Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinn Vs Orton (Week 2, 2009)

Hey guys,

I am currently watching the weeks 2 game from last season, Browns Vs Broncos so I can take a good look at Quinn. Coming to the end of the third I can't see any reason Quinn can't be a real threat to Ortons starting job.

Upto yet he's made good, accurate throws with plently of zip and the only thing noticeable is the lack of talent around him. He has made one throw which was behind the receiver (but it seems the pass was deflected) but Ortons' made one of two questionable throws too. He also looks alot more mobile than Orton.

Going into half time he was 8/12 and Orton was 11/27.

I'm not claiming to be a football genius but am calling it how I see it and maybe someone with greater knowledge will put me straight but Quinn looks good.

I like Orton by the way so this is no Kyle-bashing thread.

Right..........4th quarter here I come.
    GO BRONCOS!!

You watched three quarters of one pre-season game, when Orton was in a brand new system and had his bone sticking out of his index finger on his throwing hand, and this is the basis for your prognostication that Quinn will supplant Orton as the starter?

Really?

Really?

Comment

Pre-season? Erm........no................Regular season.

And its more about Quinn, not Orton.

And i never said he would supplant Orton, just that I see no reason why he can't be very strong competition
      GO BRONCOS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin View Post
        You watched three quarters of one pre-season game, when Orton was in a brand new system and had his bone sticking out of his index finger on his throwing hand, and this is the basis for your prognostication that Quinn will supplant Orton as the starter?

Really?

Really?
        Really?

Really?

Read the post he said week two.

Comment

Not to split hairs, but Quinn DID throw a pick and fumble away another ball in that game. Kyle did neither. So just what looks so good about Quinn?

He's accurate? Quinn had a completion rate of 58.1% in that game, well above his season average of 53.1%.

Zip on his passes? That's a subjective evaluation that we could argue to death and never resolve. Besides, Kyle has been credited with the same thing lots of times.

More "mobile?" Quinn WAS sacked, not Kyle...
          "That's a crap question."
          - Kyle Orton

Comment

Elvis Dumervil was constantly pressuring Quinn that entire game, the Browns O-line was horrible all season. I don't really think there is any film you can watch where you see the real Brady Quinn.

I think he can compete as well, but Orton still remains the most likely to start. Quinn has a much better physical skill set than Orton, so if he gets the mental aspect down I think he could be very good in our system.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
              Elvis Dumervil was constantly pressuring Quinn that entire game, the Browns O-line was horrible all season. I don't really think there is any film you can watch where you see the real Brady Quinn.
              So there is no NFL game film available to evaluate Quinn by? How convenient...

I think he can compete as well, but Orton still remains the most likely to start. Quinn has a much better physical skill set than Orton, so if he gets the mental aspect down I think he could be very good in our system.
              I think Quinn was over-rated simply because he was a Notre Dame QB. As an independent school with it's own independent national TV contract, it is very easy for Notre Dame to arrange a "powderpuff" schedule for themselves every year. Quinn was never tested at South Bend. In Cleveland he WAS tested, and he fell short...
              - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                I'm just saying he hasn't had a fair chance to prove himself in the NFL. No one could succeed in the career killer that is also known as Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard
                  I'm just saying he hasn't had a fair chance to prove himself in the NFL. No one could succeed in the career killer that is also known as Cleveland.
                  Yet Derek Anderson managed to have a Pro Bowl year on the very same team?
                  - Kyle Orton

Comment

That is precisely his point.

Comment

Hows he been doing since that fluke season?

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                        He was claiming NO ONE could succeed in Cleveland. Yet Derek Anderson threw 29 TDs and ran in another 3 as the Browns went 10-6 that year, just barely getting edged out of the division title by the Steelers.

Stop blaming the team, Quinn just wasn't very good...
                        - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                          not even just that....that wasn't the EXACT same team, as the team Brady has played with since...

Comment

One could say that Quinn was presented with his opportunity and didn't perform to expectations.

Personally I think when you're in a perpetual QB competition and the head coach is not only a revolving door but ambivalent and almost indifferent to who starts the game at QB...

...you haven't been amply presented with an opportunity to better your own career.
                            Last edited by DishWater; 06-25-2010, 06:21 PM.

Comment

When Derek Anderson made the Pro Bowl, the Browns had Jamal Lewis running for 1300 yards, Braylon Edwards playing at a high level, Kellen Winslow at tight end and Joe Jurevicius as a tall, reliable #2 receiver.

Brady Quinn only started 3 games in the Romeo Crennel system and then the Browns decided to rebuild... Again.

Still, Brady Quinn has issues to fix. He is just 25 years old and now there will be no pressure for him to perform right away.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X