Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your breakout player last year and prediction this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your breakout player last year and prediction this year?

My pick for breakout player last year is Mario Haggan. Many didn't expect him to make the final roster and he ends up starting all 16 games and was a team captain. The year before Shanny signed him when the Bills cut him and didn't look all that great filling in for D.J. and Nate Webster so he gets my vote.

My pick this year is for either Knowshon or McBath. Knowshon because so many people dogged him last year even though he was the best rookie running back last year behind a line with interior problems, every other play he had to dodge people in the backfield. I expect great things from him this year. I also say McBath because he just looks like safety in the NFL is natural to him, I mean he even got Peyton! Only thing that is going to limit him and Dawkins and Hill starting over him but I really think he can push Hill for the job.

So what is everyone elses opinion?
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

My pick for this year is Eric decker. Thomas gets all the news but Decker just catches everything thrown his way. He will make a much bigger impact than most people expect, imo.
    sigpic

Comment

Does...

...Doom qualify for breaking out last yearOther than that...I sure hope the coach doesn't call too many runs to Knowshon so that he doesn't wear down but I like a rookie that surprises everyone tho too...wide receiver would be a great position to do that tho.:go:
      Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

I will go with McBath like you said. the guy is just a beast and I am excited to see him over the next 10 years for us. My offensive guy I am going to go with Walton on the line. He might not get much notice but I think he is going to be one of the best centers in the NFL for years to come. Even as a rookie I think he will have a major impact for how good of a year Moreno will have.

Last years breakout player in my mind beyond the obvious of DOOM was Haggan as well. The guy can play and I think he will be even better this year moving inside!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          My pick for this year is Eric decker. Thomas gets all the news but Decker just catches everything thrown his way. He will make a much bigger impact than most people expect, imo.
          Breakout players aren't usually considered rookies. But I agree w/ you about Decker making a big impact, I think he'll be the better WR of the 2 for some reason.

Comment

DT cause he has the skills the desire, is a great blocker, humble, and would not be surprised to see over 1000 yards and an average of 15+ per play
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I hope that Eddie Royal reappear this year. While I dont expect him to have a breakout season like his rookie year. He has to at least get one touchdown this season.

Comment

Last year I went bold and said Tyler Polumbus. He actually ended up playing and was pretty average.

This year I'm going with Alphonso Smith. I fully expect him to win the nickel corner job and play very well, and be starting with Perrish Cox in about 3 years.
                sigpic
                Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                  Last year I went bold and said Tyler Polumbus. He actually ended up playing and was pretty average.

This year I'm going with Alphonso Smith. I fully expect him to win the nickel corner job and play very well, and be starting with Perrish Cox in about 3 years.
                  I though that Polumbus did well last year for a backup tackle. I think he going to be the starting lt if Clady isnt 100% at the start of the season.

If Alphonso does well I hope he will push Goodman for a starting position next year. We have potentially good youth at the secondary to back up those greybeards.

Comment

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                    I hope that Eddie Royal reappear this year. While I dont expect him to have a breakout season like his rookie year. He has to at least get one touchdown this season.
                    Eddie Royal's my pick. I expect him to put up better numbers than his rookie year. I think Eddie will have at least 6 TDs this year.

There's no nickel corner in the league who can handle Eddie Royal. You know it. I know it. Orton knows it. McDaniels knows it. And that's why Eddie Royal's in the slot.

If one of the rookies shows up to have a decent season this year, and if Gaffney picks up anywhere near where he left off last year, then I believe we'll see Eddie Royal in the Pro Bowl. It's all about keeping the defenses honest. If we keep those defenses honest, then there's no stopping #19 this year. Especially if we're scheming to get him the ball.

Comment

I will say Robert Ayers. I've got a million reasons why, but the most important one is that he will be starting. I can't wait to see what he and the rest of that LB corps does.

sigpic

Comment

i think DT will be the break out season having the speed and being used as a top deep threat.

doom was the breakout player of the last yer
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Definitely Doom for last year. This year I say Brandon Lloyd will blow up and make some brilliant plays and get a lot of pt.
                          Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am going to go with D.J., don't get me wrong D.J. has been very good so far in his career, but I have a feeling with all that new beef up front he is going to not only show Broncos Country whats up but the rest of the league will finially give him the respect he deserves.
                            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

last year goes to 1st half of season it was kyle orton 2nd half gaffney
                              this year i say jarvis moss (i know rite but wat they say it sounds like he improved) or decker

Comment

Working...
                              X