Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure

Originally posted by Chubbles6 View Post
    Everyone is making WAYYY to big of a deal about the route running. It is not hard to run routes. You act like he just started playing football and has only ran screens and fades his whole life. His freshmen year he ran a normal offense at tech, and im going to assume he ran a normal offense with normal routes in high school.

And please don't say "well hell this the nfl not dag gum' college or high skewll"

having football experience myself, i can tell you that the route running thing is not a big deal. that is something he can learn and be effective at by the beginning of pre-season. And that's assuming that he doesn't even know how to run a route. Hell he's probably already proven that he can run routes at the rookie mini camp.

he is a smart, freakishly athletic receiver who will be a great receiver for the broncos for a long time.
    Got cones? Practice field? Whiteboard? Playbook w/passing tree? Got QB to throw to you?

Got brains?

If the answer to all is yes, then learn routes in a jiffy. :thumb:

Hitch, Short Out, Whip Out, Deep Out, Slant, Fade, Drag, Chair, Wheel, Smash, Post, Corner, Curl, Hook. How many WRs are called on to run all of those in a given game plan? West Coast O maybe. More important than the routes is the timing with the QB.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Wide Receiver Corps

Personally, I'm quite happy with the receivers the Broncos now have. It's a strength.

I don't miss Brandon Marshall and all his drama. Demaryius Thomas is about as big and significantly faster on the field. He can get separation that Marshall can't. Brandon is a great blocker, better than Scheffler, but Thomas is as good in that department.

Some have preferred DeSean Jackson to Eddie Royal. Not me. Eddie will be back. He's a quality guy and a great athlete.

I hope to see the Broncos come out spread in doubles with Thomas and Royal on the left and Decker and Lloyd on the right; motion Royal to Bunch leaving a CB on the backside island to cover Thomas while frontside runs the Bunch Series (e.g., mesh, triangle, smash, etc.).

That plus the threat of Triple Option with Royal as give man (via shovel pass) on motion, is quite a handful for any defense.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Thomas and possibly Eddie will start on PUP - it'll be interesting to see how Willis does coming back fron injury. He was great last TV, and not just in the way that Shanny used to hype up scrub receivers.

I love the potential our receivers have, I really do. If Demaryius heals properly I think he could be truly great. It's an if, but the guy has the work ethic to make it back. Stokley had the same injury and still came back strong (even at 33 post-achilles he managed to outrun the Bengali D) so it's possible.
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

your right we got DT. a guy who cannot stay healthy.....a guy that will probable only play 10 games in 2 years. remember he just tore his achilles tendon. in my opinion a wasted first rounder...along with all the other mcd first round picks

Comment

An injury phrone player vs a character concern player is a toss up.Honestly,i dont care for DT or Dez neither player impresses me.

Comment

Personally I'd take djax over royal and dez or marshall over DT all day but I like lloyd,decker,and davis a lot I can't wait til decker and davis get a real shot

Comment

i see To when i think of Thomas, thomas is a beast with very simular to almost hte same size speed as Thomas.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                  i see To when i think of Thomas, thomas is a beast with very simular to almost hte same size speed as Thomas.
                  DT is a player it seems will never have a good season,do to injury.At this point i consider him tradeable if its possible for a future draft pick.
                  Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 05-15-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                    DT is a player it seems will never have a good season,do to injury.At this point i consider him tradeable if its possible for a future draft pick.
                    You trade give up on DT already? He only been league 2 years I think it's way too soon give up him already if DT can't stay health for 1 year again or gets injured than by all means trade him for some equal value.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                      i dom't thing it is worth to trade
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                        You trade give up on DT already? He only been league 2 years I think it's way too soon give up him already if DT can't stay health for 1 year again or gets injured than by all means trade him for some equal value.
                        DT seems like a teddy bear,he seems frail and can't take a hit.I know their are better options out there.If Willis turns out good i would unload DT while he has value left.
                        Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 05-15-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't, he's gettin 1st round money and has zero trade value right now it makes no sense for us to let him go now its like a stock that u bought high going way down then selling, u might as well keep it and hope it goes back up

Comment

• It's not like Dez' issues are just dizzolving into thin air now that he's a pro either

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Even Deon said "I can't work with u anymore"

Let's just hope DT can get healthy and produce something consistent
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                              It's sad when people are so desperate to win that they actually want low-life garbage pos's like Dez on their team...grow up, it's not ONLY about winning...i wouldn't want him on this team period, idc how good he is
                              it is 100% totally about winning.....Look at Romo.....He is still beloved on here and he is a roid freak, spit in another mans face, broke his own team mates jaw, and several other things.......yet because he was a good player he gets a buy

But get off your high horse about Dez....he has don nothing that bad. So what if he owes a jeweler some money. Rod Smith beat up his wife as a young player.....Do you want him on his team. DJ is a two time DUI guy....Can he be on the team...... Doom got pinched for assult...What about him can he stay on the team.

Character is the most overrated thing in the world. Sure I want it out of my personal friends and family...But on my football team who cares...as long as it doesn't cross that line where it becomes a cancer in the locker room.....And I am sorry but owing a jeweler some money is hardly a cancer. I will take that over a supposed physical freak that cant stay health and who's career might be over
                              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X