The Wide Receiver Position Gives me a Headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wide Receiver Position Gives me a Headache

Now that Mathew Willis is impressing and we have so much talent at the position

i cant create a depth chart in my head with out feeling like somebody wont get enough playing time at the receiver.
    sigpic

And this is a problem?
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

not at all....but im excited to see who will get the time and who wont but i feel like theyll be some very talented people on the bench
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jaycuthroat View Post
        i cant create a depth chart in my head with out feeling like somebody wont get enough playing time at the receiver.
        Right now we have (in alphabetical order):

Arnett Alric
        Eric Decker
        Jabar Gaffney
        Patrick Honeycutt
        Brandon Lloyd
        Kenny McKinley
        Eddie Royal
        Brandon Stokley
        Demaryius Thomas
        Mathew Willis

Honeycutt made a totally sweet catch today, and then made two impressive others at least. All the same, I'd say he's on the outside looking in.

I think that between Lloyd, McKinley, and Stokley it's not looking good for any of the others.

I just don't see a space for Willis, Honeycutt or Arnett regardless of how well they impress in the next ten days.

Comment

Well it's starting to look more and more like Willis is going to be making the final roster. If he can keep up what he's doing so far he may even get into the top three. He's going to need to come through in the preseason though. Right now I'm thinking the final list of receivers looks like this (though not necessarily in this order):

Gaffney
          Royal
          Thomas
          Decker
          Willis
          McKinley

That's a very young, and very promising corps of receivers.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

I'd like to play Powerball but I just don't know if I could spend all that money.......

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
              I just don't see a space for Willis, Honeycutt or Arnett regardless of how well they impress in the next ten days.
              I really hope you are wrong about Willis. So far he's been the consistent story coming out of OTAs and now training camp. If he keeps it up, and then performs in the preseason, we better not cut him. What's the point in training camp/preseason if we do?

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                Well it's starting to look more and more like Willis is going to be making the final roster. If he can keep up what he's doing so far he may even get into the top three. He's going to need to come through in the preseason though. Right now I'm thinking the final list of receivers looks like this (though not necessarily in this order):

Gaffney
                Royal
                Thomas
                Decker
                Willis
                McKinley

I dont know lloyd seems to be getting alot of reps aand attention from Orton ive heard
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post

Gaffney
                  Royal
                  Thomas
                  Decker
                  Willis
                  McKinley

then ps Arnnett and thats what our WR core will be like.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Its the first day of training camp. Way to soon to think we are stacked at WR. I will wait till after preseason.

Don't forget darius watts always looked good in practice but disappeared during games.

I hope the WR can keep on impressing especially guys like thomas and decker who I am hoping can be our 1 and 2 WR in the future with royal in the slot.
                    sigpic
                    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Gaffney, Royal, Thomas, Decker are locks..

Willis, Stokley, McKinley, Lloyd for the other spot..

I could see us do a youth movement and go with Willis and McKinley..

That would be a very young, talented BUT inexperienced receiving core..
                      Last edited by ERoyal248; 08-01-2010, 11:32 PM.

Comment

this frankly is a fantastic position for our team to be in. However I would hate to lose Stokley for 2 reasons. 1. He is clutch, and im not referring to the "holy Stokley" as an example necessarily even though its a good and recent one. 2. It would break my oldest sons heart, I love that this is the kind of guy he chose, the leadership would be sorely missed.

Comment

Talent at the position? we have how many pro bowls and how many 1k yard seasons in the bunch? Cause by my calculations...The only one of either that we have is by Stokley, and he is way past those days.

I think the proper thing to say is that we have a lot of bodies, to go along with 2 potentially talented players
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Let us hope opposing teams have your problem.
                            sigpic

Comment

I can see Stokley making the squad just for the experience factor. Unless one of the kids goes above and beyond to make the squad, but I would think McD would keep the experience for the youngsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X