New Quentin Griffin Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Quentin Griffin Information

If anyone hears of any new "Q" information, please post it to this thread, or any comments on or about him.
    Last edited by OklahomaSooners; 09-11-2003, 10:12 AM.

"Q"

From what I hear he is backing up Portis now 2nd string. Does anyone know if he will be playing in the next game? Man, I can't wait to see him play. He has talent that reminds me of Barry Sanders.

Comment

He's still battling thru some pain and is not in football shape yet.

I would be surprised if he was active this week or even against Oakland unless someone goes down.

He isn't as explosive as Sanders, and never will be, but he might make a decent 3rd down back.

He missed alot of time with that leg, especially for a rookie.

Comment

Quentin Griffin

I thought he was only going to be out for 4 - 6 weeks. It has been over that now. August 25 will be two months. On the injury report it lists him as probable to play. Thats tough luck, never got hurt at OU and comes in and gets hurt the first day of camp. I tell you this though, he is a tough guy and he will bounce back with more "will" then ever. As far as explosive, I seen him defeat the longhorns last year and he exploded all over them. He can cut, catch, run low, break tackles and all types of things I have seen him do while at OU. He is probably one of the most underated rb's out there. However, Coach Shanahan must have seen that special talent, because he drafted Quentin Griffin for a reason. Anyone who has actually watched Quentin Griffin play, knows what he can do and that he will far more than suceed in the NFL. If given the chance, I think he could provide over a 1000 yard year easily. The defenders will have a time finding and catching the "little big man". If you want to know how valuable Quentin Griffin is on the running game, ask OU this year. Griffin scored (10) 100 yard games last year and that is against Big 12 Defense, some of the best defense in the nation. This year OU IS def. hurting on the running game and Quentin Griffin is really missed. You and several people may say "Q" may be a good 3rd down back. Yes you are right, but I think if he plays anything like he did for OU, he could easily be a feature back also if given the chance or Portis goes down. Also, one thing to keep in mind, "Q" will be times 2 now. Twice the Griffin and that is scary. Why? Well simple, in college you have to play football and study and keep the grades up. Well now, this is his JOB and my guess is that Griffin will train, train, train and work to be the best and not just a 3rd down back. So, if something should give him the chance to show what he can do, be prepared and be glad he plays for the Broncos.

Comment

Ive seen Griffin play and ive got to say that hes very good.Not good enough to replace Clinton Portis but still very good.Its good that the Broncos can feel safe that if something happpens to Portis they have a very good back-up.Hopefully Griffin can get healthy and stay that way.I mean what good is a Back-up if hes injured?

Clinton and Rod chillin with the fans.

Comment

Griffin

I agree, he def. needs to stay healthy. However, he never had a problem with that at OU lets hope nothing else freakish happens.

Comment

I read somewhere he was going to suit up against the Chargers.....it looks like Portis need a breather on some plays....hopefully he'll be in the lineup soon!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Quentin Griffin Clips

Here you go, for people who never seen Quentin Griffin in action and for those who want to see him again. Look at these skills Mike Shanahan saw!

http://www.socalsoonerfans.com/2000videos.htm

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...php3?go=030626

http://www.the-smartass.com/LAVideos-Flash.htm

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/jpv/images/OU_UNC_2.jpg

http://www.soonersports.com/pdf1/242...&DB_OEM_ID=300
                Last edited by OklahomaSooners; 09-11-2003, 12:30 PM.

Comment

You Sooner people crack me up.

Comment

Quentin Griffin is a good solid back. But there is also another solid back, a rookie, who has actually proved he can and will be good in the NFL, something Griffin hasn't done yet. Cecil Sapp. Tell me if this makes sense. Quentin Griffin gets hurt the first day of training camp. Hasn't played one NFL game yet. Cecil Sapp, perfectly healthy throughout camp, plays in all 4 games, has a solid performance the final preseason game against Seattle, gets cut on final cut day, then resigned to the practice squad. Griffin, meanwhile, gets put on second string???? He has yet to prove what he can do in the NFL. All do respect, he was good at OU. But that's college, not the NFL. There have been many good running backs in college, but falter once they hit the pro's. Don't get me wrong, Shanahan and co. knows what they are doing, I hope, by putting a rookie as a backup to their star rb, who hasn't even played an NFL game yet. And after a broken leg, it is extremely questionable if he will be able to perform like he did in college. I don't see him getting many carries for Portis. Mike Anderson is listed as no. 2 last I checked. And he took over for Portis last Sunday against the Bengals, so I think we will see Mike before Quentin.

ORANGE CRUSH!!!

Comment

Re: Quentin Griffin Clips

Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
                      Here you go, for people who never seen Quentin Griffin in action and for those who want to see him again. Look at these skills Mike Shanahan saw!

http://www.socalsoonerfans.com/2000videos.htm

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...php3?go=030626
                      Please tell that Terry Pierce wasn't number 40 on KS on that one video. That was the worst attempt at tackling I have ever seen.
                      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Re: Re: Quentin Griffin Clips

Originally posted by rascal
                        Please tell that Terry Pierce wasn't number 40 on KS on that one video. That was the worst attempt at tackling I have ever seen.
                        Okay it wasn't. Some guy named Jared Cooper. He defintely won't make it to the NFL.
                        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Depth Chart

Broncos Offense
                          WR 80 Rod Smith 81 Chris Cole
                          LT 74 Ephraim Salaam 71 Blake Brockermeyer
                          LG 50 Ben Hamilton 79 Steve Herndon
                          C 66 Tom Nalen
                          RG 62 Dan Neil 65 Cooper Carlisle
                          RT 78 Matt Lepsis 72 George Foster
                          TE 84 Shannon Sharpe 89 Dwayne Carswell 86 Patrick Hape
                          88 Jeb Putzier
                          WR 87 Ed McCaffrey 85 Ashley Lelie 82 Adrian Madise
                          QB 16 Jake Plummer 11 Steve Beuerlein
                          RB 26 Clinton Portis 22 Quentin Griffin
                          FB 38 Mike Anderson 34 Reuben Droughns

Comment

As long as we got Portis...we're in good hands....

So that makes Q good to go if Portis goes down.

Comment

I think Griffin might be getting some playing time week 2 That's what they said on the mailbag on the DP

Comment

Working...
                              X