What will happen to Brady Quinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen to Brady Quinn

What will happen to Brady Quinn? In my take the Denver Broncos got Brady Quinn before the draft because of insurance in case they could not land Tebow. I think Tebow being assigned to the scout team and not playing right away also working with his idol John Elway who he modeled his game after would help him tremendously.

If orton gets hurt early in the season, we'll probably use brady. I dont think tebow will be ready to run the offense till 3/4ths through the year. I think that's the only way brady will see the field.

Either orton will perform well enough to keep his job for the year, or hell get replaced by tebow late in the season, pushing brady to 3rd in the depth chart till we get rid of orton (who would be 2nd because he knows the offense a lot better). Then Brady would be back to 2nd string with tebow starting

My gut feeling is that well see orton all year and brady being 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart is pointless since he wont see the field

Comment

Originally posted by tebowgirl15 View Post
      What will happen to Brady Quinn? In my take the Denver Broncos got Brady Quinn before the draft because of insurance in case they could not land Tebow. I think Tebow being assigned to the scout team and not playing right away also working with his idol John Elway who he modeled his game after would help him tremendously.
      Barring an equally or more talented replacement, I think we try to keep him.

It never hurts to have quality depth.

Comment

I don't think he's going anywhere. In fact I'm thinking he has a good chance to start. I don't dislike Orton and I think it will be a toss up between the two. Orton knows the system and has a year advantage. Quinn was drafted by a team where quarterbacks go to die. The last quarterback of relevance in the Browns system was Bernie Kosar. Ouch! I never liked the Tebow pick and still don't think he will make it in the NFL as a QB, but he is a Bronco so I'm pulling for him. Go Quinn!
        Last edited by thinkin101; 07-20-2010, 06:15 PM.
        sigpic

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

Comment

I think we all find out in about a month. I'm expecting Orton #1, Quinn #2, Tebow #3. Next year it very well might be different, that will depend on this year's play and development.
          sigpic

Comment

Hopefully he starts.

But this is just my inane opinion.

Comment

#1 Orton
              #2 Tebow so he can make the short yardage/red zone plays
              #3 Quinn if Orton gets hurt Quinn goes to #1 the next game

I think we need all three, at least this year.

Comment

I think we're pretty set at qb right now. We may not have Manning... but we've got a young Orton(he's only a few months older then Cutler), we've got a developing and promising Quinn(who I think is getting his chance by getting out of Clev) and we've got a promising Tebow.

I like our future.

The end.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

who knows, i like the idea that quinn was draft insurance, but i also see quinn having a legitimate shot at having a year to himself - i see this because for some reason i do not sense that McD's job is in danger for a few years.

Tebow will get 1st class grooming and treatment, and is the prince and heir to the throne. That being said, I think Bowlen possibly may have learned from the Cutler experience and let Tebow develop.

All he needs to do is look at the Bears; no matter how much talent they surround Cutler with, he'll find a way to shrug his shoulders and duck-jog away from his crap throws, blaming everything except himself along the way. (yea i had hopes for that guy, still pretty mad about that)

So maybe to interest myself more, I'll say Orton thru 10 games, Quinn to end the season, Quinn vs. Tebow for next year's training camp
                  sigpic

Comment

Too many variables to say what will happen for sure. For this coming year I would imagine Quinn will be a gameday inactive and the emergency 3rd QB, unless Orton is out for a particular game, in which case Quinn would be the starter. Tebow will go through the year as the backup active QB on gamedays. Beyond this year, it is more or less open competition between Quinn and Tebow. Anything could happen, from Quinn becoming our long-term starter, to getting cut after a couple years. Having 3 young QB's who all show decent potential to improve is a great situation to be in.
                    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

What I think is interesting about all this is that everyone in curious about how three good QBs are going to fall. Shouldn't we just be elated that there is so much potential in the depth of this position that we shouldn't have to fret? As far as I'm concerned it's all about the win. Does it really matter who as long as it happens? And how are each of these boys compatible with the receiving corps? Orton knows the drill and has a relationship with those who have to carry/catch the ball. Which is ultimately who puts the points on the board. Not to mention a relationship with the oline who is already willing to protect his ass. Are they ready to believe in tebow or Quinn? Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        I think we're pretty set at qb right now. We may not have Manning... but we've got a young Orton(he's only a few months older then Cutler), we've got a developing and promising Quinn(who I think is getting his chance by getting out of Clev) and we've got a promising Tebow.

I like our future.

The end.
                        Unfortunately, I don't think he'll get a chance here because McD is too in love with Tebow.

I personally think Quinn has the most upside of all 3 of our QBs. I think he has a better chance of having a good NFL career than Tebow.

Comment

Originally posted by I Eat Staples View Post
                          Unfortunately, I don't think he'll get a chance here because McD is too in love with Tebow.

I personally think Quinn has the most upside of all 3 of our QBs. I think he has a better chance of having a good NFL career than Tebow.
                          Well we all know how love can be blind. And I am insinuating in your post that you are over the crush mcD has for tebow. But he would not have taken Quinn if he didn't see potential in him. If he was truly blind in his aqusition of tebow he wouldn't have pulled Quinn on board b/c he thought tebow could do it all. Obviously not. He sees much more in Quinn than is given credit. It's the tebow hype that's skewing everyones perspective

Comment

Given the type of Offense McDaniels is likely to continue to build from, Quinn is a good candidate to perform well, given the history.

Wether Denver drafted Tebow or not, Quinn was brought here to push Orton for the starting QB position. It's good for Kyle, and the Offense. Kyle is the incumbant starter, but his job is not exactly secure. Quinn will be the backup QB unless he can outperform Orton, in which case he'll start.

Baring unforseen injuries, there is no reason to rush Tebow's development (especially if his mechanics are suspect). With TWO proven starters ahead of him, he isn't likely to see much field time beyond a few gimicks and maybe some 'garbage time' appearances. Granted, Tim will learn as much or more in-game, but McDaniels and the Broncos would be crazy to hang the hopes of their season on his learning curve if they don't have to.

I'm not sure Brady Quinn would relish the idea of playing backup for another year or two, Kyle even less so. So much beyond this coming season, it's too difficult to predict what Quinn will want to do if he ins't starting for Denver. It's likely there will be a few teams out there who'll want a better QB then the ones they end the season with. That much is certain.

Comment

Here is one ...

Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
                              What I think is interesting about all this is that everyone in curious about how three good QBs are going to fall. Shouldn't we just be elated that there is so much potential in the depth of this position that we shouldn't have to fret? As far as I'm concerned it's all about the win. Does it really matter who as long as it happens? And how are each of these boys compatible with the receiving corps? Orton knows the drill and has a relationship with those who have to carry/catch the ball. Which is ultimately who puts the points on the board. Not to mention a relationship with the oline who is already willing to protect his ass. Are they ready to believe in tebow or Quinn? Hmmm
                              ... of a number of possible scenarios:

2010 Orton starts, Tebow in specials, Quinn backup.

2011 Quinn starts, Tebow backup and specials.

2012 Tebow starts, Quinn or ? is backup.
                              Last edited by samparnell; 07-20-2010, 08:39 PM.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X