Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So let me get this straight....some of you SOLD your tickets?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So let me get this straight....some of you SOLD your tickets?!

I've been reading the "starters" thread, and read something that just boiled me.

Some people admitted that they sold their tickets to the Pittsburgh game in Denver, TO STEELER FANS! Denver was 6-1 at the time, and were in first place, and they sold their tickets because "Oh we didn't want to watch mediocrity".

What kind of lily livered, panty waisted, skirt wearing wimps are you! This is your team, no matter WHO the QB is! This "oh we don't want to accept mediocrity" garbage is BULLCRAP! You accept it in your lives the minute you live vicariously through millionaires trying to win a Super Bowl, and make it part of your own happiness!

Kyle's simply a good guy who is constantly improving his game. The 2-8 end to his year was unfortunate, but it wasn't all his fault either, especially the Raiders game where the vaunted defense let JABUSTUS RUSSELL drive down the field on them! He might light it up this year, who knows. If not, this is Tebow's team, and I can't wait.

But for the rest of you wimps, you don't deserve a Super Bowl, or any kind of happiness. You didn't even deserve 2-8.....you deserved 0-10. In fact, you deserve 0-16 every single year. I'd wish for that if there weren't good Denver fans out there that root their team, and their QB on, through thick and thin. But if Denver does win a Super Bowl with Orton, or Tebow, or Quinn.....you shouldn't even bother going to the parade. Be the most hypocritical thing you've ever done in your life.

I think you are gonna take some heat for this but I completely agree. I am a season ticket holder and was there as I always am. The amount of Steeler fans made me sick. I even remember a lot of the players said they felt like it was a road game. It easily the worst thing I have ever seen at Invesco or the old Mile High. It's a shame so many sell their tickets to a game like that one. It makes it even harder on us handful of dedicated fans sitting there trying to root our boys on.

sigpic

Comment

That's why I wrote this. I don't give a crap if I get heat. I know I'll get heat because these wimps don't want to hear the truth.

I'm a Bears fan, and I said that last year. I support Kyle in whatever he does, and I like the guy. I also am a huge fan of Tebow, so I'm rooting him on too. I have a lot to root for, besides my beloved Bears.

But I am from the school that you root your team on, no matter what. You should've seen the atmosphere last year when the 5-9 Bears played on Monday Night Football against the first place Vikings. Playoff atmosphere if I've ever seen it. And the Bears were LONG out.

This wimpy idea of "Oh, we won't accept mediocrity" is garbage. It's an excuse to say that a winning team is the only way they'll ever be successful in their lives.

Comment

There's no way I'm spending 1 cent on watching a broncos game where Orton's starting. I had the same policy with Cutler. If the team wants me to cheer for them, they need to field a team that can win. And both those QBs have proven they can't.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
          There's no way I'm spending 1 cent on watching a broncos game where Orton's starting. I had the same policy with Cutler. If the team wants me to cheer for them, they need to field a team that can win. And both those QBs have proven they can't.
          I don't really think the team particularly cares if a fan that only wants to cheer when the team is winning will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by jakemcclain View Post
            I've been reading the "starters" thread, and read something that just boiled me.

Some people admitted that they sold their tickets to the Pittsburgh game in Denver, TO STEELER FANS! Denver was 6-1 at the time, and were in first place, and they sold their tickets because "Oh we didn't want to watch mediocrity".

What kind of lily livered, panty waisted, skirt wearing wimps are you! This is your team, no matter WHO the QB is! This "oh we don't want to accept mediocrity" garbage is BULLCRAP! You accept it in your lives the minute you live vicariously through millionaires trying to win a Super Bowl, and make it part of your own happiness!

Kyle's simply a good guy who is constantly improving his game. The 2-8 end to his year was unfortunate, but it wasn't all his fault either, especially the Raiders game where the vaunted defense let JABUSTUS RUSSELL drive down the field on them! He might light it up this year, who knows. If not, this is Tebow's team, and I can't wait.

But for the rest of you wimps, you don't deserve a Super Bowl, or any kind of happiness. You didn't even deserve 2-8.....you deserved 0-10. In fact, you deserve 0-16 every single year. I'd wish for that if there weren't good Denver fans out there that root their team, and their QB on, through thick and thin. But if Denver does win a Super Bowl with Orton, or Tebow, or Quinn.....you shouldn't even bother going to the parade. Be the most hypocritical thing you've ever done in your life.
            I totally agree. i would about kill to be able to go to a denver home game, any fan who sold their ticket to an opposing team fan isn't a real fan and personnally i feel they shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets. I'll take the heat with you your totally right cp to u
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
              I don't really think the team particularly cares if a fan that only wants to cheer when the team is winning will show up.
              But if that's the case, he should give up his season tickets to someone who wants to be there. There is a waiting list for season tickets to Broncos games, yes, EVEN WITH ORTON AS QB.

I think those fans deserve the season tickets more than fans who won't "spend money on mediocrity."

My own take is that such fans are the definition of mediocrity as fans and don't deserve tickets.
              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                But if that's the case, he should give up his season tickets to someone who wants to be there. There is a waiting list for season tickets to Broncos games, yes, EVEN WITH ORTON AS QB.

I think those fans deserve the season tickets more than fans who won't "spend money on mediocrity."

My own take is that such fans are the definition of mediocrity as fans and don't deserve tickets.
                I wouldn't care so much if he sold them to Denver fans, but selling them to Steeler fans is just stupid. It's hurting the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  I wouldn't care so much if he sold them to Denver fans, but selling them to Steeler fans is just stupid. It's hurting the team.
                  I say again: mediocre fans don't deserve season tickets.

Comment

Guys, just putting this out there...

The economy is bad. A lot of people are unemployed. Broncos fans can buy the tickets just as easily as any other team's fans.

If a season ticket holder wants to sell, maybe you don't like that, but if they're purchased by someone other than a Broncos fan, that's not really something the season ticket holder controls.

I sold some tickets last year. I've already sold some for this year too. I have no idea who bought them.

Anyone in this thread is just as capable of buying my tickets as a fan of another team, so let's look at it like this:

Where's YOUR loyalty?

Why didn't YOU buy my tickets rather than letting another team's fan buy them?

Now for all I know, my tickets got picked up by a Bronco fan. Probably did actually.

That said, how come it wasn't one of you? Are you mediocre fans? Where's your loyalty?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                      If the team wants me to cheer for them, they need to field a team that can win.
                      Isn't this the definition of a "Fair Weather Fan"? I understand wanting to see a team that can win, but to stop watching and sell your tickets when they don't is kind of silly don't you think?

There are a lot of fans out there that would give anything to have season tickets and you're seriously treating them like it's something the Broncos owe you. Yes you pay for them, and yes they do cost quite a bit; but the Broncos don't have to allow fans like you the ability to purchase season tickets.

What a joke.....
                      sigpic

“My age is getting up there, but that doesn't mean my play has to diminish” -Brian Dawkins

Man I love the way this guy plays!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                        Guys, just putting this out there...

The economy is bad. A lot of people are unemployed. Broncos fans can buy the tickets just as easily as any other team's fans.

If a season ticket holder wants to sell, maybe you don't like that, but if they're purchased by someone other than a Broncos fan, that's not really something the season ticket holder controls.

I sold some tickets last year. I've already sold some for this year too. I have no idea who bought them.

Anyone in this thread is just as capable of buying my tickets as a fan of another team, so let's look at it like this:

Where's YOUR loyalty?

Why didn't YOU buy my tickets rather than letting another team's fan buy them?

Now for all I know, my tickets got picked up by a Bronco fan. Probably did actually.

That said, how come it wasn't one of you? Are you mediocre fans? Where's your loyalty?
                        Ah, but the claim wasn't that the tickets were sold because the season ticket holder needed the money, Alastor, but sold by fans who said they wouldn't support "mediocrity."

Comment

Originally posted by Broncodrmmr View Post
                          Isn't this the definition of a "Fair Weather Fan"? I understand wanting to see a team that can win, but to stop watching and sell your tickets when they don't is kind of silly don't you think?

There are a lot of fans out there that would give anything to have season tickets and you're seriously treating them like it's something the Broncos owe you. Yes you pay for them, and yes they do cost quite a bit; but the Broncos don't have to allow fans like you the ability to purchase season tickets.

What a joke.....
                          Also, weren't we a winning team when we played the Steelers? Weren't we 6-2 at the time?

So, Big D is again just making it up.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                            Ah, but the claim wasn't that the tickets were sold because the season ticket holder needed the money, Alastor, but sold by fans who said they wouldn't support "mediocrity."
                            Fair point.

And honestly, I didn't know those kinds of Bronco fans existed until recently. I certainly have not run into many of them at the games myself. I have a bunch of pals there already and maybe it's just because we're around each other all the time or what (ten games a year anyway), but I just don't see those kinds of fans that actually own the tickets.

I see them for a game here or there and sometimes I run into them, but I never see them on a regular basis.

:shrug:

I honestly didn't think people like that got ticket rights in Denver. I'm still not seeing much evidence of it.

Come on now. Look at the posting history of some of the folks in this thread. Do you really believe these are the kind of people that get good enough jobs to be able to afford season tickets?

Comment

I understand this completely, and I'm not saying you're a better or worse fan for it. In fact you're probably a much better one than me when it comes down to it.

What I am saying is: If you have the financial means to pay for your tickets and are selling your tickets just because you don't like "mediocrity," why are you a season ticket holder in the first place?
                              sigpic

“My age is getting up there, but that doesn't mean my play has to diminish” -Brian Dawkins

Man I love the way this guy plays!

Comment

Working...
                              X