Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team will be better without Marshall

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    I believe we will be better off right off the bat. If Orton can stretch the field this year I can almost guarantee we will be better off. I say this because who will the defense gameplan around? We have depth at the WR position always did. We have a solid core of recievers but to me if eddie can get back to his rookie season production that to me is the key to our offense well along with running the ball and blocking but I think our recievers step it up a notch and play inspired cause they will be getting more looks their way.

    Plus Marshall sometimes during games made some bonehead penalty mistakes that cost us during some games. We'll have our recievers working in unison as we move forward. Not to mention all of the guys probably get along a lot better without being distracted by Marshall's antics. Not saying Marshall was a cancer in the locker room cause I'm not in there but I'm sure the atmosphere is a lot better in there if indeed marshall was causing problem in the locker room.
    I don't necessarily think Marshall didn't get along with people or divided the team. He has a personality that allows him to get along with most people. But listening to interviews of other players at the end of the season when he got benched for the last game, it sounded like Marshall was not being dependable. Whether it was in prior week's practices, in the meeting room, or whatever, it sounded like he wasn't all there for his teammates.
    Show your joy

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
      Short term nope we will be worst without Marshall. Long term yes we be better without him.
      Yeah I kinda agree with this. Marshall long term isn't worth it with his attitude and character concerns and he's always in trouble with the law and causes him to lose games.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Maybe we will finally make the playoffs since Marshall is gone,he seem to shut it down when the season was almost over.I say we will be better without Marshall.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by broncokidwyoming View Post
          Whats up broncocountry? So did anyone else get sick of Brandon getting force fed the ball last season? Many times I would see someone else Wide Open, but it was always going to him. I think it made us very one dimentional and actually did not win us a lot of games. I cant wait to see the other recievers get the ball this year, as we have MANY playmakers. Hopefully we run it well and spread the passes around. What do you guys think?
          please, a rookie qb is better with out a pro bowl receiver? If it was not for Marshall the broncos would have only won 6 games last year

          Comment


          • #35
            I believe the team will be (and already is) much better without Marshall, but that's just my opinion.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              We still get a 2nd rounder in 2011, so maybe the best part of this thing is yet to come.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                Yeah I kinda agree with this. Marshall long term isn't worth it with his attitude and character concerns and he's always in trouble with the law and causes him to lose games.
                Long term wise Bradon would have been trouble in a team that is team first mentality. You need a proper coach that is experience on handling high maintenance players. Short term Marshall play making ability will be miss. Orton isn't a quarterback that will make plays he is a game manager our offense is in a flux for now, with a brand new interior oline and unproven wide receiving core. It could get ugly this year for the offense I like the defense a lot better.

                Comment


                • #38
                  You are better without Marshall... now you just need to trade Dumervil so you can get even better!

                  (Coming from a Raider fan)
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    On the talent versus team argument I can present one example.

                    Peyton Manning had tons of talent surrounding him during his entire playing time at UT. He had NFL Caliber receivers, NFL caliber Running backs, and NFL caliber players on defense as well. Not only did he never see a national championship, the Vols never could defeat Florida during his time here. The year AFTER he and 3 others from UT were drafted in the 1st round ? UT won the national championship with a TEAM of lesser gifted athletes.

                    Can anyone make the argument that Tee Martin was a better QB than Peyton Manning? Jamal Lewis, while still playing for UT, was lost to injury that year as well and they still dominated as a TEAM. While talent will always be necessary in any higher echelon of sports, team work and chemistry also play a large role in reaching the pinnacle of any given sport involving more than one person.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Definately record wise the Broncose will be 10-6, because of the softer schedule and improved play from the defence, Orton and Moreno. But the team will not reach full flight untill next year. Moreno will be year 3 in the system, break out year for him, behind a young promising OL that will have Harris, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, Clady. Thomas and Decker will also be in full flight next year. Broncos will make the playoffs this year, Next year will be the year the team will push for the Super Bowl.
                      Last edited by Ohenhen12345; 07-29-2010, 10:13 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I agree that we COULD be better in the future.... Remember fellas these rookies have exactly 0 NFL catches. There is no guarantee that either one will even be a serviceable player let alone a star. But as for this year... There is no way we are better.. BM leaving is going to really expose the holes in our receiving corps. Now the rookies can help fill that. But when Gaff, a rookie and Royal are your top 3 WR's..... You are going to have issues
                        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          I agree that we COULD be better in the future.... Remember fellas these rookies have exactly 0 NFL catches. There is no guarantee that either one will even be a serviceable player let alone a star. But as for this year... There is no way we are better.. BM leaving is going to really expose the holes in our receiving corps. Now the rookies can help fill that. But when Gaff, a rookie and Royal are your top 3 WR's..... You are going to have issues

                          Marshall replacement will be Gaffney, i hope you remember the Kansas city game. The Broncos will be better without Marshall because the running game will be improved this year. An improved running game will make it easier to find the open recievers.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                            Marshall replacement will be Gaffney, i hope you remember the Kansas city game. The Broncos will be better without Marshall because the running game will be improved this year. An improved running game will make it easier to find the open recievers.
                            Gaffney got shut out in the second half limit to 3 catches after getting 11 in the first half. I won't put much faith on the KC game Gaffney had 9 years in the NFL and haven't be a first receiving option til now. Also a improvement on the run game depends on either Walton or Beadles or both to be NFL ready starters as rookies won't put much stock early on them.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Marshall is, was and forever will be a cancer on every NFL team that decides to employ him.
                              sigpic

                              Defense wins championships

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                                Gaffney got shut out in the second half limit to 3 catches after getting 11 in the first half. I won't put much faith on the KC game Gaffney had 9 years in the NFL and haven't be a first receiving option til now. Also a improvement on the run game depends on either Walton or Beadles or both to be NFL ready starters as rookies won't put much stock early on them.
                                Run blocking in a PBS is going to be the easiest part of their jobs as rookies. Considering how bad the guys they are replacing were last year, I tend to feel pretty confident we'll be improved in that area.

                                What I would be concerned about is their pass blocking...
                                Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

                                Team Tebow #108

                                Yards, without points, mean nothing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X