Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Receiving Corps

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    For DT not to start, something major would have to happen. I think that if he just showed up to camp and stood on the sidelines he whole time he would still be the starter. I think that DT's hands would have to fall off for him to not be the starter. There just is no one else that can start. You cant start Gaff and Ryal cause there is no one that could stretch the field. Llyodd still has hands of stone, Mckinnley is an avg prospect at best that was never able to crack the rotation last season, Stokley is way to old and his best days are behind him.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by japfaff View Post
      For DT not to start, something major would have to happen. I think that if he just showed up to camp and stood on the sidelines he whole time he would still be the starter. I think that DT's hands would have to fall off for him to not be the starter. There just is no one else that can start. You cant start Gaff and Ryal cause there is no one that could stretch the field. Llyodd still has hands of stone, Mckinnley is an avg prospect at best that was never able to crack the rotation last season, Stokley is way to old and his best days are behind him.
      Your starters don't HAVE to be able to stretch the field. Gaffney started next to Marshall last year and neither were really field stretchers.

      I think week 1 will be Gaff and Royal starting, but DT and Decker will both get plenty of opportunities to make plays.

      Comment


      • #48
        DT will start from day one...im not sure if he will be the x or the y, but he will start. MCD wil start him for two reasons
        1. he has to prove that letting Marshall go was a good idea
        2. Drafting DT over Bryant was justified....Bryant will be a star lets all admit it
        Last edited by Syvari; 08-01-2010, 08:31 AM.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Syvari View Post
          DT will start from day one...im not sure if he will be the x or the y, but he will start. MCD has something to prove. he has to prove that he was right in drafting DT over Bryant
          McDaniels isn't dumb, and he knows that forcing an unprepared rookie into starting action when he's not ready will make both McDaniels and DT look terrible.

          I highly, highly doubt anybody starts unless they're fully ready to go. McDaniels showed last year that he has no problem letting high round picks sit the bench if they aren't up to par.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
            Your starters don't HAVE to be able to stretch the field. Gaffney started next to Marshall last year and neither were really field stretchers.

            I think week 1 will be Gaff and Royal starting, but DT and Decker will both get plenty of opportunities to make plays.
            well you cant blame them two for not stretching the field. Orton last year was a "dink n dunk" kind of QB.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Syvari View Post
              well you cant blame them two for not stretching the field. Orton last year was a "dink n dunk" kind of QB.
              Orton would throw it to the open man. He wouldn't throw a 30 yard spiral into a claustrophobic three inch window between two defenders, but if you were open deep the ball would be thrown at you.

              Marshall is not a field stretcher. He never has been.

              Comment

              Working...
              X