Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Receiving Corps

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    McKinnley is weak and shys away from contact. Also looked awful when returning kicks.

    Gaffney
    Thomas
    Royal
    Decker
    Lloyd
    Stokes

    with Willis on the Practice Squad.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
      McKinnley is weak and shys away from contact. Also looked awful when returning kicks.

      Gaffney
      Thomas
      Royal
      Decker
      Lloyd
      Stokes

      with Willis on the Practice Squad.
      As much as McD and players have been talking about Willis. I think he could take Stokes roster spot. It may not mean much to you or anybody else, but on Eddie Royals FB page, he posted a thread saying to remember the name Matthew Willis and left it at that.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        mckinely is a great route runner, fast guy who is 6'0 with good hands and can be great once he gets used to the speed of the NFL
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by BRADFORD'10 View Post
          Here is it what it will look like in my opinion:

          Week 1:

          1. Jabar Gaffney
          2. Brandon Lloyd
          3. Eddie Royal (Slot)
          4. Eric Decker
          5. Demaryius Thomas
          6: Brandon Stokley

          Reasoning: I am gonna say we keep Stokesand put McKinleyon the PS cuz he is a great mentor for all the younger receiver's like Royal, Bay Bay, and Decker. Plus he is reliable good blocker and is always there to make that tough catch in the middle of the field on 3rd and 8, 3rd and 5. If he does end up having another injury just put him on the IR and bring back McKinley or Willis from the PS. Simple as that!

          Starters come the end of the season will look like the following:

          1. Demaryius Thomas
          2. Eric Decker
          3. Eddie Royal (Slot)
          4. Jabar Gaffney
          5. Brandon Lloyd
          6. Brandon Stokley or if injured Mckinley or Willis.

          Thats just my 2 pennies. now what are yours??
          I respect your reasoning, i just disagree with it. I love Stoke just as much as the rest of you, and i would love nothing more than for Rod Smith to be our WR's Coach and Stoke be the Assistant. But i don't think Stoke will make the team on what you have listed. At this point in Stoke's career, anybody can feel those shoes. He won't beat out Royal in the slot, Gaffney knows all of the reciever positions so that pushes Stoke further out, age is not his friend at all, McKinley and Willis have a year in this offense just like Stoke, so there is no upperhand on that end, he's had a history with concussions and he is injured now. There is more that i didn't call off but you get my point.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
            McKinnley is weak and shys away from contact. Also looked awful when returning kicks.

            Gaffney
            Thomas
            Royal
            Decker
            Lloyd
            Stokes

            with Willis on the Practice Squad.
            I am unsure when and where he looked weak and shied away from contact. He never saw the field except on ST unless you mean during preseason. I find it very hard to believe that a WR with his college resume would shy away from contact, especially after what I have read about him during the OTAs. I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Willis make the team over Stokley and Lloyd.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              mckinely is a great route runner, fast guy who is 6'0 with good hands and can be great once he gets used to the speed of the NFL
              He hasn't seen the field much as a WR so I wouldn't say great. He might be good, but he really hasn't been on the field to much for anyone other than the coaches to really know.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                He hasn't seen the field much as a WR so I wouldn't say great. He might be good, but he really hasn't been on the field to much for anyone other than the coaches to really know.
                you can tell by the way he plays he is fast, and he has shown decnt to good hands in college, and he was one the best route runners i have seen at the college level.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                  you can tell by the way he plays he is fast, and he has shown decnt to good hands in college, and he was one the best route runners i have seen at the college level.
                  I like McKinley more than most people on this site, he was my WR of choice in that draft so I was very happy we picked him. However, it will be hard for him to see the field barring injury. Decker, Thomas, Gaffney, and Royal will all be ahead of him for a long time. I hope he develops into the talent I think he can be but he won't get many chances to show anything being a #5 or #6 WR.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    he will probably see alot of subbing in at slot for Royal, expecially if royal proves to be a deep threat WR then a slot.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      I like McKinley more than most people on this site, he was my WR of choice in that draft so I was very happy we picked him. However, it will be hard for him to see the field barring injury. Decker, Thomas, Gaffney, and Royal will all be ahead of him for a long time. I hope he develops into the talent I think he can be but he won't get many chances to show anything being a #5 or #6 WR.
                      I like McKinley also. Due to the fact that we use alot of 3/4/5 wide formations, i don't think it will be hard at all for him to see some playing time at all. I think it will be hard for him to get over 300 yrd recieving.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        it is going to be hard for any one other then DT decker Gaffney or Royal to get over 500 yards, thats why i say beyond that go for potential guys who can take over incase injury.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                          I like McKinley also. Due to the fact that we use alot of 3/4/5 wide formations, i don't think it will be hard at all for him to see some playing time at all. I think it will be hard for him to get over 300 yrd recieving.
                          They really don't use more than 3 WR very often. Last year they ran 57 plays with 2 WR, 206 with 3 WR, and 56 with 4 or 5 WR so unless he can crack the top 3 or even 4 WR he will see very little playing time. He could be a primary backup at a certian spot such as slot or behind Thomas but that guy would have to get injured before he saw the field.

                          Last year Willis was the #6 WR, he had 0 catches. Lloyd was #5 with 8 catches. Stokley was #4 with 19 catches. Royal was #3 with 37. Kenny will have a hard time getting many balls as the #5/6 guy.
                          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 07-31-2010, 11:35 PM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I also think McKinley has a lot of upside....
                            Born and raised on Broncos football! 27 and counting....

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              They really don't use more than 3 WR very often. Last year they ran 57 plays with 2 WR, 206 with 3 WR, and 56 with 4 or 5 WR so unless he can crack the top 3 or even 4 WR he will see very little playing time. He could be a primary backup at a certian spot such as slot or behind Thomas but that guy would have to get injured before he saw the field.

                              Last year Willis was the #6 WR, he had 0 catches. Lloyd was #5 with 8 catches. Stokley was #4 with 19 catches. Royal was #3 with 37. Kenny will have a hard time getting many balls as the #5/6 guy.
                              I see where your coming from, but McD has alot of "TOYS" this year. He has a better filling of them, and they have a better filling of McD and the playbook. I this last year was a little bit of try this but be safe. This year, is like fellas lets have some fun.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I think it is clear the young receivers struggle with this offense....just ask Eddie Royal.

                                Now, Thomas and/or Decker may break that mold, but until I see it, I don't believe they will be anything more than marginal contributors this season.

                                Thomas' offense at GT was an offense from circa 1942, not even remotely close to including the kind of routes he will need to run in the NFL.

                                Thomas is alot like Tebow, he is a one-day-down-the-road proposition, but I think he will show he is clearly not ready for prime time this season, just like Tebow.

                                I could be worng, and maybe Thomas/Decker have some skill sets that will take hold sooner rather than later, but again, until I see it with my own two eyes, I think history has shown it takes young receivers some time to adapt to complex offenses in the NFL.

                                If Demaryius Thomas starts, it will probably be more about where he was drafted than anything else.

                                As far as Kenny McKinley goes, he's maybe 180lbs, and his supposed 'speed' does not show up on the field, at least it did not last season. He looked green as grass, and does not look at all like he is physical enough to be anything of substance in the NFL.

                                Personally, I will be suprised if McKinley does anything in the NFL.
                                Last edited by MindField; 08-01-2010, 04:21 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X