Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it foolish to really think Jamaal Williams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    He has only missed 6 games since 2003 not counting last season. He tore his tricep to miss last season, it's not like he had his knee replaced, broke his leg or something like that. I see no reason why Jamal doesn't start at least 14 games for us next season.
    Meh he's at the point in his career where playing football at 330+ for your whole career starts to wear down your knees, he hasn't had knee problems yet but it is coming soon.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Pat Williams was going hard at 37 for the Vikings. Now, he wasn't playing in a 3-4 defense... but he was still plugging up the running lanes.

It's not like we need Jamal Williams to totally disrupt and dominate the line of scrimmage. We need him to eat up some blockers, and basically take up space.

At 34 years old, I think he can do that...

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    replied
    hopefully jamal stays healthy. he was a force in 2008. we need that for our defensive line.

if he does go down, atleast Ronald Fields started all 16 games last year and has a lot of experience starting for our defense.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
    Will be there for a significant portion of the season?

Let us just assume for a moment he wont be. OK, what will the starting 3 be?

Will it be Fields at NT, with Green and Bannan at ends?

Green and Bannan are both 6'3". That is tall, but 3-4 DEs are idealy 6-4 if not 6-5. I know splitting hairs. Just sayin.

Is Chris Baker someone to keep an eye on?

What do we all think?

He has only missed 6 games since 2003 not counting last season. He tore his tricep to miss last season, it's not like he had his knee replaced, broke his leg or something like that. I see no reason why Jamal doesn't start at least 14 games for us next season.

Baker may not even make the team and McBean might actually start at RDE. I hope Baker has the potential to make it but he is in a big group of players competing for 1 or 2 spots.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 07-31-2010, 08:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    If J. Will gets injured, i think the starting D-Line would be: Green Fields bannan. I would love to say Baker would be the starting NT, but i think they may use him in a DT/DE rotation. Fields was the least of our problems on our line last year. He held his own but he wore down from the lack of "bad" rotation. I like Marcus Thomas, but he is a 4-3 DT/3-4 DE. He is not a NT at all.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Fields was average for us last season, he just wore down towards the end of the season. If Jamal gets hurt, lets hope it's towards the middle of the season. Plus I really like Baker and I think he'll see the field quite a bit this season.

Leave a comment:

• jojo187
    replied
    no it is not

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    I agree. I think that if Jamal is healthy in the middle all season, we will have a top 3 defense in the NFL. With our already stellar pass-D, and Bannan, Williams, Green upfront we will have a really dominant D. But like you said, if he goes down (which is very possible) we could be weak in the middle, and could have teams gutting us like Kansas city and Oakland did down the stretch last year. I would absolutely LOOOOOOOVE Baker to step up and be a contributer. That would be unbelievably big for our success stopping the run this year.

Leave a comment:

• thenewera44
    replied
    Is it foolish to really think Jamaal Williams?

Will be there for a significant portion of the season?

Let us just assume for a moment he wont be. OK, what will the starting 3 be?

Will it be Fields at NT, with Green and Bannan at ends?

Green and Bannan are both 6'3". That is tall, but 3-4 DEs are idealy 6-4 if not 6-5. I know splitting hairs. Just sayin.

Is Chris Baker someone to keep an eye on?

What do we all think?

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRob View Post
    It's because he has not passed his physical yet, that's all.

Broncos announce that Jamal Williams also on physically unable to perform list, and will remain that way till he passes his physical.

Tweeter by Lindsay Jones
    Good news Williams should be okay and ready to go when the season starts. I'm glad it's nothing series...

Leave a comment:

• Jack the Ripper
    replied
    I will admit that I held my breath when I first read the thread title...

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Not concerned. If he was hurt or in trouble of missing part of the season we would know, but we wouldn't know whats wrong just he would be out there when ready.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by hankster View Post
    He never started the season on the PUP list in SD. Fact is he's getting old and not the same player he once was. Dude has taken a lot of punishment and dished it out as well. And I don't agree that this is routinely used for Nt's. Cody is on the PUP as his fat butt is out of shape. Same for Jamal. If they wanted to save him, they can just let him sit during practice. Either way he counts against the roster limit.
    No, they took Cody off the PUP list today. Jamal is old and already knows the system, no need in letting him wear himself out by practicing the whole TC. He'll probably come in towards the end of TC to get some quality reps and be ready to go for the regular season.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by hankster View Post
    He never started the season on the PUP list in SD. Fact is he's getting old and not the same player he once was. Dude has taken a lot of punishment and dished it out as well.
    I was referring to TC not the season. They usually use one of the injury type reasons so the big guys can take it easy during TC.

Leave a comment:

• Go_Bolts04
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    He was my favorite too.Losing Jamal for an extensive amount of time would be heartbreaking.Good trend Muse :thumb:
    We lost him for the entire season last year and still did okay. Big Jamal will always be one of my favorites (well, when he is no longer a Bronco) but methinks his best days are long past. His knees are shot and my guess is he is still in a long slow recovery from his injury. Thinking he isn't going to be what you all hope he is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X