Quinn Vs Orton (Week 2, 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
    Gawd, I can't wait for football to start again...
    I am with you man.

Having all these redundant threads, personal jabs and regurgitated posts has made me a cranky s.o.b.. So if I offended anyone, (especially you neckbeard since I am critical on how I see things), I apologize.

I am just an impatient person and anxious for football season to begin.

Anyhow, to everyone because the season is just about upon us.

Comment

Don't worry, I have a pretty think skin.

I only get annoyed when certain posters just toss out a "fail" or "lol" in response to something. It's just childish and adds NOTHING. This is a DISCUSSION BOARD for the Denver Broncos. Some of us actually want a discussion. We're not teenage girls texting our friends on the school bus...
      "That's a crap question."
      - Kyle Orton

Comment

Yes, ...

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
        Obviously training camp and preseason are where these things will really be hashed out, I was just relaying what's been reported. And I'm not going to try and find links for stuff that's over a month old, sorry.
        ... it is obvious as are other things:
        • ~Offseason practices (i.e., OTAs, mini-camps, passing camps, etc.) are organized and structured for the coaches to see if the players can execute what was chalked up in the meeting rooms;
          ~Reporters have no idea what the purpose of each drill is or if the outcome they see is the desired one or not. What may look like a great play may not be what was intended;
          ~All these offseason activities are videoed, broken down and discussed by the coaching staff;
          ~Reporters are not made privy to specific observations of the coaches in these meetings except in the most general, superficial and non-specific terms when they ask the HC on the fly or in a press conference;
          ~In football, there is a huge difference between offseason activities in shorts, and preseason practice/TC in full gear with full contact;
          ~Conclusions based on uninformed reports of off season activities are not a valid basis for the projected roster or depth chart.
        Last edited by samparnell; 07-27-2010, 06:57 AM.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          ... it is obvious as are other things:
          • ~Offseason practices (i.e., OTAs, mini-camps, passing camps, etc.) are organized and structured for the coaches to see if the players can execute what was chalked up in the meeting rooms;
            ~Reporters have no idea what the purpose of each drill is or if the outcome they see is the desired one or not. What may look like a great play may not be what was intended;
            ~All these offseason activities are videoed, broken down and discussed by the coaching staff;
            ~Reporters are not made privy to specific observations of the coaches in these meetings except in the most general, superficial and non-specific terms when they ask the HC on the fly or in a press conference;
            ~In football, there is a huge difference between offseason activities in shorts, and preseason practice/TC in full gear with full contact;
            ~Conclusions based on uninformed reports of off season activities are not a valid basis for the projected roster or depth chart.
          I wish more people would realize this.....

One VERY basic reason for TC, is the simple fact that a human being learns more from failure than success, not every situation is designed to be a failure, but the fair share are early. The full pad practices are to repeat success, the drills are to LEARN...

There are times where the Defense is TOLD the play in the huddle, to see if the QB will make the right decision. Say for instance where the morning meetings were about making all the reads and then pulling the ball down. The vidio is there to breakdown, and see if the reads were being made, and the progressions were done properly, and then see what the QB does, maintaining body possition and footwork through the entire play, not just the first half. The lesson was in what didn't happen, rather than what "could have"

TC isn't about beating the defense, or beathing the offense, or star plays, it's about putting people in situations that you just spent HOURS talking about, to see if you are paying attention, and can install what they just talked about.

yet the fans and reporters disect it like it's a playoff two minute drill. A guy could have done EXACTLY what he was taught, and look like a fool to the average guy.

Likewise the "best play" of the day, could be EXACTLY what the coaches where preaching against, and a mistake that it even worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
            Let's look at San Diego's opponents a few weeks after the Browns game and see how their opposing QB's did.

Tony Romo 19/30 249 Yards 2 TD's
            Carson Palmer 27/40 314 Yards 2 TD's 1 INT

Poor Outing by Vince Young followed by

Jason Campbell 28/42 281 Yards 2 TD's

So, yea, they didn't do a very good job stopping QB's.
            Brady Quinn's performance was more impressive than those. Not to mention Tony Romo and Carson Palmer are both considered two of the best QB's in the NFL (Carson before his injury was almost THE best QB in the leugue).

Comment

Working...
            X