Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of Lava
    replied
    I always did like "Max Q" . I never even seen him play before in OU but i just know he has some moves. Sooner or later, he will get used to the beating and learn how to avoid the big hit, i enjoy seeing the little guy out there. He is valuable for spot duty.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: Good posts

Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
    You guys make some very good points, maybe we will get to see "Q" TONIGHT and we will se how well he does. My bet is he is going to rock!

You got your wish, and he did well for the limited action he saw.

Leave a comment:

• OklahomaSooners
    replied
    Good posts

You guys make some very good points, maybe we will get to see "Q" TONIGHT and we will se how well he does. My bet is he is going to rock!
    Last edited by OklahomaSooners; 09-22-2003, 05:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Chubs_323
    I just think it was pretty lame to put Cecil on the practice squad and keep an extra LB. With Gold, Mobley and Wilson, I don't think we needed another backup.
    Chubbs,

Sapp does not play special teams as well as Sykes or Spragan that's why he is on the practice team. We don't need him as a running back at this time.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Chubs_323
    I just think it was pretty lame to put Cecil on the practice squad and keep an extra LB. With Gold, Mobley and Wilson, I don't think we needed another backup.
    Chubs come on. That was a smart move. What would have been the preverbial cutting off your nose to spite your face would have been if Sapp had not accepted the offer. The reason why is he would be sitting at home rather than learning how to play at the pro level. Sapp may be a good back, but in the opinion of Shanahan QG is better. No offense brother, but maybe its time to give this one a rest. The season is long and anything can happen.

Leave a comment:

• Chubs_323
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sKILLsAw
    replied
    Whether your a Q fan or Sapp fan or Portis fan or a Davis fan, the depth and quality of Bronco running backs over the last decade makes me prouder than a three pecker billy goat.I know this is a Q thread but I just had to throw that in there..................

Leave a comment:

• broncos_chick
    replied
    While the folks who talk of Griffin not having played in an NFL game yet do have a point, how is he supposed to get the experience if he given the chance to do so?

And yeah, I'm from Oklahoma, but that's not got a lot to do with my wanting to see him out there. I really believe that if he's given the opportunity, he'll prove his worth. I'm hopeful he'll get the op on Monday at some point.

Leave a comment:

• ddolak
    replied
    Teams usually don't cut their 4th round picks if they have any potential. Therefore the Broncs kept Q and put Sapp on the practice squad.

Sapp playing against Seattle's 2nd and 3rd stringers is a long way from proving you can play in the NFL. We never did get to see Q, so its hard to debate how each would fare in the NFL. Remember, 4th round pick vs. undrafted player battling for a roster spot usually leaves the 4th rounder on the team. Otherwise the club is admitting it made a bad draft pick and wasted it. (Not saying that Q was a bad pick btw)

Leave a comment:

• Chubs_323
    replied
    Re: Broncos

Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
    Prediction:

Broncos - 24

Raiders - 17
    I thought this was "Quentin Griffin Information", not "Raiders Predictions"

Leave a comment:

• OklahomaSooners
    replied
    Broncos

Prediction:

Broncos - 24

Raiders - 17

Leave a comment:

• OklahomaSooners
    replied
    Go Broncos!

Next up (The Raiders)

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Precisely all the reasons that someone like yourself should be in politics. Every state and the nation need quality people.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Jared you just have a unique way of making everone think you are on their side. Have considered a career in politics?

Intersesting. Unfortunately I am disqualified for a couple of reasons:

I am honest

I have morals

I have common sense

So as you can see, I would make a terrible politician.

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    It's all in the wording TX. I think Denver has a very deep talent in backs. If one was to go down, we bring in Sapp....so we're in great shape!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X