Dez vs Demaryius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dez vs Demaryius

I know this has been discussed but how do you pass up Dez Bryant? I know the guy got suspended but he is the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson. ANd he got suspended for no good reason. This pick reminds me of how we passed Desean Jackson for Eddie Royal because we didnt like his attitude.
    sigpic

Character issues. I don't know how much clearer it could be.

How do you get rid of Brandon Marshall for character issues and then bring in another receiver with character issues?

What kind of sense would that have made?

Comment

Thomas had a higher grade for the Denver Broncos.

Dez was on the draft board.

End of story.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr RD;3278223]Thomas had a higher grade for the Denver Broncos.

Dez was on the draft board.

End of story.[/
        QUOTE]

yeeeup.

Comment

He was not suspended "..for no good reason." He was suspended because he lied to the NCAA trying to cover up a relationship he had with Deon. How many kids do you think will lie to the NCAA after this?

Nothing more than character concerns and remember this is all about what type of team an organization wants. If you want to build around high character guys - you do not bring in question marks. This particular draft was full of these type decisions by many teams.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
            He was not suspended "..for no good reason." He was suspended because he lied to the NCAA trying to cover up a relationship he had with Deon. How many kids do you think will lie to the NCAA after this?

Nothing more than character concerns and remember this is all about what type of team an organization wants. If you want to build around high character guys - you do not bring in question marks. This particular draft was full of these type decisions by many teams.
            He's the one that went to "the NCAA" and admitted he lied.

Seriously - it's not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr RD View Post
              He's the one that went to "the NCAA" and admitted he lied.

Seriously - it's not a big deal.
              He's not Marshall in terms of lying but a number of scouts think once Thomas's foot heals he could be the steal of the draft. He has size, speed, outstanding hands and he's not the kind of guy you need to worry will be suspended and missing games.
              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                He's not Marshall in terms of lying but a number of scouts think once Thomas's foot heals he could be the steal of the draft. He has size, speed, outstanding hands and he's not the kind of guy you need to worry will be suspended and missing games.
                Thomas is so fast. Looking at him on Youtube, he doesn't even look like he's trying, and he's just gliding past everybody. His ability to run after the catch is something too.

He could literally be Brandon Marshall 2.0. The difference is that the 2nd version is much faster than the first version and doesn't have the attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu View Post
                  I know this has been discussed but how do you pass up Dez Bryant? I know the guy got suspended but he is the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson. ANd he got suspended for no good reason. This pick reminds me of how we passed Desean Jackson for Eddie Royal because we didnt like his attitude.
                  so what is wrong with Eddie Royal? Nothing.

Desean had 25 more catches than Eddie this past year while Eddie sported 3 more TDs. Also, Royal had 29 more catches than Jackson their rookie years.

Kind of early to say we got the short end of the stick in that comparison.

Comment

From what I have read, the Ravens were going to pick Demaryius and had no interest in Dez. The Ravens are usually very good with talent judgement.
                    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

Way too early to start this debate, give it three years and we'll see what happens.

I must say, I see Anquan Boldin when I watched D. Thomas' tape.....
                      RESORTS- Whiteface, Gore Mountain, Killington, Stratton, Sugarbush, Park City, The Canyons, Snowbird, Winter Park and Loveland

Comment

People who claim that Bryant is clearly the better prospect are talking out of their a$$ if you ask me. Thomas is faster and bigger, but is seen as being more raw. On top of that, I think the whole "raw prospect" thing is blown out of proportion. The guy appears to be smart and very coachable. The fact that he didn't run a lot of routes in college isn't the end of the world. When I look at this guy I see somebody who is going to be nearly impossible to cover 1 on 1, and that's exciting. Dez Bryant has tons of potential as well, but he in no way, shape, or form has more than Thomas.
                        Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                          Thomas is so fast. Looking at him on Youtube, he doesn't even look like he's trying, and he's just gliding past everybody. His ability to run after the catch is something too.

He could literally be Brandon Marshall 2.0. The difference is that the 2nd version is much faster than the first version and doesn't have the attitude.
                          That would also make him a deep threat, which Marshall never really was.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon View Post
                            so what is wrong with Eddie Royal? Nothing.

Desean had 25 more catches than Eddie this past year while Eddie sported 3 more TDs. Also, Royal had 29 more catches than Jackson their rookie years.

Kind of early to say we got the short end of the stick in that comparison.
                            he's just unhappy with the whole character aspect of this team since Marshall was one of the guys who had to either change his attitude or go elsewhere.

Marshall couldn't change and we have fans who didn't want him to go regardless.

Comment

No Brainer

Agree whole-heartedly with those who suggested that we took (and rightfully should've taken) Demaryius over Dez, because of the character concerns. I'm not saying that you should ALWAYS sacrifice talent for character, but when your goal is create a team with unselfish, smart and mature players, you can't do so by willfully drafting/acquiring guys who don't fit that bill. Besides, in this case, the guys' (Dez's and Demaryius's) talent was close enough not to feel like we lost out. Dez made some big plays in college, but so did Damaryius, and Demaryius averaged a whopping 25 or so yards a catch--guys, that's amazing!
                              Ronnie Who?

Comment

Working...
                              X