No announcement yet.

Receiving Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think mcD is going to have to ride DT at all and has nothing to prove....DT isnt at all as good as marsh and no one knows for sure if he can be, but he looks coming out very similar to marshall as far a size ( but hes bigger and faster) point blank he will start regardless if were smart. cuz having him on the field is a threat. and for the record im not sold on lloyd at all. i dont see him really helping the team out at all. someone said that hes like gaffney getting better with age, but im not really that big of a fan of gaffney either, i mean he will never be the elite reciever that we need to be able to carry a team, to be a threat that you have to stop, he may jus be like an orton ( who im not hating on) , someone who can consistantly perform, and sometimes go a lil bit above average but not much. gaffney and orton are just alike to me, there not bad, id even say there some what good, but nothing close to great. id like to see stokes and mckinnley make the team over lloyd, i know mckinnley will because there is no way that mcD will cut him after one year, that would be dumb with mckinnleys potential. but stokes may get cut which would suck because he is a smart reciever and our rookie will get more from him then they will from any of our other wr especial brandon lloyd.

Comment

Here it is fellas:
      Gaffney
      DT
      Decker
      Royal
      McKinnley
      Stokes

who the F%[email protected] is Loyd ??? haha

Comment

Originally posted by broncokidwyoming View Post
        Here it is fellas:
        Gaffney
        DT
        Decker
        Royal
        McKinnley
        Stokes

who the F%[email protected] is Loyd ??? haha
        He's a WR who just recieved a 2 yr contract from the Broncos, who had a good OTA's, while Stoke is once again, INJURED.
        Last edited by JayJack; 07-31-2010, 08:14 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Brandon Lloyd will probably be the 6th reciever over Stokely, based mostly on age.
          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Here is it what it will look like in my opinion:

Week 1:

1. Jabar Gaffney
            2. Brandon Lloyd
            3. Eddie Royal (Slot)
            4. Eric Decker
            5. Demaryius Thomas
            6: Brandon Stokley

Reasoning: I am gonna say we keep Stokesand put McKinleyon the PS cuz he is a great mentor for all the younger receiver's like Royal, Bay Bay, and Decker. Plus he is reliable good blocker and is always there to make that tough catch in the middle of the field on 3rd and 8, 3rd and 5. If he does end up having another injury just put him on the IR and bring back McKinley or Willis from the PS. Simple as that!

Starters come the end of the season will look like the following:

1. Demaryius Thomas
            2. Eric Decker
            3. Eddie Royal (Slot)
            4. Jabar Gaffney
            5. Brandon Lloyd
            6. Brandon Stokley or if injured Mckinley or Willis.

Thats just my 2 pennies. now what are yours??

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
              He's a WR who just recieved a 2 yr contract from the Broncos, who had a good OTA's, while Stoke is once again, INJURED.
              hehehehehe...........agreed
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BRADFORD'10 View Post

Week 1:

1. Jabar Gaffney
                2. Brandon Lloyd
                3. Eddie Royal (Slot)
                4. Eric Decker
                5. Demaryius Thomas

Reasoning: I am gonna say we keep Stokesand put McKinleyon the PS cuz he is a great mentor for all the younger receiver's like Royal, Bay Bay, and Decker. Plus he is reliable good blocker and is always there to make that tough catch in the middle of the field on 3rd and 8, 3rd and 5. If he does end up having another injury just put him on the IR and bring back McKinley or Willis from the PS. Simple as that!

1. Demaryius Thomas
                2. Eric Decker
                3. Eddie Royal (Slot)
                4. Jabar Gaffney
                5. Brandon Lloyd

I don't think McKinley is eligible for the Practice Squad. And I think Decker will start day 1, I think we'll need a big guy out there

Comment

Originally posted by BRADFORD'10 View Post

Week 1:

1. Jabar Gaffney
                  2. Brandon Lloyd
                  3. Eddie Royal (Slot)
                  4. Eric Decker
                  5. Demaryius Thomas

1. Demaryius Thomas
                  2. Eric Decker
                  3. Eddie Royal (Slot)
                  4. Jabar Gaffney
                  5. Brandon Lloyd

No way in the world McKinley would ever make it to the PS. Some other team would snatch him up in a heartbeat. You do know that Stokley only had 19 receptions all last year don't you? Yes, some of them were big catches but still only 19 and coming off another injury at 34 years old. His days of being that big time 3rd down guy are gone. If he came in, it would be due to injury or as a 4th WR. I agree that he has a lot to offer as a mentor to the young players but that is his strongest role, imo, and don't think it is strong enough to make the team. Decker, Royal, Gaffney, McKinley, and Thomas are all locks to make the team, IMO. Lloyd and Willis both have more potential than Stokley at this point and could also play ST which Stokley probably could not. I think it will be close though and it could all come down to injuries in preseason.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    I don't think McKinley is eligible for the Practice Squad. And I think Decker will start day 1, I think we'll need a big guy out there
                    He is eligible, he only played in 8 games. He would never make there anyway but I think that is irrelevant since I think he is a lock to make the team.
                    sigpic

Comment

Does anyone think some other team would be in a hurry to sign Stokley? I'm thinking that if we cut him he would be a FA for awhile and if we get an injury we can offer him a contract to come back. I think he'll start the season on the PUP list though

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        Does anyone think some other team would be in a hurry to sign Stokley? I'm thinking that if we cut him he would be a FA for awhile and if we get an injury we can offer him a contract to come back. I think he'll start the season on the PUP list though
                        I think the Steelers would get Stokely. After getting rid of Holmes, they'd probably want someone promising at that position, just incase. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut, and I think Lloyd makes the team, and switches in and out, with Demaryius at the #2, while Gaffney is #1, and Royal is in the Slot.

Comment

I think the Broncos are trying to trade Stokley. I have no idea who or what for. Just a gut feeling.
                          Show your joy

Comment

WR1. Jabar Gaffney
                            WR2. Demaryious Thomas
                            WR3. Eddie Royal
                            WR4. Eric Decker
                            WR5. Kenny McKinley
                            WR6. Matt Willis

PS Alric Arnett

just alone on upside if decker or Thomas shows they can keep and play well. we will keep matt willis and McKinley for upside alone both are 6'0 fast guys with good instinks boht alot younger then lloyd or Stokes and both fit what we want. plus we have a vet leader in gaffney. for hte wR core
                            Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 07-31-2010, 09:27 PM.
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

This is how I see it, like most others:

WR1: Demariyus Thomas
                              WR2: Eric Decker
                              Slot: Eddie Royal

I mean honestly, how awesome does the potential look with a lineup like that? It could very well be the best starting receiving corps in the NFL in a few years, once Bey Bey gets to full NFL maturity.

Then we have the rest looking like this:

WR4: Jabar Gaffney
                              WR5: Brandon Stokley
                              WR6: Brandon Lloyd
                              PS: Matt Willis (he still qualifies right? If not, then that Alric dude will make it)

I really don't see what's so great about McKinnley. He hasn't done anything, and isn't impressing anyone. I love Stokley and I hope he makes the team, and I think he will. This will leave a very good receiving corps. With players like Gaffney and Stokley as the #4 and #5, we have some good depth as well.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
                                This is how I see it, like most others:

WR1: Demariyus Thomas
                                WR2: Eric Decker
                                Slot: Eddie Royal

I mean honestly, how awesome does the potential look with a lineup like that? It could very well be the best starting receiving corps in the NFL in a few years, once Bey Bey gets to full NFL maturity.

Then we have the rest looking like this:

WR4: Jabar Gaffney
                                WR5: Brandon Stokley
                                WR6: Brandon Lloyd
                                PS: Matt Willis (he still qualifies right? If not, then that Alric dude will make it)

I really don't see what's so great about McKinnley. He hasn't done anything, and isn't impressing anyone. I love Stokley and I hope he makes the team, and I think he will. This will leave a very good receiving corps. With players like Gaffney and Stokley as the #4 and #5, we have some good depth as well.
                                What is with the dislike on McKinley? How come y'all haven't realize that the "Patriots" way is not to play rookies UNLESS they are 1st/2nd rd draft picks? You can't blame McD because he never gave McKinley a chance. McD admitted in a post season interview that if he could do some things different, he would've played his rookies more. He said that they could've helped us down the stretch.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X