An average football team....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right on DDP32 i agree totally.
    The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

Originally posted by JHoward
      1. If we do not find some way to get at least 100 yards on the ground per game (not just one back getting 100 but all of them, Griff, Droughns, Bell, Hearst) we will not go deep in the play offs let alone the super bowl.
      2. And by the way, Tampa Bay does not have a good defense. Show me some numbers if you can prove otherwise.
      PTS YDS RUSH PASS
      1. OFFENSE 19.8 336.5 111.5 225.0

They got over 100 yards on the ground. 336 YDS isn't to bad. Problem is getting the short yards. RD should do that, Q will never be a "move the pile" type of back. Mike just isn't using RD right. Spread the D and use Q in the I and RD on short yardage and our O will improve a lot.

Rn YDS YPG Rus Rypg Pas Pypg Pts Ppg
      2. 6 Tampa Bay 1121 280.3 508 127.0 613 153.3 72 18.0

If 6th in the NFL isn't a good D, I don't know what more you want. Also they played Seattle and held them to 10 pts and Shaun Alexander to 50 yards. Sea Hawks have an amazing offense and RB and look what they did. Redskins won 16-10 and Clinton Portis got 130 yards or so, but 70 came off 1 play, so thats 60 yards a game minus 1 big play.

Q will be a great back, give him 1-3 more weeks. He is a rookie trying to run in the NFL with a rookie RT and a new LT. Takes a little time for all that to gel over.

JIM is the man!!

"Listen to the footsteps of those who have gone before you. They speak to you of honor and the importance of duty. They remind you of your traditions." Casper W. Weinberger

Comment

Originally posted by JHoward
        Lets get back to reality fellas, why couldnt John Elway win a super bowl? NO RUNNING GAME. T. Davis comes on the scene, back to back super bowl wins. I love Jake but 13 for 31 with 138 yards will not cut it! If we do not find some way to get at least 100 yards on the ground per game (not just one back getting 100 but all of them, Griff, Droughns, Bell, Hearst) we will not go deep in the play offs let alone the super bowl. Plummer cannot put up the passing yards that Elway did during those super bowl years. On numerous occasions Jake had guys open down field yesterday and just cant find a way to get them the ball. And by the way, Tampa Bay does not have a good defense. Show me some numbers if you can prove otherwise.

tampa bay doesnt have a good defense???!!!! YOU ARE AN IDIOT.Tampa Bay shut down the Seattle Seahawks to only 10 points and the Seahawks are a good offensive team.Sure Raiders put 30 points on them but Raider offense is getting a little better.Also the Patriots have a great defense and gave up 31 points to buffalo last year and lost 31 to 0!!so Tampa Bay is still a good defensive team

Comment

Working...
        X