No announcement yet.

Is this the year Jarvis Moss blows up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the year Jarvis Moss blows up?

Darrell Reid seems to think so. One of the most respected guys on the team warns not to write him off. Personally, I think this would be awesome if he blew up, but it would probably come at the expense of Robert Ayers.

"Don't write him off," Reid said of Moss. "I think one player who's going to surprise this year is Jarvis Moss. Last year at this time, he questioned whether he wanted to play football anymore. I think he worked very hard this offseason, and he really surprised me how well he picked up the defensive philosophies. I think this might be the year it happens for him."

From todays Denver Post. Question is what to do with him if he did blow up? He's in the final year of his contract so I'm not sure how much trade value there would be. You have to try and play Ayers. Nice problem to have if it happens I guess.

no . . . . i dont think so
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

Spontaneous combustion
      sigpic

Comment

Probably not. It'd be great if it happened though...
        Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

We can only hope, but I doubt it..

STILL cannot believe Shanny and Jim Bates traded up for this guy...Still think Bates convinced Shanny that Moss would be the second coming of Jason Taylor...

Comment

Eh I dunno. Jarvis Moss athletically is a huge beast, so it makes sense that he'd look good in shorts.

However, this is his last year to do something big in the NFL. If he has another crappy season then I doubt any team will want to pick him up. He certainly has the potential to be a good player, he just hasn't put in the effort thus far. Perhaps this do or die situation will get the best out of him.

All I know is that McDaniels has been saying good things about him, and a few players have dropped his name as well. I'd love it if we finally got something nice out of him, but I'm not sure if I believe all the hype just yet.

Comment

if we can get moss or ayers to play up t the level they where drafted then the broncos can be good. i mean the second best pass rusher on the team was Derrell REid a guy who played DT in the 3-4. jarvis moss was starting to kick it up towards the end of the year when all the passing defence was going to doom.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                if we can get moss or ayers to play up t the level they where drafted then the broncos can be good. i mean the second best pass rusher on the team was Derrell REid a guy who played DT in the 3-4. jarvis moss was starting to kick it up towards the end of the year when all the passing defence was going to doom.
                Reid played DT in the 4-3 with Indy.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  Reid played DT in the 4-3 with Indy.
                  yeah i mixed that up but i ment that.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I've been saying for years that besides Javon Kearse and Alex Brown, the Gators DE's are 3-4 OLB. I hated the selection because most of Florida's players doesn't pan out in the NFL. But, when he made the switch to OLB, i got very excited about his potential as a OLB.

I think if he can turn it on for us, he would be an excellent rotational guy along with Reid and maybe Kirlew. In Moss short time as a OLB last year, he had a very impressive preseason game against the Cardinals. So hopefully with a full year at the position he can erase the title "Bust" from his name.
                    sigpic

Comment

Moss and Decker are my breakout guys this year. I believe both of them surprise everyone. :thumb:

I understand he has been lackluster, but he has a fire under his ass that hasn't been seen. Decker, love this guys attitude and overall demeanor. I believe he will have a better year than DT as a rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post
                        Spontaneous combustion
                        This is awesome! And correct! and worth a CP!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Houdini View Post
                          Moss and Decker are my breakout guys this year. I believe both of them surprise everyone. :thumb:

I understand he has been lackluster, but he has a fire under his ass that hasn't been seen. Decker, love this guys attitude and overall demeanor. I believe he will have a better year than DT as a rookie.
                          How can Decker be a breakout player when he is a rookie?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MFJ View Post
                            We can only hope, but I doubt it..

STILL cannot believe Shanny and Jim Bates traded up for this guy...Still think Bates convinced Shanny that Moss would be the second coming of Jason Taylor...
                            I still to this day think Bates got the short end of the stick his whole entire career with us.

Comment

Originally posted by OKBroncoBoy View Post
                              Darrell Reid seems to think so. One of the most respected guys on the team warns not to write him off. Personally, I think this would be awesome if he blew up, but it would probably come at the expense of Robert Ayers.

"Don't write him off," Reid said of Moss. "I think one player who's going to surprise this year is Jarvis Moss. Last year at this time, he questioned whether he wanted to play football anymore. I think he worked very hard this offseason, and he really surprised me how well he picked up the defensive philosophies. I think this might be the year it happens for him."

From todays Denver Post. Question is what to do with him if he did blow up? He's in the final year of his contract so I'm not sure how much trade value there would be. You have to try and play Ayers. Nice problem to have if it happens I guess.
                              I would be happy if Moss just developed into an effective situational pass rusher at this point. We shall see....

Comment

Working...
                              X