Team will be better without Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    And name me any championship team in sports, that didn't have good chemistry. Like I said, Chemistry is just as important as talent.. You can't only have one of them, and expect to win a Championship. It doesn't work like that, in any sports. And bad character can effect chemistry a lot, especially if the person with the bad character is causing problems with another team mate.
    How can you prove something like that? Of course after winning a championship, they'll have great chemistry. Everyone loves winning, so if you do it together you all love each other. You hear about bad chemistry on losing teams. If a team had bad chemistry and won a superbowl, no one will question it. And after winning the chemistry will automatically be great. Losing leads to animosity amongst teammates. Winning leads to good chemistry. Talent leads to wins, wins lead to good chemistry. You need talent to have chemistry. It's more important, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by I Eat Staples View Post
      How can you prove something like that? Of course after winning a championship, they'll have great chemistry. Everyone loves winning, so if you do it together you all love each other. You hear about bad chemistry on losing teams. If a team had bad chemistry and won a superbowl, no one will question it. And after winning the chemistry will automatically be great. Losing leads to animosity amongst teammates. Winning leads to good chemistry. Talent leads to wins, wins lead to good chemistry. You need talent to have chemistry. It's more important, hands down.
      I agree that without talent it does not matter how great the chemistry is you aren't going to win. Which is why these teams hide behind the 'we are just here to have fun' mentality. But I do want to interject that a lack of respect for the team first, and poor chemistry can indeed lower the production of a team. In other words a bad seed although extremely talented can make the team less talented as a whole. Maybe with Marshall gone the rest of the guys can be inspired to play to their full talent potential...

Comment

If we get out to an early lead and our D is playing great, we're not going to throw the ball as much. Of course Marshall will have big stats when we're playing from behind, since we're going to be desperate and throwing the ball almost every play. You should look into stats for other receivers and even QBs, I'll bet you'll be surprised to find that their stats in wins and losses are similar to Marshall's.

As for chemistry vs. talent...I'll say it again, name one championship team in any sport that wasn't talented. The goal is to build a talented team, and then build chemistry between them. Character doesn't always = chemistry. You can't build a team around chemistry, chemistry doesn't come until the team is together. You get the most talented guys you can find and hope you have a coach who can put it all together. You hope the team gels.

Someone mentioned the Chargers and Cowboys. The Cowboys through the years have had some chemistry problems, not so much the Chargers. The reason these teams don't win championships is because coaching is important as well. Coaching holds these teams back, not chemistry. Lol you don't win 12 straight games and then lose in the playoffs because of "poor chemistry".

If you think character and chemistry is more important than talent, then I ask again, please name one championship team in any sport that wasn't talented.
        Bolded point 1 - No, you look at other players' stats........I did my thing, and I even pointed out that it was not statistically sound. YOU do the work.

Bolded point 2 (and beyond) - YOU DON'T GET IT!!!! Championship teams have talent, but they usually have character / chemistry as well.......how often do you hear, "we went thru all types of adversity"......sure, if you have all the talent and your guys are lacking in character, you may win......but there is nothing like a team with solid talent complemented by their character, work ethic, professionalism and all those intangibles that aren't on the stat sheets.

To suggest that some of us don't think talent is part of the equation for championship teams is like saying we also believe that we don't need a little air to breath from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by tacmale View Post
          No more having to have Stokely run over and control Brandon before he makes a dumb move and costs us a penalty. I Know I am not the only one to have seen this last year. It was even brought up on the board.

No more having to wonder if today is the day he gets in trouble again, and gets an 8 game suspension.

No more me, me, me. When I saw the highlight where he chastises Orton for not throwing the ball to him, when the play called was entirely different. I thought to myself wow we have mini-T.O.

No more having team captains going to the head coach, and saying hey come on take a hard line with this guy, he isn't doing his part.

So ya I think we will be better off without him. Yes the production may drop off. But I have high hopes especially in Decker. When you pick up a receiver that has only dropped 3 passes in his college career, well I would call that guy a special player. Even if he is unproven in the NFL yet.
          I agree with Brent.......this is a good post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
            I agree that without talent it does not matter how great the chemistry is you aren't going to win. Which is why these teams hide behind the 'we are just here to have fun' mentality. But I do want to interject that a lack of respect for the team first, and poor chemistry can indeed lower the production of a team. In other words a bad seed although extremely talented can make the team less talented as a whole. Maybe with Marshall gone the rest of the guys can be inspired to play to their full talent potential...
            That just doesn't make sense. How does losing your best offensive player inspire you to play better?

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Bolded point 1 - No, you look at other players' stats........I did my thing, and I even pointed out that it was not statistically sound. YOU do the work.

Bolded point 2 (and beyond) - YOU DON'T GET IT!!!! Championship teams have talent, but they usually have character / chemistry as well.......how often do you hear, "we went thru all types of adversity"......sure, if you have all the talent and your guys are lacking in character, you may win......but there is nothing like a team with solid talent complemented by their character, work ethic, professionalism and all those intangibles that aren't on the stat sheets.

To suggest that some of us don't think talent is part of the equation for championship teams is like saying we also believe that we don't need a little air to breath from time to time.
            Read that line carefully. You're saying championship teams ALWAYS have talent, and USUALLY have chemistry. I agree, and that's exactly what I've been saying. You're agreeing that talent is more important, as championship teams ALWAYS have talent.

I never said chemistry wasn't important. It's just not as important as talent. If you have a lot of talent and win games, chemistry will develop.

Comment

That just doesn't make sense. How does losing your best offensive player inspire you to play better? .
              Because if that guy is always being a prima Dona, putting you down, telling you that he is the only reason the team wins at all, that you are less important and less talented it tends to sink in. Good attitude and support can be a major inspiration.

Comment

Because if that guy is always being a prima Dona, putting you down, telling you that he is the only reason the team wins at all, that you are less important and less talented it tends to sink in. Good attitude and support can be a major inspiration.
                Lol I doubt Marshall was saying all that. He had some trouble controlling himself, which is evident from the Moreno incident and the penalties. He loses himself in the middle of the game. He also had off the field issues which I truly hope he straightens out. I don't think he was a bad teammate, but only the Broncos who played with him would really know.

Comment

Lol I doubt Marshall was saying all that. He had some trouble controlling himself, which is evident from the Moreno incident and the penalties. He loses himself in the middle of the game. He also had off the field issues which I truly hope he straightens out. I don't think he was a bad teammate, but only the Broncos who played with him would really know.
                  Tis true I don't know if he was like this either. Just using the metaphor to say that talented players can bring others down. Now TO I know fits this bill...

Comment

Tis true I don't know if he was like this either. Just using the metaphor to say that talented players can bring others down. Now TO I know fits this bill...
                    The Eagles first superbowl appearance of this decade was the first year they acquired T.O.

Comment

That just doesn't make sense. How does losing your best offensive player inspire you to play better?

Read that line carefully. You're saying championship teams ALWAYS have talent, and USUALLY have chemistry. I agree, and that's exactly what I've been saying. You're agreeing that talent is more important, as championship teams ALWAYS have talent.

I never said chemistry wasn't important. It's just not as important as talent. If you have a lot of talent and win games, chemistry will develop.
                      Forget it.......I did not emphasize the importance of chemistry/character in my post, and sadly, you have jumped on it. All I was trying to do is say......of course talent is important. But less talented teams can beat more talented teams, with the right mix of those so called intangibles.

Where's those stats you asked me to provide???????

Comment

The Eagles first superbowl appearance of this decade was the first year they acquired T.O.
                        How'd that work out for them in the end?
                        Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Exactly! And is he with the eagles now? Heck even the bills thought him too much trouble after one season. Guy's talented but just too much drama

Comment

And who made his QB miserable after that??????? And who made a Dallas team get rid of him? And who made nothing happen in Buffalo?

Sure, for a while a talented player with character issues can excel, but long term he could have been more successful than he was. That's wasting talent.

Comment

Exactly! And is he with the eagles now? Heck even the bills thought him too much trouble after one season. Guy's talented but just too much drama
                              You are on the mark in your comments. Stay tough.......

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                You are on the mark in your comments. Stay tough.......
                                He he. With three brothers and an athlete dad it's hard not to! Doesn't exactly help my cute girl status tho...

Comment

Working...
                                X