Broncos waive LB Bruce Davis and OT Chris Marinelli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos waive LB Bruce Davis and OT Chris Marinelli

Broncos waived LB Bruce Davis and OL Chris Marinelli.
    Davis, a third-round pick by the Steelers in 2008, never could make the transition from college end to NFL linebacker. He'll try to land a special teams tryout in another locale.

Per Rotoworld

Originally posted by JAY6 View Post
    Broncos waived LB Bruce Davis and OL Chris Marinelli.
    Davis, a third-round pick by the Steelers in 2008, never could make the transition from college end to NFL linebacker. He'll try to land a special teams tryout in another locale.

Per Rotoworld

Thats good news. It means we have two spots that are going to be taken with our two new signings......
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

It looks like we are down to the 80 for TC. I did have hopes that Marinelli could turn out to be a backup OT, I guess that will have to wait until next draft. Marcus Cannon from TCU is my pick.
      Last edited by broncos SB2010; 07-27-2010, 10:19 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I bet the equipment guys are tired of renaming lockers etc.....

McD & Company aren't afraid to just bring a guy in for a few days to see if he fits....

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
          I bet the equipment guys are tired of renaming lockers etc.....

McD & Company aren't afraid to just bring a guy in for a few days to see if he fits....
          Just like every other team does in the NFL
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post
            Just like every other team does in the NFL

ohhh i know, it just cracks me up, because i can see the guys cartoon style, grunting, and getting all the painting stuff back out, after just getting it put away.

I'm cool with it, at least they know they don't fit rather than always wondering.

Comment

I thought davis would have more promise then moss. This is a mistake

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                i thought davis would have more promise then moss. This is a mistake
                why?........
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                  I thought davis would have more promise then moss. This is a mistake
                  A 3rd round bust has more promise than a 1st round bust? I don't think so

Comment

Someone besides me must like Moss! I still think he will come around and if nothing else be a good insurance police against injury to Ayers of Elvis!
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                      Someone besides me must like Moss! I still think he will come around and if nothing else be a good insurance police against injury to Ayers of Elvis!
                      Bob
                      I definately like the OLB Moss better than the DE Moss. I believe he will make the team, AND be a very key part in our rotation.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        A 3rd round bust has more promise than a 1st round bust? I don't think so
                        Bruce Davis' skill set as an undersized DE/pass rusher are similar to what Jarvis brings to the table. They actually are comparable players, the difference was the round they were drafted in. Bruce was a phenomenal in rushing the quarterback at UCLA. Maybe it isn't so much his skills, but his ability to transition mentally. He was camp fodder anyways. Not much to worry about.

Comment

I liked Jammie Kirlew better than Davis anyway.

I think any player currently on the roster will have a hard time cracking that backup OLB spot with Darrell Reid and Moss as the most likely candidates. Reid may start off at PUP but it's unlikely since I think they would have done that instead of cutting either Marinelli or Davis if that were the case. Jammie Kirlew is my surprise of TC pick though and think he has a shot at making it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                            I definately like the OLB Moss better than the DE Moss. I believe he will make the team, AND be a very key part in our rotation.
                            If Moss turns out to be a better run blocker than Doom I won't mind him in the rotation in three and short. I like 3-4 OLB Moss I saw promise in pre-season game 4 last year hopefully it shows more in season 2 of his transformation to linebacker.

Comment

I not even believe that Robert Ayers has the starting job secured. I mean, I hope not. We need competition there and McDaniels kept the guy away from practice for a few days.

It is unfortunate that Darrell Reid is injured because I like him as a pass rusher despite his silly behavior on the field that might cause a penalty here and there.

Judging by Jammie Kirlew's intelligence and the huge amount of tackles for loss he produced in college, I expect him to be a good player against the run. And he he played against decent competition such as Bryan Bulaga.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X