Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your breakout player last year and prediction this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year i picked Elvis Dumervil to have a big time breakout season and i was correct... I said he would get 14.5 sacks and 5 FF.

I even started a thread about it: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=149892 Its pretty hilarious to look over if you get the chance haha.

Here is one from Japfaff

Honestly... He showed something rushing from the OLB position. But he is still weak in coverage. Dumm is going to struggle all year. I say 6 sacks, 0 ints and struggle all year agianst the run

This year i am picking Darcel Mcbath. I think Renaldo Hill stuggles this year and with a stud up and coming safety sitting behind him, i think Josh makes Darcel the starter by week 6. And when he does get his shot i think he immeaditly makes a huge impact.

He is a very complete player that is great in ever aspect of the game. We all saw what he could do against Peyton Manning when he got his 1st start. I cant wait to watch this kid tear it up for the next 5-10 years.
    Last edited by d-bronx42; 06-18-2010, 05:37 PM.

Comment

2009 - Elvis Dumervil (not a strong season in 2008, sack leader in 2009)

2010 - Jabar Gaffney (might be our #1 WR, knowledge of the offense, good rapport with Orton)
      sigpic

Comment

Last year Dumervile this year Eddie he's in th slot
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Even though he already had a breakout year once, I have to go with Royal on this one. Last year, he had a lot of competition for playing time, was learning a new offense, and had to adjust to a new qb. If he doesn't become a primary weapon in the offense this year, I think it's a colossal waste of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            2009 - Elvis Dumervil (not a strong season in 2008, sack leader in 2009)

2010 - Jabar Gaffney (might be our #1 WR, knowledge of the offense, good rapport with Orton)
            I really liked everyone's picks but I think Rod here hit the nail closest to the head. Gaffney is going to be Orton's main squeeze for a while until the new guys get into gear. (Look at week 17 last yr.) He has the ability to do it.

Last year my Breakout player would've been Peyton Hillis , lets hope my pick this year does a little better.... or at least gets playing time.

My breakout player this year (though he'll be a rookie) is J.D. Walton. 1st rookie center to start for us. 1st rookie center to make the pro-bowl for us. (hopes have to be high right?) And Denver will lead the league in between-the-tackles carries and yards. All signs point to yes for this kid, and I truly think he will be starting week 1.

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
              Last year i picked Elvis Dumervil to have a big time breakout season and i was correct... I said he would get 14.5 sacks and 5 FF.

I even started a thread about it: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=149892 Its pretty hilarious to look over if you get the chance haha.

Here is one from Japfaff

This year i am picking Darcel Mcbath. I think Renaldo Hill stuggles this year and with a stud up and coming safety sitting behind him, i think Josh makes Darcel the starter by week 6. And when he does get his shot i think he immeaditly makes a huge impact.

He is a very complete player that is great in ever aspect of the game. We all saw what he could do against Peyton Manning when he got his 1st start. I cant wait to watch this kid tear it up for the next 5-10 years.
              I didnt think that he could make the transition... So I was wrong... I am man enough to admit it.... But lets bring up my record prediction the past two years. Or the production on #27 or Ayers....

But anyways......I really dont see a breakout player on O.... But on D I like our Safeties. I see Bruton and McBath really doing some nice things back there. I can see McBath winning the job outright in camp, and Bruton making Dawkins expendable in the offseason
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

2009 - Check my sig. I cheated a little bit because I paid attention to previous seasons and know Doom had the potential to tear it up already. Plus I remember coming out of college people said he should play in the 3-4. Basically I put 1 and 1 together and knew it would make two....only hard thing I did was remember the 1 parts even though they were history.

2010 - Need more time. I wanna watch some preseason games and read more. When time comes to pick a bronco to adopt that will be my pick. If someone forced me to pick now, would probably take Jabar Gaffney. He looked good in parts all year and looked amazing during the KC game. I think he has the skillset and knowledge to really succeed in this offense assuming he plays with a good QB.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

2009- Breakout player would be Elvis Dumervil. Led the NFL in sacks. Nobody predicted this.

2010- I'll go out on a limb and say Perrish Cox. Everytime I read an article about OTA's this guy had his hands on the ball. He might be someone to watch on special teams too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Breakout

Alphonso Smith is my guy. I think he works his way to a starting role over Goodman and has a great year. I was one of the few people that liked going after him, now I need him to make me feel good about that, haha.

Ayers would be my other choice. I hate these players that are one year wonders in college but I really watched him play last year and I think he might just be a great player.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                      Definitely Doom for last year. This year I say Brandon Lloyd will blow up and make some brilliant plays and get a lot of pt.
                      Not to bring up an old thread, but I sure as hell got this one right!!!

Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X