Eric Decker signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Decker signs

Denver Broncos rookie wide receiver Eric Decker may have missed spring practices this offseason while rehabbing a foot injury, but now he’s taken a step towards ensuring he begins his first year on the right foot.

“I just got off the phone with my agent. Today we reached an agreement with the Denver Broncos organization which I am very excited about. It feels good to know I’ll report to camp focused on football and preparing myself to help this team in anyway,” said Decker to Fox31’s Josina Anderson

Decker was the highest selection of the four big-name Bronco draftees that remained unsigned at the outset of this week. Decker contacted Fox31’s Anderson Sunday evening to indicate he was close to finalizing his deal. Monday Decker and the Broncos came to terms. He will report to training camp on time.

The Broncos 2010 third-round 87th overall pick out of the University of Minnesota will sign a four-year contract for a $4.8 million max deal and a $732,150 signing bonus on Tuesday.

“ It’s a very rewarding moment especially after the ups and downs I experienced over the last year. Hopefully, this is just the beginning to a long and successful career,” said Decker.

The Broncos rookies are scheduled to report to Dove Valley this Wednesday. Decker says he’ll be striving to maintain full participation in camp, and will do what is within his control to prevent any health-related setbacks.

“I feel very good going into this week. I have worked very hard on increasing my strength and endurance, as well as managing my pain. Obviously, I don’t want any setbacks during camp, but we have an excellent training staff that will work with me to feel confident about taking the field everyday.”

Last year, the former Gopher wideout suffered a devastating lisfranc injury to his left foot at Ohio State Oct. 24 which abruptly ended his collegiate career.

In the process of his recovery Decker participated in the star-studded Larry Fitzgerald camp on Minnesota’s campus this early July. However, Decker told Anderson back in June that he actually began running routes the week of the 7th.

Before Decker’s injury some experts projected him as a first or second-round pick in this year’s NFL draft. Yet while he’s been roundly credited for his toughness, route-running and determination, his pro-level speed has been equally questioned.

Now Decker is anxious to prove his critics wrong, and to also show a small-community kid from Cold Spring, Minnesota can make it big and eventually start in this league.

However, Decker will take it one step at a time.

“My goals going into camp and for this upcoming season is to make a role for myself that will better this team. Mastering the system, learning from the veterans, and becoming a better student of the game are first and foremost at this time.”

Prior to his foot injury, Decker was on pace to have his most productive season his senior year recording 50 catches for 758 yards and five touchdowns over eight games in 2009.

Through three games that year he was ranked as high as 6th in the country in receiving yards averaging 124.8 yards per game.

Now Decker hopes he will produce on that level and then some..

http://community.kdvr.com/_Eric-Deck...694/96399.html

Great news
    sigpic Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Comment

I hope Tebow is next.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
        I hope Tebow is next.
        Probably Beadles, then Thomas or Tebow..

Comment

Nice to see the next Ed McCaffrey get his contract finalized. Music to my ears...

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            I hope Tebow is next.
            If I am not mistaken they had preliminary convos with Tebows agent to talk ballpark numbers. Hopefully they were close
            Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Yay

ten characters

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGonePro View Post
                Nice to see the next Ed McCaffrey get his contract finalized. Music to my ears...

Lets let him catch a pass first before we crown him.

Comment

Eric Decker got a really good contract for a 3rd round pick. The incentives can make his deal almost reach Colt McCoy's numbers and 2x what the other guys in that round got.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                    Lets let him catch a pass first before we crown him.
                    This.

I am excited about Decker, but let's hold the talk of him being the next Eddie Mac. Not fair to raise the expectations so high on the kid.

But, anyways, very happy he's signed.
                    sigpic

Comment

I love Decker's overall attitude. Kid is going to be good. :thumb:

Comment

Nice! Very happy to see him get signed. Just three more to go. I'm pretty confident they'll all be in camp on time.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          Eric Decker got a really good contract for a 3rd round pick. The incentives can make his deal almost reach Colt McCoy's numbers and 2x what the other guys in that round got.
                          I think he has a very very good shot at reaching those incentives too. I'm just curious what they are though....starts, yards, playing time, TDs??? Probably a combo of several of them with starts being a big part of that.
                          sigpic

Comment

I predict big things from Decker this season if he can stay healthy... Somewhere around 500-600 yards and 4 TD's isnt out of the question at all IMO.

Comment

good news

Comment

Working...
                              X