Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Good game

Originally posted by Javalon
    Yes, good game. I was definitely worried about it being a dogfight in your backyard.

At least you guys have Pittman back. He should help your offense, assuming he avoids attacking his wife and kid with his car anymore. He needs to be ON the field to contribute.
    That is definitely a major question for me as well. If Pittman can keep clean from here on out, he'll be salvageable for the Bucs for now.

Comment

Re: Is it just me, or...

Originally posted by orangenblue420
      we really need to stop letting guys get back up and score TD's while we stand around with our thumbs up our butts?
      A co-worker told me today that in a post game interview Lynch said he would have been penalized for a hit if he had gone after the reciever. What if Lynch had just pushed him over with both hands? He'd have definitely made sure the play was over. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanInPA
        ...yes

...yes

...yes

...yes

...maybe

...maybe

...maybe

...baseball sucks

...most definately!!!
        Ditto.

Comment

heat and humidity too... being from the South I can say that it is like the parking lot in hell here alot of the time.
          My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

I may have to eat this in a couple weeks OB420, but GOOOOOOOO TWWWWWIIIIIIIIINNNNNSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Comment

If Lynch had ove leveled the guy he would have gotten fined for hitting a defensless reciever.

Griffin will be fine but I think that they have to get him to the outside a little more. I woudl love to see a few more swing passes for him or even split him out and see if a linebacker can keep up.

the Refs are the refs and eveyone will always complain.

the Chefs really do suck.

About the Yankees all i can say is "who's your Vladdy!"

Comment

Refs - <sigh> although not one Buc fan on their boards is blaming the refs for that pass interference call that got us to the 50 yard line. They saw it was for real. Other than that play I thought the refs did OK yesterday. Did I miss something?

Some Big O - I definately would like to see a 30+ scores on our side for sure!!!

Lynch - He did ease up and he truly thought the guy was still down. It was a mental error on his part for, as stated, at least not pushing him over. There might still be some love there. LOL. The fans greeted him in a great way before the game.

Lelie - Ashley is looking waaaaaaay much better this season. Finally coming of age. Jake just over shot him a couple of times.

Shanny - I thought the play calling at the end was much improved this week by keeping it on the ground. Watts made the only mistake by going out of bounds and Shanny kept faith in Q and kept handing him the rock. What a huge confidence builder.

Q - As long as he can stay healthy, I don't see any changes except perhaps using Droughns more in short yardage situations.

Chefs - LOL! If they do in fact lose tonight their road will be a long tough one but there is still time for them to rebound. I don't see it happening though.

Yankees - (insert puking smiley ) Go Bo Sox.

NFL Season - We wait so long for the season to start and already week 5 is coming up. 11 more to go. Unbelievable. So YES! It does go by so fast!
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Kudos to you and all the Buc fans. True class acts. The Bronco fans that went over to your boards were given an A+ by your fans and same goes to the Buc fans that came here. Another A+. Our two teams really have no problems with each being opposite conferences and all. But if for some reason we both meet in the Super Bowl some day, All bets are off!! LOL

Good Luck and whip those Saints!
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                    Kudos to you and all the Buc fans. True class acts. The Bronco fans that went over to your boards were given an A+ by your fans and same goes to the Buc fans that came here. Another A+. Our two teams really have no problems with each being opposite conferences and all. But if for some reason we both meet in the Super Bowl some day, All bets are off!! LOL

Good Luck and whip those Saints!
                    Clearly, until the game is said and done of course.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                      Ditto.
                      Ditto times 2.
                      sigpic

Comment

Observations on Q and our Running Game

How anyone can come away from yesterday's game in Tampa angry or upset is beyond me. I remember thinking last week (as a lot of people on here and on different sport shows stated how Tampa was going to be a walk in the park for Denver, a chance for Denver to get their running game on track) that they were either ignorant numbnuts or just way overly optimistic. When, in recent history, has Tampa not had a good defense? I know a lot of people were talking smack about their defense, but I definitely wasn't. Hell, people, Ian Gold and Derrick Brooks at LB? Simeon Rice at DE? We were playing AT Tampa, where the humidity was like 99%(obvious exaggeration), and we came away with a win, and we have people on here crying about our run game and Q?

Everyone, try to remember the game. If ever I was dissappointed in Shannahan's game plan, it was yesterday. I'm not saying I could do it better, or even have half the success he's had, I am just expressing dissappointment in his lack of faith in the run. Did you know that we had only 14 running plays in the first 3 quarters of play for roughly 35 yards(if what CBS showed during the game was correct)? People, I know you can say that it was due to lack of success, but I honestly think you are wrong. At one point Q had 6 carries for 15 yards, and although I realize that is not outstanding, running at a humid Tampa Bay against those LB's, I kinda expected that. What angered me the most was Shannahan running on one play, and then 4 or 5 straight pass plays. The reason we had less success with bootlegs was because we only ran Q on that run(the one we're supposed to be faking) once. Pretty soon the defence is going to realize, and they did, that when we run to the left outside, it is actually a bootleg. He finally buckled down and decided to run the ball in the 4th quarter, and Q did very admirably, as well as our O-line. I feel that had he came into Tampa with that mindset in the 1st three quarters, we would have beaten Tampa by more than 3, probably something like 10 or 13 points. STILL, we won and that is what counts. So Kudos to Shannahan, Kube, Oline, Q, Plummer, Special Teams, and most importantly DEFENSE, for getting us that win.

ON A SIDEBAR

I believe that due to Q's success against KC, alot of people on here began to view Q as another Portis or Barry. I mean, we all saw the great moves and the long runs and the numbers were impressive. However, we all need to keep things in perspective. Jacksonville has a good defense and when Q fumbled that ball, I believe his confidence level sunk to a all time low. He definitely had not completely recovered by the time we played SD. But I believe that getting the win against SD helped him and having that strong 4th quarter against TB has really helped him. Probably what will help him the most is receiving that game ball from the coaches for his performance against TB, especially in the 4th quarter. I look to see Q back to his KC self against Carolina. Now I'm not going to say 100+(even though that would not surprise me), but 80 - 90 due to Carolina's front four. I think beginning next week, we see a new Bronco offense.
                        Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                        Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                        Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Dies...I hope you're right.
                          I will concur, though, that his confidence was severely damaged.
                          Hopefully, that is behind him and he can look forward to the next game with a clear conscience.

Go Q!
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X