Clear All

• dizzolve
    replied
    Denver's Don't bend Don't break

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    About Williams.

My thought is he is veteram player, who does get injured. How do you get him out of two a days and save face? Have him on the PUP so he can work out but doesn't have to put pads on. Seems like a plan to me. It's just like Favre's ankle being a little off, ya right, until the end of pre-season, I bet.

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobs My Uncle View Post
    Shouldnt we worry about "having" a defense before we go and adopt a nickname? Jamaal Williams just got put on the PUP and isnt eligible to return till week 6

We didnt do crap to address this defense in the draft and with the Chiefs and Raiders uphgrading on offense we could easily pick up where we left off the last 10 games of the year

Let's face it, the entire success of the defense is riding on Jamal being able to clog the middle of the line. If Williams doesn't clog the middle...the Broncos D might as well be called the Swiss Cheese D.

Where do get Jamal won't be eligible until week 6? Got a link for that info? The way I understand it he is still recovering fully from the tricep injury and is not in playing condition, therefore he was placed on PUP and cannot participate in training camp. He can be taken off at any time and can still participate in conditioning and weight-training sessions.

Leave a comment:

• Danzler88
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobs My Uncle View Post
    Shouldnt we worry about "having" a defense before we go and adopt a nickname? Jamaal Williams just got put on the PUP and isnt eligible to return till week 6

We didnt do crap to address this defense in the draft and with the Chiefs and Raiders uphgrading on offense we could easily pick up where we left off the last 10 games of the year
    Someone gave you some bad info. He is able to return at anytime after he passes a physical.

Leave a comment:

• Bobs My Uncle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    make that 05-10
    no more like 06-10

Leave a comment:

• Bronco-24
    replied
    I feel The Blue Crush would be a pretty sweet name.

Leave a comment:

• timp
    replied
    Bronco Defense name

Rockie Mountain Boulders. Then post those road warning signs around Invesco that say "Watch Out For Falling Rock." Except paint them orange instead of yellow.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    I lived in Calgary, Ab Canada for 8 years. We loved when the Chinooks came through and broke up that -40 weather.

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    How about "Chinook" - based off of Chinook winds.

They're stronger than hurricanes in many cases. They can melt and evaporate a foot of snow in under 10 minutes.

When they have hit in the past, the temperature went from −54 °F to 49 °F, a 103 °F change in temperature in under 24 hours.

In another instance on record, the temperature was -4°F, then the Chinook hit and the temperature went to 45°F, a change of 49° - in under two minutes.

When that same Chinook faded after a day, the temperature went from 54°F to -4°F, a change of 58 degrees that took less than 28 minutes.

The "Autumn Wind" ain't got nothin' on the Rockie Mountains.

PS: If you've ever been caught in one of these suckers, you know damned well it's the scariest thing you're ever going to experience. I got caught in one once and was pretty sure I was gonna die. I've only felt that way twice in my life, and frankly, I think I felt that way for pretty good reasons.

Leave a comment:

• ozzies94ta
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    How about "Chinook" - based off of Chinook winds.

They're stronger than hurricanes in many cases. They can melt and evaporate a foot of snow in under 10 minutes.

When they have hit in the past, the temperature went from −54 °F to 49 °F, a 103 °F change in temperature in under 24 hours.

In another instance on record, the temperature was -4°F, then the Chinook hit and the temperature went to 45°F, a change of 49° - in under two minutes.

When that same Chinook faded after a day, the temperature went from 54°F to -4°F, a change of 58 degrees that took less than 28 minutes.

The "Autumn Wind" ain't got nothin' on the Rockie Mountains.

PS: If you've ever been caught in one of these suckers, you know damned well it's the scariest thing you're ever going to experience. I got caught in one once and was pretty sure I was gonna die. I've only felt that way twice in my life, and frankly, I think I felt that way for pretty good reasons.
    IDK... I like the reasonging behind it, and maybe this is just me, but it sounds more like an indian name that could be given to our division rivals... (if/when their D becomes good)

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by owninit View Post
    Orange crush

We did this last year, until proven other wise, it needs to be

ORANGE SLUSH

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by owninit View Post
    No sense re-living the defensive nickname of the 05-08 seasons, now is there?
    make that 05-10

Leave a comment:

• owninit
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    The Coordinator Shuffle

No sense re-living the defensive nickname of the 05-08 seasons, now is there?

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    The Coordinator Shuffle

Leave a comment:

• 1987Broncos
    replied
    I always liked the idea of calling defense "The Stampede". Kinda goes with the theme of Broncos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X