X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Syvari View Post
    well you cant blame them two for not stretching the field. Orton last year was a "dink n dunk" kind of QB.
    Orton would throw it to the open man. He wouldn't throw a 30 yard spiral into a claustrophobic three inch window between two defenders, but if you were open deep the ball would be thrown at you.

Marshall is not a field stretcher. He never has been.

Leave a comment:

• Syvari
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Your starters don't HAVE to be able to stretch the field. Gaffney started next to Marshall last year and neither were really field stretchers.

I think week 1 will be Gaff and Royal starting, but DT and Decker will both get plenty of opportunities to make plays.
    well you cant blame them two for not stretching the field. Orton last year was a "dink n dunk" kind of QB.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Syvari View Post
    DT will start from day one...im not sure if he will be the x or the y, but he will start. MCD has something to prove. he has to prove that he was right in drafting DT over Bryant
    McDaniels isn't dumb, and he knows that forcing an unprepared rookie into starting action when he's not ready will make both McDaniels and DT look terrible.

I highly, highly doubt anybody starts unless they're fully ready to go. McDaniels showed last year that he has no problem letting high round picks sit the bench if they aren't up to par.

Leave a comment:

• Syvari
    replied
    DT will start from day one...im not sure if he will be the x or the y, but he will start. MCD wil start him for two reasons
    1. he has to prove that letting Marshall go was a good idea
    2. Drafting DT over Bryant was justified....Bryant will be a star lets all admit it
    Last edited by Syvari; 08-01-2010, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    For DT not to start, something major would have to happen. I think that if he just showed up to camp and stood on the sidelines he whole time he would still be the starter. I think that DT's hands would have to fall off for him to not be the starter. There just is no one else that can start. You cant start Gaff and Ryal cause there is no one that could stretch the field. Llyodd still has hands of stone, Mckinnley is an avg prospect at best that was never able to crack the rotation last season, Stokley is way to old and his best days are behind him.
    Your starters don't HAVE to be able to stretch the field. Gaffney started next to Marshall last year and neither were really field stretchers.

I think week 1 will be Gaff and Royal starting, but DT and Decker will both get plenty of opportunities to make plays.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    For DT not to start, something major would have to happen. I think that if he just showed up to camp and stood on the sidelines he whole time he would still be the starter. I think that DT's hands would have to fall off for him to not be the starter. There just is no one else that can start. You cant start Gaff and Ryal cause there is no one that could stretch the field. Llyodd still has hands of stone, Mckinnley is an avg prospect at best that was never able to crack the rotation last season, Stokley is way to old and his best days are behind him.

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    I think it is clear the young receivers struggle with this offense....just ask Eddie Royal.

Now, Thomas and/or Decker may break that mold, but until I see it, I don't believe they will be anything more than marginal contributors this season.

Thomas' offense at GT was an offense from circa 1942, not even remotely close to including the kind of routes he will need to run in the NFL.

Thomas is alot like Tebow, he is a one-day-down-the-road proposition, but I think he will show he is clearly not ready for prime time this season, just like Tebow.

I could be worng, and maybe Thomas/Decker have some skill sets that will take hold sooner rather than later, but again, until I see it with my own two eyes, I think history has shown it takes young receivers some time to adapt to complex offenses in the NFL.

If Demaryius Thomas starts, it will probably be more about where he was drafted than anything else.

As far as Kenny McKinley goes, he's maybe 180lbs, and his supposed 'speed' does not show up on the field, at least it did not last season. He looked green as grass, and does not look at all like he is physical enough to be anything of substance in the NFL.

Personally, I will be suprised if McKinley does anything in the NFL.
    Last edited by MindField; 08-01-2010, 04:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    They really don't use more than 3 WR very often. Last year they ran 57 plays with 2 WR, 206 with 3 WR, and 56 with 4 or 5 WR so unless he can crack the top 3 or even 4 WR he will see very little playing time. He could be a primary backup at a certian spot such as slot or behind Thomas but that guy would have to get injured before he saw the field.

Last year Willis was the #6 WR, he had 0 catches. Lloyd was #5 with 8 catches. Stokley was #4 with 19 catches. Royal was #3 with 37. Kenny will have a hard time getting many balls as the #5/6 guy.
    I see where your coming from, but McD has alot of "TOYS" this year. He has a better filling of them, and they have a better filling of McD and the playbook. I this last year was a little bit of try this but be safe. This year, is like fellas lets have some fun.

Leave a comment:

• #7Forever
    replied
    I also think McKinley has a lot of upside....

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    I like McKinley also. Due to the fact that we use alot of 3/4/5 wide formations, i don't think it will be hard at all for him to see some playing time at all. I think it will be hard for him to get over 300 yrd recieving.
    They really don't use more than 3 WR very often. Last year they ran 57 plays with 2 WR, 206 with 3 WR, and 56 with 4 or 5 WR so unless he can crack the top 3 or even 4 WR he will see very little playing time. He could be a primary backup at a certian spot such as slot or behind Thomas but that guy would have to get injured before he saw the field.

Last year Willis was the #6 WR, he had 0 catches. Lloyd was #5 with 8 catches. Stokley was #4 with 19 catches. Royal was #3 with 37. Kenny will have a hard time getting many balls as the #5/6 guy.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 07-31-2010, 11:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    it is going to be hard for any one other then DT decker Gaffney or Royal to get over 500 yards, thats why i say beyond that go for potential guys who can take over incase injury.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I like McKinley more than most people on this site, he was my WR of choice in that draft so I was very happy we picked him. However, it will be hard for him to see the field barring injury. Decker, Thomas, Gaffney, and Royal will all be ahead of him for a long time. I hope he develops into the talent I think he can be but he won't get many chances to show anything being a #5 or #6 WR.
    I like McKinley also. Due to the fact that we use alot of 3/4/5 wide formations, i don't think it will be hard at all for him to see some playing time at all. I think it will be hard for him to get over 300 yrd recieving.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    he will probably see alot of subbing in at slot for Royal, expecially if royal proves to be a deep threat WR then a slot.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    you can tell by the way he plays he is fast, and he has shown decnt to good hands in college, and he was one the best route runners i have seen at the college level.
    I like McKinley more than most people on this site, he was my WR of choice in that draft so I was very happy we picked him. However, it will be hard for him to see the field barring injury. Decker, Thomas, Gaffney, and Royal will all be ahead of him for a long time. I hope he develops into the talent I think he can be but he won't get many chances to show anything being a #5 or #6 WR.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He hasn't seen the field much as a WR so I wouldn't say great. He might be good, but he really hasn't been on the field to much for anyone other than the coaches to really know.
    you can tell by the way he plays he is fast, and he has shown decnt to good hands in college, and he was one the best route runners i have seen at the college level.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X