Start Quinn or Brandstater during preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Quinn or Brandstater during preseason

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi believes Brady Quinn will get a chance to compete for the starting job in Denver.

This caught our attention because Lombardi has spent a lot of time with Josh McDaniels recently and usually has an inside track on all things Broncos. McD has said Orton is the starter, which we don't doubt. But it wouldn't shock us to see Quinn have a chance to pass him, especially if Denver starts slow.

April 29 - 7:42 p.m. ET

I can see Quinn or Tebow playing this year over Orton, lets see who shows up in TC
    sigpic

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we struggle early to see Quinn in there. And when Quinn struggles, everybody will be wanting Tebow starting. I have a bad feeling about a QB controversy next year.

Comment

Well of course he'll have a chance to start. Everybody has a chance to start at every position if the starter sucks it up.

Comment

I really like this whole who is gonna be qb. I mean unlike other teams that are banking on one guy to pull through to be the number one guy, we have three quality dude trying to get the spot. Although I think orton wil be starting the first game I think he will be on a tight rope. Good to know we have a fews qb's fighting it out to be number one.
        sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

No doubt in my mind. I think he never got a chance in Cleveland. Who does? I believe he will be second on the depth chart. If and when Orton struggles/gets hurt, Quinn will be called upon. I'm all for it. I'm hoping Quinn can prove to be the future.
          sigpic

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

Comment

I am a big fan of Orton and I expect him to start. However, if Quinn proves he is the better choice, I will root for him just as hard. I am down for whoever gives us the best chance to win.
            sigpic

Kyle Orton Army #140
            Team Tebow #140

Comment

Originally posted by thinkin101 View Post
              No doubt in my mind. I think he never got a chance in Cleveland.
              100% right...and poor McCoy is in the same boat now.

Originally posted by thinkin101 View Post
              I believe he will be second on the depth chart. If and when Orton struggles/gets hurt, Quinn will be called upon. I'm all for it. I'm hoping Quinn can prove to be the future.
              I hope (my opinion) that he is a solid back up for Tebow.

Regardless of who is under center though...GO BRONCOS
              Last edited by Hippie Guy; 04-29-2010, 07:27 PM.
              Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

Comment

I think Quinn has the best chance to be a TRULY great passer out of all our QB's....Tebow should stay a specialty 8 to 15 plays a game....I NEVER want our starting qb running into LB'S!!!

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                  I think Quinn has the best chance to be a TRULY great passer out of all our QB's....Tebow should stay a specialty 8 to 15 plays a game....I NEVER want our starting qb running into LB'S!!!
                  I honestly believe that McD will train that out of him.

Coach knows what's going to happen if he keeps QB sneaking.

I can see it every once in a while...but I believe that he is going to be channeled into not doing that anymore.
                  Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie Guy View Post
                    I honestly believe that McD will train that out of him.

Coach knows what's going to happen if he keeps QB sneaking.

I can see it every once in a while...but I believe that he is going to be channeled into not doing that anymore.
                    yeah but THAT's what makes him TIM TEBOW....so I'd rather have a FULLY effective weapon in Tebow for 8 to 15 plays like I said...and let Quinn be our PURE passer.....I mean if we just wanted a GREAT QB we should've NEVER gotten Tebow....the only reason he's good is because he's such a threat on the ground as well as having an arm

Comment

I love the tebow madness shoot i already spent 250 on a authentic tebow jersey. You know what tho I think Quinn will come out the darkhorse and shock everyone. Dont forget about this kid.
                      sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

Originally posted by wishb0n3 View Post
                        NFL Network's Mike Lombardi believes Brady Quinn will get a chance to compete for the starting job in Denver.

This caught our attention because Lombardi has spent a lot of time with Josh McDaniels recently and usually has an inside track on all things Broncos. McD has said Orton is the starter, which we don't doubt. But it wouldn't shock us to see Quinn have a chance to pass him, especially if Denver starts slow.

April 29 - 7:42 p.m. ET

I can see Quinn or Tebow playing this year over Orton, lets see who shows up in TC
                        I belive he has a shot also, i think if its really an open comp, that Quinn will give Orton all he wants for that starting job.
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

As long as the best one for us to win is playing come Sept.....I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                            you know john elway did that stuff that tebow does he was just a better passer. I really like how tebow will sell out 100% for a first down and for his teammates
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                              you know john elway did that stuff that tebow does he was just a better passer. I really like how tebow will sell out 100% for a first down and for his teammates
                              sell out? lol ... well yeah, but you hit the hammer on the head, Elway was a GREAT passer...

Comment

Working...
                              X