Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So let me get this straight....some of you SOLD your tickets?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are fre to disaggree with people berate them calling names is frowned upon. Clean up your act or you won't be able to show your bronco love here long. Now the orangemane might be more your speed
    Originally posted by jakemcclain View Post
    You refuse to see how much better he has gotten year after year. Yards, yards per play, TDs, QB rating, completion %.....all improved.

He will continue to improve, and you will continue to be a hater, as well as an idiot.
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
      Guys, just putting this out there...

The economy is bad. A lot of people are unemployed. Broncos fans can buy the tickets just as easily as any other team's fans.

If a season ticket holder wants to sell, maybe you don't like that, but if they're purchased by someone other than a Broncos fan, that's not really something the season ticket holder controls.

I sold some tickets last year. I've already sold some for this year too. I have no idea who bought them.

Anyone in this thread is just as capable of buying my tickets as a fan of another team, so let's look at it like this:

Where's YOUR loyalty?

Why didn't YOU buy my tickets rather than letting another team's fan buy them?

Now for all I know, my tickets got picked up by a Bronco fan. Probably did actually.

That said, how come it wasn't one of you? Are you mediocre fans? Where's your loyalty?
      Huh, hey ermmm I'll buy your tickets if nobody else is interested! I'm looking for tickets to the Jags game because I want to see some Orton/Tebow action out there! Does Craigslist sell some good tickets?
      sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

i know people who have season tickets have to sell them some times thats a given and you can't always control who is buying, also a given. But anyone who sells them cause they don't want to support mediocrity is a fair weather fan, they definitley would not have been around in the donkey days. Also in my opinion there are plenty of Bronco fans who want to buy tickets anyone who KNOWINGLY sells a home team seat to the opposition for what ever reason should not be able to buy tickets. Harsh, maybe, but I would eat the money before I helped support the visitors in my own house.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Even the whole "I need money because of bad economy" seems bogus.

Your telling me Pit is so well off as a city, they can travel to Denver and buy tickets and hotels?(Sure there are prolly some Pit fans that live in Denver)

I just don't see how Denver is doing that much worse than any other city?

I bet if it was Elway and TD in that stadium, you'd be trying all other means not to sell those tickets because of the economy.....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
            Even the whole "I need money because of bad economy" seems bogus.

Your telling me Pit is so well off as a city, they can travel to Denver and buy tickets and hotels?(Sure there are prolly some Pit fans that live in Denver)

I just don't see how Denver is doing that much worse than any other city?

I bet if it was Elway and TD in that stadium, you'd be trying all other means not to sell those tickets because of the economy.....
            I'm pleased that you know so much about me as well as my finances.

One reason for the Steelers being able to do that may be their population. The sheer number of people they have makes things like that more possible.

Comment

But, JS, the Steelers organization buys a lot of those tickets before the season even starts and then resells those to their own fans.

They're notorious for this.

They use a subsidiary company to do the transactions and then a third part handler, but they do it to a lot of the road games they have each season.

We as ticket holders don't even get the option for those tickets. These are the tickets that don't belong to season ticket holders that are bought on a per-game basis.

The Steelers organization swoops in and snags them up before any normal folks can even get in there to buy them. There were a number of articles on this last season.

They don't just buy a couple either. If I recall correctly they had purchased over 20,000 tickets to our home game against them last season before they were even up for grabs to most regular folks last season - or they bought them as soon as they were available, beating most of our locals to the punch.

These aren't season ticket seats they're buying though. They're buying the individual seats for one game that are available each season.
              The Broncos as an organization have a duty to protect their home field advantage. If this is true I would think that Bowlen would have to feel sick to see his stadium filled with Steeler fans. Would have to feel like getting slapped in the face and spit on.
              The Broncos cannot allow this to happen and better take some kind of preventative measures.
              Do not allow persons with a Pennsylvania address to purchase tickets for Bronco/Steeler games for the first two weeks after releasing them. Limit the amount of tickets a person can purchase from Pennsylvania to 1.
              I am not certain what the best answer would be, those are just ideas, but something better be done next time they roll into town.

Comment

sigpicTeam Tebow number 1043!
                Prepare to be TebOWNED!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                  There's no way I'm spending 1 cent on watching a broncos game where Orton's starting. I had the same policy with Cutler. If the team wants me to cheer for them, they need to field a team that can win. And both those QBs have proven they can't.
                  Then you aren't a fan.....or a terrible one, whichever. You don't have the first clue, and should probably go find a different sport.

Seriously, the self entitlement of people nowadays makes me ill.....

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
                    Then you aren't a fan.....or a terrible one, whichever. You don't have the first clue, and should probably go find a different sport.

Seriously, the self entitlement of people nowadays makes me ill.....
                    Even worse.....the self entitlement of people with no success in their own life is even sicker.

Comment

It's just weak for a diehard fan to sell their tickets for a profit (plain and simple). It seems many people just get on the waiting list for that day their number comes up, then don't know what to do after they have the passes.

It is a lot easier to sell the tickets at the price you got them for to a fan than people are making it.

I can't believe that people that live in Denver and have season tickets, have no friends without tickets that would like them. It comes down to getting more for your tickets than you paid.

That is just a value judgment, but I believe selling out your team would exclude you from giving any meaningful commentary on the team or its fan base, as you just sold your rights to comment.

If your not a diehard fan then there are no loyalties keeping you from selling your tickets to any blank face or trying your best to sell them to home fans or to take a financial hit in order to sell the tickets to a fanbase that desperately wants them.

But if the organization really wanted to do something about it they would devise new stratagies to keep it from happening. Maybe season tickets name database that is checked opon arrival or one pass that is used throughout the season.

Truth is, this is a business and the tickets get sold to whoever will buy them. The organization works with groups that will sell their tickets to the highest bidder weither or not they occupy 60% of the stadium or not.

This should be expected from a business, but not from the fans.

Comment

Anyone who sold a Broncos home seat to a Steelers fan isn't a real Broncos fan.

'Nuff said.

sigpic

Comment

I won't give my season tix rights up but I have sold the bulk of them every ye ar over the last five yeara, and sold all of them this year and last.

Alastor has a good point. Most bronco fans here that complain about this won't put their money where their mouth is. And most bronco fans won't pay a premium to see their team when others (steeler and packer fans for ex) will. Bronco fans living in other cities do the same thing. They'll pay a few hundred over face if the team is good and it is a rare chance for a relocated fan to see them live.

And no, I don't feel bad making an ex tra $400 on a pair of seats to an opposing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                            I won't give my season tix rights up but I have sold the bulk of them every ye ar over the last five yeara, and sold all of them this year and last.

Alastor has a good point. Most bronco fans here that complain about this won't put their money where their mouth is. And most bronco fans won't pay a premium to see their team when others (steeler and packer fans for ex) will. Bronco fans living in other cities do the same thing. They'll pay a few hundred over face if the team is good and it is a rare chance for a relocated fan to see them live.

And no, I don't feel bad making an ex tra $400 on a pair of seats to an opposing fan.
                            That's the problem. You should. But good for you I guess.

sigpic

Comment

Guys, just putting this out there...

The economy is bad. A lot of people are unemployed. Broncos fans can buy the tickets just as easily as any other team's fans.

If a season ticket holder wants to sell, maybe you don't like that, but if they're purchased by someone other than a Broncos fan, that's not really something the season ticket holder controls.

I sold some tickets last year. I've already sold some for this year too. I have no idea who bought them.

Anyone in this thread is just as capable of buying my tickets as a fan of another team, so let's look at it like this:

Where's YOUR loyalty?

Why didn't YOU buy my tickets rather than letting another team's fan buy them?

Now for all I know, my tickets got picked up by a Bronco fan. Probably did actually.

That said, how come it wasn't one of you? Are you mediocre fans? Where's your loyalty?
                              My loyalty is in New Jersey so it makes it a challenge to attend games. I'm also a recent college graduate with more debt than I'd like to even think about so that's another factor. If I were financially able to, I would be at as many games possible.

Comment

There are many, many Broncos tickets for sale on this website under NFL Ticket Exchange. True fans would buy them up!

Comment

Working...
                                X