Team will be better without Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team will be better without Marshall

Whats up broncocountry? So did anyone else get sick of Brandon getting force fed the ball last season? Many times I would see someone else Wide Open, but it was always going to him. I think it made us very one dimentional and actually did not win us a lot of games. I cant wait to see the other recievers get the ball this year, as we have MANY playmakers. Hopefully we run it well and spread the passes around. What do you guys think?

a bro, this has been discussed quite a bit already....just lettin' u know soo if you get some flaming, you'll understand why...g'luck! lol

Comment

Short term nope we will be worst without Marshall. Long term yes we be better without him.

Comment

It wasn't just last year... The past two seasons, Brandon was really aimed at all year long. Double and even triple covered, both Orton and Cutler force fed it to him.

He did make some nice plays, but it made our offense pretty one dimensional.

Comment

no flaming here, this is absolutely one hundred percent correct statement

Marshall being "Force Fed" the ball last.

Oh yeah I got real sick of it but it turned into some nice picks for us.

Good riddance Marshall!

Comment

so you responded to tell me you find my topic boring. Well im sorry that your not psyched to see our recievers this year! brandon was great, but for having that many catches he should have had many more TD's. I think we win more games this year without him! Im just saying:thumb:

Comment

I really think that with the team effort instead of the one man workhorse approach the Broncos ought to be better off. It should be harder to cover multiple receivers than one guy! UNLESS it was Orton locking on him and never looking toward anyone else. IF that was the problem, Orton will find another receiver to lock on! Hope not!

Comment

Not sure we are better....but better off..

I think that our WR corps are going to have to give extra effort to account for BOTH Marshall's and Scheffler's who together accounted for 40% of the Broncos' receiving yards in 2009 along with 57% of the receiving touchdowns...Marshall alone had 300+ catches the past 3 seasons. That is a lot of production to replace, even if there will be fewer headaches. Yes, we did draft some rookies with great potential, but they have not played a single snap in the NFL yet, so we can only speculate how they are going to develop...though I am opptomistic The vets on the team like Gaffney and Royal are going to have to step up big time while that happens. I agree, Marshall got the ball a lot, but other players WR's had big games too. Scheffler and Gaffney both had huge games last year. I think Orton targeted Marshall a lot, but he was also utilizing the system, and in this system, you take what the defense gives you. In the end, I really didn't care if Marshall was being "force fed" the ball, as long as the outcome is a win in the end. With that being said, it will be a much more quiet season without him, but certainly not an easier one.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncokidwyoming View Post
                  so you responded to tell me you find my topic boring. Well im sorry that your not psyched to see our recievers this year!
                  I'm looking back at the posts, and I see nothing of the sort being posted here. In fact, I see most people supporting your thoughts and one person trying to give you a head's up in case someone snotty does come along.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                    I'm looking back at the posts, and I see nothing of the sort being posted here. In fact, I see most people supporting your thoughts and one person trying to give you a head's up in case someone snotty does come along.

Just sayin'.
                    Wow, Alastor. 10 posts?! LOL. Earlier today you had over 300, and I know that you have waaaaaay more than that. I remember you saying something screwy happened, but I just thought it was funny to see 10 posts.
                    Show your joy

Comment

Originally posted by Grabber View Post
                      Wow, Alastor. 10 posts?! LOL. Earlier today you had over 300, and I know that you have waaaaaay more than that. I remember you saying something screwy happened, but I just thought it was funny to see 10 posts.
                      The Barrel Man did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grabber View Post
                        Lol that is funny. It says twelve now but since 03? we all love stats let's break this down...

1.5 posts per year or daily post completion of .004

or

1 post per year for four years with an increase to two posts per year for the remaining four years. This is a daily post completion of .006

I however have 4209 posts in 122 days (so not true but this is what it says) for a post completion of 34.5 per day

whew that was alot of math!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
                          I however have 4209 posts in 122 days (so not true but this is what it says) for a post completion of 34.5 per day

whew that was alot of math!
                          The result is that you're headed to the pro-bowl and I'm headed to the CFL.

Comment

You don't get better by trading your best receiver. Doesn't happen. If we do improve it's obviously because we made other improvements, but sadly there are people who will think Marshall being gone helped us improve if we do. There's a reason he was force fed the ball. I'll let you guys figure out why. :thumb:

There's just no logical way losing a dominate weapon makes you a better team. It doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                              The result is that you're headed to the pro-bowl and I'm headed to the CFL.
                              Heck yeah! I think the posting HOF is in my future!

Comment

Working...
                              X