Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    why?........
    Jarvis Moss? If you or me were 6-6 250, we would show more promise than Jarvis Moss.

Edit: Check that, if you put a large turd on the field, it would show more promise than Moss.. after all, at least the other team might slip on it.
    Last edited by iowabronco24; 07-27-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Dumervil and Ayers are locks for the roster. Reid is also a lock if healthy. If he isn't healthy and is put on the PUP list, then we probably have 2 spots open. I think Moss, Kirlew, and Baraka Atkins would fight for those 2 last spots or 1 if Reid is healthy. I think Moss will end up with either the last or 1 of the 2. I think Atkins would edge out Kirlew for the last spot if Reid is out. I wouldn't underestimate Kirlew though. I could very easily see him making the team.
      Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

this was expected Tyler Polumbus was a better LT then RT it is a more natural fit and Duncan or beadles can cover back up RT
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
          Dumervil and Ayers are locks for the roster. Reid is also a lock if healthy. If he isn't healthy and is put on the PUP list, then we probably have 2 spots open. I think Moss, Kirlew, and Baraka Atkins would fight for those 2 last spots or 1 if Reid is healthy. I think Moss will end up with either the last or 1 of the 2. I think Atkins would edge out Kirlew for the last spot if Reid is out. I wouldn't underestimate Kirlew though. I could very easily see him making the team.
          You may be right but he sure has the college stats to make an argument for himself...

The two-time All-Big Ten selection and two-time team MVP closed out his career tied for third on the Hoosiers' career sacks list with 23 and second on the career tackles for loss list with 52.5. Kirlew played in 48 career games with 41 starts. He collected 220 tackles, 152 solo, with nine forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries.

In comparison, here are Atkins stats..

starting 45 times and registered 175 tackles (84 solos), 18 sacks and 29.5 stops for loss and 52 quarterback pressures and nine pass deflections, recovered three fumbles, including one for a touchdown and caused five fumbles

Kirlew had 50 more tackles, 23 more TFL, and 4 more FF in 4 fewer starts. In Atkins defense, he did play DT as well as DE which would alter his stats somewhat. He was already cut from 2 teams though, 1 of which was also a 3-4 team so I'm going with the new guy in Kirlew. I do agree that Moss, Kirlew, Reid and Atkins will be competing for 2 spots with Reid the front runner.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            You may be right but he sure has the college stats to make an argument for himself...

The two-time All-Big Ten selection and two-time team MVP closed out his career tied for third on the Hoosiers' career sacks list with 23 and second on the career tackles for loss list with 52.5. Kirlew played in 48 career games with 41 starts. He collected 220 tackles, 152 solo, with nine forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries.

In comparison, here are Atkins stats..

starting 45 times and registered 175 tackles (84 solos), 18 sacks and 29.5 stops for loss and 52 quarterback pressures and nine pass deflections, recovered three fumbles, including one for a touchdown and caused five fumbles

Kirlew had 50 more tackles, 23 more TFL, and 4 more FF in 4 fewer starts. In Atkins defense, he did play DT as well as DE which would alter his stats somewhat. He was already cut from 2 teams though, 1 of which was also a 3-4 team so I'm going with the new guy in Kirlew. I do agree that Moss, Kirlew, Reid and Atkins will be competing for 2 spots with Reid the front runner.
            I think Moss and Reid are more likely to be able to contribute on ST's. I think Kirlew will probably nake it though due to the likelihood of Reid's recovery extending into the beginning of the season.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              I think Moss and Reid are more likely to be able to contribute on ST's. I think Kirlew will probably nake it though due to the likelihood of Reid's recovery extending into the beginning of the season.
              Reid's recovery time is definitely one of the factors that will determine those OLB spots.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X