Sometimes McD gets it right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
    Rookie hazing has taken place in the NFL ever since I can remember. It’s a rite of passage that every rookie player goes through. Dez thinking he is above it all does make him a diva and I hope his teammates have something special in store for him. I personally am more than happy that we passed on this kid.

Marshall produced and where did that get the team?
    There's no point in arguing with people who say absurd statements such as this. If you think Marshall held us back, continue thinking that. I guess you don't understand the concept of good player, bad team. Or in this case, average team.

If Steven Jackson produces and the Rams suck, I suppose you'll blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
      You miss the point entirely.....It's not about ability, it's about tradition, good humored hazing, and becoming "one of the guys". It's just a little thing that says "Hey, I know I am the new guy, I will take my licks like a man so I can become a member of the club"......IMO for him to shun this seemingly innocuous act speaks VOLUMES about his character.

And that little bit I highlighted of your quote, is EXACTLY what is wrong with Dez's attitude......T.O. has the same attitude, seems like it hasn't worked out that great for him either......
      The missing component in my mind is humility. This act smacks of a sense of entitlement. . . that Dez is above it all. Whether or not Dez is a better player than Roy is irrelevant. Its a matter of showing respect and appreciation to the vets. I hope Dez is prepared to never have anyone carry his shoulder pads.

I see guys like Tebow, Moreno, Royal, etc carrying playbooks, helmets, shoulder pads, etc in their rookie years. I see our rookies last year going through the "mud hole" fumble drill hazing. I see them getting jacked up haircuts. All of that is good-natured fun and builds camaraderie. It also shows a willingness to laugh at yourself and pay your dues.

This was bad judgment on Dez's part. We'll see how this plays out and how long it takes before Dez is carrying shoulder pads and issuing a statement that he "made an error in judgment". At least he brought the right shoes to practice!
      Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by I Eat Staples View Post
        There's no point in arguing with people who say absurd statements such as this. If you think Marshall held us back, continue thinking that. I guess you don't understand the concept of good player, bad team. Or in this case, average team.

Steven Jackson has not been a constant distraction to his team.
        Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Really? I'm under the impression that he might make the HOF.
          How is HoF bound = winning superbowls? Oh wait it isn't. How many superbowls does TO or Moss have? Yea about that.

Also who says he's better than roy? Roy is a decent receiver and has proved it. He's not amazing but is good. Bryant hasn't even played one snap and got suspended a whole year before. I'm sure everyone thought jamarcuss fail was going to be really good too right? There are no busts in this league right?

Fail post is fail.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            ... as if Josh McDaniels and Co. have developed a method for finding the type of player they want and avoiding the type they don't.

They pass on Dez Bryant, but later on draft Perrish Cox, a teammate of his (who also was suspended). Interesting then, now and, perhaps, later on as well.
            Kind of a different comparison though.

The gamble on Cox in the fifth round as opposed to Bryant in the first is significantly less, at least in my eyes.

Anyways, I'm stoked with Thomas > Bryant and love that we got Cox. He's a baller.

Comment

Talk about an absurd statement...of course he held us back, with his attitude. Why do you think he was traded even though he is a top 5 talent? When your own teammates are calling for you to be benched, that is the epitome of holding your team back.

You are correct about one thing though. Its pointless to argue with people who are oblivious to the concept of the word team.
              sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by Pratama View Post
                The missing component in my mind is humility. This act smacks of a sense of entitlement. . . that Dez is above it all. Whether or not Dez is a better player than Roy is irrelevant. Its a matter of showing respect and appreciation to the vets. I hope Dez is prepared to never have anyone carry his shoulder pads.

I see guys like Tebow, Moreno, Royal, etc carrying playbooks, helmets, shoulder pads, etc in their rookie years. I see our rookies last year going through the "mud hole" fumble drill hazing. I see them getting jacked up haircuts. All of that is good-natured fun and builds camaraderie. It also shows a willingness to laugh at yourself and pay your dues.

This was bad judgment on Dez's part. We'll see how this plays out and how long it takes before Dez is carrying shoulder pads and issuing a statement that he "made an error in judgment". At least he brought the right shoes to practice!
                ^^ This ^^

He has violated the unwritten law and made a negative impression in his locker room.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

McDaniels did say Dez was on his board, they just had Thomas rated higher.. I think "potentially" Demaryius could be better then Dez.

I wanted Dez, but i'm not mad we didnt get him, we got two of the better WR prospects in the draft.. Demaryius has the potential to be an elite WR in the NFL, and Decker is one of the more polished WR's from the draft, more polished then Thomas.

It is funny Dez wont even do the rookie traditions, picking up the pads, helmets, buying breakfast, etc..
                  Last edited by ERoyal248; 07-26-2010, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                    How is HoF bound = winning superbowls? Oh wait it isn't. How many superbowls does TO or Moss have? Yea about that.

Also who says he's better than roy? Roy is a decent receiver and has proved it. He's not amazing but is good. Bryant hasn't even played one snap and got suspended a whole year before. I'm sure everyone thought jamarcuss fail was going to be really good too right? There are no busts in this league right?

Fail post is fail.
                    I don't remember discussing superbowls, but since you want to use that as part of your pathetically weak argument, I'll enlighten you.

News flash: receivers don't lead their teams to superbowls. QBs do. HB is another position that can dominate a game, ie. TD for us. A receiver cannot dominate a game. If they're putting up big numbers, their QB is more than likely dominating the game. Fitzgerald in the Cards superbowl run dominated games in a way no other receiver had, which is why it was so special. But even then, he didn't lead his team to a superbowl win, because a receiver can't win a game by himself.

As for Roy, his career has crashed and burned since coming to Dallas. He'll be competing with Patrick Crayton to be the #3 wideout this year. Bryant and Austin will both have better years.

Talk about an absurd statement...of course he held us back, with his attitude. Why do you think he was traded even though he is a top 5 talent? When your own teammates are calling for you to be benched, that is the epitome of holding your team back.

You are correct about one thing though. Its pointless to argue with people who are oblivious to the concept of the word team.
                    It's you who doesn't understand team. Look it up.

A team is a collection of individual persons forming one larger unit, ie. a football team. To best benefit the team, each individual player plays their best. Marshall did his part, he performed. Don't blame him for other players' shortcomings.

Comment

I don't remember discussing superbowls, but since you want to use that as part of your pathetically weak argument, I'll enlighten you.

News flash: receivers don't lead their teams to superbowls. QBs do. HB is another position that can dominate a game, ie. TD for us. A receiver cannot dominate a game. If they're putting up big numbers, their QB is more than likely dominating the game. Fitzgerald in the Cards superbowl run dominated games in a way no other receiver had, which is why it was so special. But even then, he didn't lead his team to a superbowl win, because a receiver can't win a game by himself.

As for Roy, his career has crashed and burned since coming to Dallas. He'll be competing with Patrick Crayton to be the #3 wideout this year. Bryant and Austin will both have better years.

It's you who doesn't understand team. Look it up.

A team is a collection of individual persons forming one larger unit, ie. a football team. To best benefit the team, each individual player plays their best. Marshall did his part, he performed. Don't blame him for other players' shortcomings.
                      Since you still don't seem to get it, let me go ahead and expand on the definition of team for you.

"A group in itself does not necessarily constitute a team. Teams normally have members with complementary skills and generate synergy through a coordinated effort which allows each member to maximize his or her strengths and minimize his or her weaknesses. Team members need to learn how to help one another, help other team members realize their true potential, and create an environment that allows everyone to go beyond their limitations."

Ask yourself a question while you blindly define Brandon Marshall as a team player. Was Marshall playing for the team or was he playing for Brandon Marshall? Dez Bryant, imo, is the same type of player as Marshall.
                      Last edited by DarkHorse26; 07-26-2010, 11:49 AM.
                      sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post
                        Why don't you keep this in you signature and talk to me in week 17 when Dez is over 1000 yards easy?
                        Cowboys won't even make it through the first playoff game they play. Put that in your signature.
                        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Since you still don't seem to get it, let me go ahead and expand on the definition of team for you.

"A group in itself does not necessarily constitute a team. Teams normally have members with complementary skills and generate synergy through a coordinated effort which allows each member to maximize his or her strengths and minimize his or her weaknesses. Team members need to learn how to help one another, help other team members realize their true potential, and create an environment that allows everyone to go beyond their limitations."

Ask yourself a question while you blindly define Brandon Marshall as a team player. Was Marshall playing for the team or was he playing for Brandon Marshall?
                          He was playing for Brandon Marshall, but I don't mind that at all. He played well and contributed to the success of the team. If a player plays for the team, but doesn't play very well, it doesn't actually help the team. Playing well for oneself will in effect help the team.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                            Cowboys won't even make it through the first playoff game they play. Put that in your signature.
                            I'd take that bet. I can see them playing in the superbowl.

Comment

Really? I'm under the impression that he might make the HOF.
                              I doubt it. I seriously doubt it......But if he does, i'm sure that will make him happy.....I would wonder what all of the teams he had played for during his career would have to say....I am sure it would be something like, "Yea, but what did he do for the team? That's right, NOTHING, because he was too busy being all about himself".......

If you don't think that how a player fits into his TEAM and his contributions to the success of the TEAM have an affect on if he gets into the HOF or not, then you are sadly mistaken. And T.O. has fit like a square peg in a round hole on EVERY team he has ever played for......he has been nothing but a pain in the ass, and the NFL will be a better sport when he and players like him are gone.

Comment

I'd take that bet. I can see them playing in the superbowl.
                                You may see it, but the problem is that they're the Chargers of the NFC.

Tons of talent, sub-par coaching, and no heart.
                                Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X