Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posters When and why did you become a fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posters When and why did you become a fan?

I'm sure this may have been a thread in the past but it seems some of us are having a rough time as of late deciphering which of us are true bronco fans and who isn't true fans. Well what defines a true fan? We won't know but to get insight on some postefs maybe it might help to know when and why they became a bronco fan. So why not settle this with a thread we can always come back to for future references.

So what I'm suggesting is that every poster come in and say when and why they became a bronco fan. That should put to rest doubts in our minds that we may have about some of our fans. To me it doesn't really matter when or why you are a fan of the team or how long a person remains part of the team.

Me personally I will always root for us until I simply can't anymore either I'm not breathing (please no time soon on that.) Or if the team just didn't exist anymore. (Please no time soon on this either.)

So anyways I've talked enough I'll start and the rest of you can follow. We can always come back to this for future references should we all get back into wondering if a poster is a true fan of the team or of a certain player.

Year 1995 I was 9 and at the time was finally bonding with my dad who is a diehard raider fan. Well he loves football and I wasn't too much into it but the raiders played the broncos. I saw Elway and my dad trashed him bad but even kind of late in his career the guy had a cannon and I really enjoyed watching the guy play the game. It was exciting for me cause lets face it a lot of three and outs with no one scoring might make a kid get restless and say this is stupid or something lol.

Anyways he made the sport at least to me fun to watch and much to the displeasure of my dad I have always been a bronco fan when he tried hard to get me to like the raiders. Granted I was spoiled early since watching the team with them winning championships not long after I became a fan. Its been a long ride but a fun ride 16 years of watching the broncos.

Broncoyearound
    Reason for becoming a fan: John Elway
    Years following the broncos: 16 and counting
    ^^^^^^
    My resume what's yours? I'm interested to see who on this board has followed this team the longest since the AFL days if there is a poster. I will cp that person cause that's a lot of years supporting the guys.

If this thread has been brought up too much or recently mods please feel free to delete it. Didn't search for it at work and really tired so I was lazy lol.
    :go:

i've been a bronco fan for over 25 years my dad was a bronco fan and when i was 7 he bought me my first john elway shirt and i still have it.a couple years later he started watching the packers but i stayed a bronco fan i'm so much a fan that when i play madden football on my ps3 i cant even play any other team or if i cant be the bronco's i just wont play.

Comment

I grew up in Aurora, CO and have always been a Bronco fan. My whole family is from TX so I have always had a soft spot for the 'Boys, but am first and foremost a Bronco fan for all 26 years of my life (I guess you could say I've been a fan for 22 years since you can't form memories until you're around 4 years old methinks).

Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
      sigpic

Comment

Became a fan during "the drive", I was 8 years old watching that game in a house full of Browns fans, I hated the Browns and wanted to find my own team and while I was watching Elway's heroics I knew that was the man and that was my team.

Been die-hard ever since!

Comment

I am from a small town in New Mexico very near the Colorado boarder, and have always loved Colorado. When I was a small child pretty much everyone I knew was a Cowboys fan. I didn't like the Cowboys for that reason, and when the Broncos drafted Elway, I remember my mom saying he was "handsome". So not wanting to like the team that everyone else did and my mom liking the Broncos (even if it was for a silly reason) lead me to start watching and becoming a fan. I "cut my teeth" during the years when the Broncos were good enough to make the big game only to get dusted in the SB. I remember crying when they would lose like my life was over. As a kid I loved hearing all the stories about rabid Bronco fans painting their houses orange and blue for the SB and crazy things like that. Attended my first Bronco game in 1993, and I am very grateful to say that I got to see the great one in action. After all the seemingly devestating losses in the SB, getting to witness a victory in 1997 still goes down as one of the top ten greatest days in my life!

Basically, I have been a Bronco fan pretty much as long as I can remember being interested in football. I am definitely a "fanatic", I watch and enjoy many other sports, but none of them compare even remotely to Broncos Football

Fan for 27 years....and counting

Comment

I became a fan when I was 9, in 2002, because I liked our jerseys. Been a fan ever since and always will be.

And yeah, I'm younger than most of you it would seem. :thumb:

Comment

I have an interesting story here. I started watching football around 1996, when I was 6. I was more interested in the players than the teams. My dad is a Giants fan, my brother is a Giants fan, my mom is a Jets fan. My dad got me interested in Lawrence Taylor, and I still like him. However I was a fan of the Giants. Then, my parents showed me Brett Favre, and I was a packers guy, and I still root for him, unless he is playing Denver.
              In 1996/97, my dad gave me a video about John Elway. I kept watching it, and I loved the guy. I still wasn't an every-Sunday watcher, but I can't really remember. Then, Denver got those new uniforms, and I thought they were awesome. I continued to watch Denver, and came to love Ed MacCaffrey, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, and BIll Romanowski. Then boom, they won the superbowl, and then another. It was hard for me to root against Favre, but I did.
              However, Kurt Warner came to St. Louis, and they immediately came to my #2 team, I love how a humble guy can just become great. The Rams won the SB, and I was a supporter. I still loved Denver. However, 2001-2005ish I did not watch a lot of football, what was wrong with me? I was too busy playing Madden. I always played as Denver, and I never won the Superbowl until this past January.
              2006, I returned to watching football, and I wish I did it sooner. That's where I am today, although I fervently support Denver, almost fanatically. Unfortunately, in the NY market at home, and the New England market at Holy Cross, I don't get the Denver games unless they are in the market or at night. That doesn't stop me from using my laptop though, I look at the score all the time.
              sigpic

Comment

I was young and needed the money.......

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
                  I was young and needed the money.......
                  I will admit - I laughed.....

Came to follow Tebow and will pull for Broncos whether he plays or not. I am what I am.
                  sigpic

Comment

Read my sig ...... :paper::thumb:
                    Been in love with the Broncos since 1960!
                    sigpic
                    I was 9 years old .... I hear the thunder again!

Tebow Army number 69
                    Adoptees: thatkidhunt, Peanut, CanDB, Gatorgirl (so far)

Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                      I will admit - I laughed.....

Came to follow Tebow and will pull for Broncos whether he plays or not. I am what I am.
                      Welcome! Hope you stick!
                      Been in love with the Broncos since 1960!
                      sigpic
                      I was 9 years old .... I hear the thunder again!

Tebow Army number 69
                      Adoptees: thatkidhunt, Peanut, CanDB, Gatorgirl (so far)

Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Well growing up in Kansas City I hated the Chiefs because my parents were diehard fans. We played the Broncos a lot and I loved Terrell Davis because he dominated the Chiefs everytime we watched. And I'm not gonna lie I jumped on the bandwagon when I was 6 in 1997 when they won the superbowl. Been a fan for 13 years ever since!
                        sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

To me a fan is a fan regardless of whether they've been there from the beginning or if they just jumped onboard.

We moved to Longmont, CO in 1974 when I was 12. I didn't really know much about football back then let alone the NFL coming from Lexington, KY where it is nothing but UK basketball.

I was born in Cincinnati, OH in 1962 but the Bengals weren't born until 1968. Back then it was nothing but the Reds. By then we had moved to Kentucky. I support and love the Bengals as my second team.

Once I was introduced to the local Broncos in those early 70's, I was intrigued by the league. Started educating myself about the game of football. Then experienced that Raider victory in the AFCC to put us in the Super Bowl for the first time ever in 1977, the excitement level bar raised and become a member of this franchise permanently.

I have followed and loved this team through thick and thin.

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Been a fan for the last 25 years for 2 simple words JOHN ELWAY!!!!!!! I live in Chiefs territory, and I loved watching Elway make all my family cry lol

Comment

My family moved to Colorado in 1976, when I was only 2 or 3. While I can't say I remember much from those early days (including the Orange Crush and 1977 Superbowl team), I do vividly remember seeing Lyle Alzado walking through Stapleton Airport in Denver. He was a giant bear of a man, made even more so by the full-length fur coat he was wearing (hey, it was the 70's). I remember recognizing him and pointing him out to my parents as he walked toward us on the concourse. Alzado saw me and stopped to shake my hand. It was probably one of my earliest of all childhood memories, not just associated with the Broncos.

Considering he was traded away in 1979 and how I recognized him that day in the airport, I can logically determine I became a Broncos fan sometime between 1976 and 1979 (from age 2 to 6). I have been one ever since. Now living in Phoenix, AZ and in my mid-to-late-30's (what!?!?!), I still never miss a game - thanks to DirecTV! The team has been a significant piece of my life, the thing I look forward to watching every week. From early August to early February (hopefully), every Sunday is a holiday celebration.

Comment

Working...
                              X