New Quentin Griffin Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More on Q

Whoever posted, "Okay it wasn't. Some guy named Jared Cooper. He defintely won't make it to the NFL." is incorrect. Jared Cooper plays for the Jags. He was all Big XII and started every game for the Jags in 2001. I'm not sure what happened the last two years. I think a lot of people will be surprised by Q, and comparing him to Sapp is hilarious. I saw Q in a scrimmage his JR. year absolutely knock Roy Williams flying on a safety blitz. Roy Williams is one of the best and most physical defensive players who has played college football; and I've watched a lot of college football for a long, long time. Griffin is the complete package. Is he better than Portis? Not as a rook, obviously, but to compare him (and his 1,800 yards rushing last year) to Cecil is laughable. We'll see, I'm an Oklahoma fan, and I've seen what this kid can do, and he is a special back. His weightlifting and strength numbers are mind-boggling.

Comment

Exactly

Just compare the combine scores and someone says he is not powerfull. Just because he is short does not mean he is NOT explosive and powerfull. You know the old saying (dynamite comes in small packages). Plus keep this in mind, he can bench press 400 lbs. that and his squat is absolutely crazy. I think that says you have to be powerfull.

Comment

We're all impressed Sapp ripped Seattle's 2nd and 3rd string in a completely meaningless pre season game. Our scrubs were better than theirs. WoooooHoooo! Despite that performance nobody picked him up. Whats the deal with dat?

I think being on the practice squad is a great opportunity for him.

Of course Shanahan cares about what players did in college. How do you think they get on the draft board? Their great auntie Henrietta writes a letter to the coach?

Comment

Yes

Atleast he is still participating in the system even if it is the practise squad, its better then nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
            God, you are all funny.

the CSU people want Cecil, the Okies want Q

As if the college they went to has anything to do with this.

FACT: Sapp is more of a power runner, Q is more of a speedy slasher

FACT: Sapp had a better preseason, and Q was injured

FACT: Q makes more MONEY, thus justifying his roster spot to Bowlen

FACT: Q is not as good as Portis, and if he wants to start, it will either be because of injury or a trade to another team. The same for Sapp, except he is futher down the depth chart than Q

FACT: Shannahan doesn't give a rats ass who did what in college against what type of comepetition. All any NFL coach cares about is performance. Sapp, so far, has outperformed Griffin.

I think Sapp got shafted, but ulimately, Griffin is a better fit for what Shannhan wants to do with running backs in the offense now. The philosphy changed a bit when Elway retired. Less betweeen the tackles, and more screens, outside stuff, and play action. He made his choice, and that is that.

Sorry for sounding so heavy handed today, I will try to be my usual funny self tomorrow. Maybe I just need coffee.

Exactly! Cecil did get shafted! Griffin probably deserved a spot on the team, but Cecil proved out on the field and in practice that he should be on the roster too. Why did the Broncos decide on having an extra linebacker insted of an extra RB? Cecil was supposed to be drafted in the 2nd-4th round, and now he can't make a team because the team wants another linebacker. Hmm.
            "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
            "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
            "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

- Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

Hello, Hello

If Cecil did better on the field don't you think he would have made the cut??????He would have gotten the roster spot and not Griffin. Apparently Griffin showed MORE on the practice field. Obviously they are going to pick who they think will offer the most for the team. Don't you think? I sure do. If I was the coach, I am going to pick who is the best for the team and fill that spot with the roster spot. So obviously, who did Coach Shanahan pick? Cecil or Griffin.........I think we know the choice. Except it and like it. Who is the head coach you or Shanahan and who has the experience as a head coach of a NFL football team? He had the eye to pick Portis, so don't you think he has plans for Griffin. He must have seen something and he well should have. Just wait tell he gets his shot to prove the disbelievers wrong and you will eat your words...........And I will laugh and laugh and laugh because then you will be saying ole man Griffin is awesome I knew he deserved that spot. So go Griffin and go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You all missed my point.

I think it was basically.....why are you argueing about 3rd string backs?

I still think combine performance is much more important than collge.

Didn;t mean to rile ya'll

Apparently both sides think I am for the opposite side.

How the hell did do that?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Look OklahomaSooners, I'm not saying that Griffin isn't deserving of the spot, but from what us as fans saw was no Griffin and mo' Sapp. Plus, how could Shanahan have plans for either of them? Portis is only 21! I'm not trying to make you think that I am some stuck up CSU fan who thinks we can win the Big 12. I'm just saying that Cecil proved his point and should've made the team.
                  "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                    You all missed my point.

I think it was basically.....why are you argueing about 3rd string backs?

I still think combine performance is much more important than collge.

Didn;t mean to rile ya'll

Apparently both sides think I am for the opposite side.

How the hell did do that?
                    Jared you just have a unique way of making everone think you are on their side. Have considered a career in politics?
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

It's all in the wording TX. I think Denver has a very deep talent in backs. If one was to go down, we bring in Sapp....so we're in great shape!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        Jared you just have a unique way of making everone think you are on their side. Have considered a career in politics?

Intersesting. Unfortunately I am disqualified for a couple of reasons:

I am honest

I have morals

I have common sense

So as you can see, I would make a terrible politician.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Precisely all the reasons that someone like yourself should be in politics. Every state and the nation need quality people.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Go Broncos!

Next up (The Raiders)

Comment

Broncos

Prediction:

Broncos - 24

Raiders - 17

Comment

Re: Broncos

Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
                                Prediction:

Broncos - 24

Raiders - 17
                                I thought this was "Quentin Griffin Information", not "Raiders Predictions"

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

Working...
                                X