's down to fair. I think Moreno has a lot to prove and hopefully it was mostly our O line last year which is why he struggled and dissapeared that last few games of the year. I'm actually pretty happy about our WR position as I think we got a nice value pick with Decker from Minn, then you add Thomas from Ga Tech now that is what you call serious potential.
        Wide Receirvers dont do much in their rookie year. Marshall and even Jerry Rice didnt did anything in their rookie year mostly drop passes and get jam in their routes. There a reason why Royal's rookie year is special it was the 2nd most receptions for a rookie wr, but we successfully disappear him last year.

Comment

I say 11-5 after our draft. We got two very big WRs who can make an immediate impact, some interior O-Line depth, and that in itself should make the offense click a whole lot better :salute!:

Comment

I say 6-10 ending the Kyle Orton era in Denver by week 10 senting either Tebow or Quinn to the hounds the last 6 weeks.

Comment

I'm saying 9-7. We are now a YOUNG team on the offensive side of the ball which is good for the future, but a lot of inexperience could keep us from winning a lot more games. I would be happy with 10-6 tho.
              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

i realistically voted 9-7, but i'm hoping for 10-6 or better

Comment

I realistically know we'll go 16-0

Comment

Den @ Jac W
                    Sea @ Den W
                    Indy @ Den L
                    Den @ Ten L
                    Den @ Balt L